PDA

View Full Version : How to USB flash upgrade VU+ Solo2

Sicilian
02-01-13, 07:46
1) Prepare a USB stick, format FAT32. I'd recommend using this HP Format tool (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool).
2) Download the image you would like to use, extract the vuplus folder.
3) Copy the vuplus folder to root of your USB stick.
4) Connect to VU+ Solo2.
5) Power on, when prompted on front display to press power button, touch the BLUE cirlces to the left of the front panel. This is the touch sensitive power button.
6) Wait for the flashing process to complete and automatically reboot. DO NOT POWER OFF DURING THE FLASHING PROCESS!

Once you copy the vuplus folder to USB stick as in step 3, you should see the vuplus folder when accessing the root of the USB stick. Folder structure should be vuplus > solo2 > flash files.

I'd also recommend installing Teracopy (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24772-Teracopy-Great-for-copying-flash-files-to-USB-sticks&p=184082#post184082), although not essential, to your PC to copy files from PC to USB stick, less chance of corrupting flash files.

Larry-G
05-05-13, 13:48
New .pdf tutorial added to the first post.

popss
14-05-13, 09:21
Did mine last night following this excellent guide only prob I had was down to the make of usb key as the new ones I had the box did not like them, so after looking at a screen during the first flash run and the second ended up using and older 2gig stick I has for years rebooted again and this time no probs.

Flashed first time with this stick now everything is working fine even the ondemand but not them all but hope to sort out the minor probs later .

So thanks to all the posts and a lot of very good help in getting the latest vix image up and running now going to look for a skin that I like that is the only thing as the ones so far look massive on my 47 inch screen.
:cool::D

tonytiger1
06-07-13, 12:13
Hi folks I just want to know how do you put in the sort cams in the black hole images I can I do it on the vti,and the vix images but not the black holes images.

Thanks

Niklas76
29-08-13, 22:21
had to reformat the USB stick on the VU+ box, as it wouldn't detect the partition when I formatted it on my Linux box, which is strange.
Update then went perfectly, thanks a lot!

Gynane1
05-03-14, 19:09
Hi I have eventually received my vu+ solo2 from world of satalite. I am new to this, can you tell me how to download enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel.ipk to my usb stick from openvix downloads, so I can upload to the box.

Many thanks

Larry-G
05-03-14, 19:11
well this is not really the thread for that kind of thing, please create a new thread in the vix support center and we will help.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?297-ViX-Team-Support-Centre

bsteele
04-11-14, 13:20
Hi Guys
Real novice here and I'm contemplating flashing my Vu+solo2 to current apollo image from this,

Version 3.0
Build 808
Kernel 3.3.8
Drivers 2013-12-12
Last Update 2013-12-21

I have read numerous guides and tried Phoenix's guide to restore image without USB in VIX 3. The current Apollo image image shows as openvix-Apollo.071-vusolo-usb (1).zip on image manager after download but will not load on blue button as box encounters software problem message and reboots.
My other concern is i'm currently using iMac with Yosemite and i think this is giving me issues trying to download dream box edit if i need to reinstall a bouquet??
In a nutshell i could really do with an "idiots" guide from start to finish if anyone could steer me in the right direction?
Apologies for being such a numpty on this!

imish
29-12-14, 12:11
Sicilian - Great guide for upgrading via USB; is there a way to upgrade from running version?

On the following screen I have selected the restore option - however the unit fails to upgrade successfully.

Jbl366
05-03-15, 07:12
I would like to know as well please how to upgrade straight to the box.
It says that I have 0Mb of flash memory on my system so it would be dangerous to carry on.
How can I allocate space on my internal HDD for this sort of purpose please?

Larry-G
05-03-15, 08:37
Sicilian - Great guide for upgrading via USB; is there a way to upgrade from running version?

On the following screen I have selected the restore option - however the unit fails to upgrade successfully.

yes that is how you "couch" flash the receiver without needing a USB stick, which image build were you using previously and have you tried it again since ?.

Larry-G
05-03-15, 08:38
I would like to know as well please how to upgrade straight to the box.
It says that I have 0Mb of flash memory on my system so it would be dangerous to carry on.
How can I allocate space on my internal HDD for this sort of purpose please?

The flashing process first wipes the flash so it should be fine.

Sid999
21-05-15, 20:26
Thanks for the tutorial, I'm as green as they come and just entering into buying my first vu box :)

Mickr1
05-12-16, 17:34
Hi ta for that info on upgrading
when you say "download the image you would like to use" I am already lost.
Is there a thread that explains to newbies about images and channel lists and bouquets, whatever they are!
I have the vu+ solo2 for a few months and am able to scan for new channels.
I can record too (haven't figured out if I can do series recording or even timed ones . so far I wait till a program starts and hit record and choose 'till program ends'..........but can see my receiver on my Mac am also wondering if I can upload files directly to the solo2 internal hard drive? and can I update these upgrades from the Mac, ?

john doe
05-12-16, 18:15
there is various images blackhole, openatv etc etc, stick to openvix (the best), you can download from the above tab called vix images. once installed you can know set up ABM and elg etc.

use the above pdf on how to install image (very simple).

is your box new? does it have an image already on it? are you flashing for a reason?

keithfzs1000
02-02-17, 09:22
Hi the power button doesnt seem to work on the front of my vusolo2 box, am i ok with using the remote power button or am I/is it fkd (technical term for ****ed)

keithfzs1000
02-02-17, 11:52
Quick update used the BlackHole-3.0.3-vusolo2_usb_release_20161224_d3f1586

unpacked and put on new usb etc, finally got the thing to read the usb stick n updated,

sequence of events as seen on display... update press blue button... flashing...UBIFS update... reboot

however the reboot starts and gets stuck no signal to tv as using hdmi, and just VUsolo2 showing on th box display

HELP!!! please lol can i try an open vix image and get rid of blackhole or will that just do the same and the box if fkd.??

DaMacFunkin
02-02-17, 12:33
Double post...
Sounds like a clone...