PDA

View Full Version : Cant stream music or use wifi printer

tonyvix
02-01-13, 12:39
Hi all,

All was working fine until i changed my router from BT to Belkin. BT dropped out constantly. Belkin is fine.

Tried to stream music from laptop to my Yamaha amp through Belkin and get "not connected". Trying to print is the same. Checking these 2 in device manager showsw an exclaimation mark

I can use dreamedit, etc. and all connected with vu duo works great, but nothing else. Internet is fine.

I have printer sharing on and streaming on....what am i doing wrong ? Windows 7

Cheers

Stanman
02-01-13, 20:14
Not IP clashes? try if its possiable to enable DHCP on the devices with exclamation mark against them and rebooting.

Also if your connecting them wireless they are not the olderer G standard and router set to N?

tonyvix
02-01-13, 20:41
Not IP clashes? try if its possiable to enable DHCP on the devices with exclamation mark against them and rebooting.

Also if your connecting them wireless they are not the olderer G standard and router set to N?

The printer is new...about 2 months old......and the music was streaming to Yamaha from laptop flawlessly with BT Homehub discounting the dropouts from the hub.

I don't know why DBedit and DCC works great with the computer so the laptop must communicate with the router OK.

The Yamaha and VuDuo are hard wired to the router. The operations that are not working seem to be the totally wireless ones......if you know what I mean.

I don't like routers, IPs, addresses, ports at the best of times !!!