PDA

View Full Version : Noob in South UK, Starting at the very beginning - Suggestions Welcome!

majortom
21-09-10, 12:58
Hi All,
I've been following reviews and news on the VU+ for some time now and ready to take the plunge. I would have done this much sooner but was waiting to move house. My new place already had a sat dish up on a pole at the top of the house so I'm ready tp go for some motorised setup action :)

I've been there and done it on the cable front with S**rview and it has taken ages for me to get my head around the satellite version (people talk in serious code on other forums but I think I have it cracked!!)

As a starting point could anyone recommend a good supplier for dish, motor and VU+ Duo??
Dosen't have to be the cheapest, I just want good service and support.

Heres looking forward to my new hobbie! :)

Cheers,
MT

bobonthejob
21-09-10, 13:03
Good supplier....Look no further...Check out our sponsor....

www.world-of-satellite.co.uk

Sicilian
21-09-10, 13:04
First I'd like to :welcome: you to the forums :)

For your Dish, Motor and VU+ Duo please checkout our Sponsor, link in my signature. Remember buying from them means your helping the forum ;)

majortom
21-09-10, 13:13
Thanks for the speedy responses guys, Happy to go with the sponsor. What would you recommend in terms of dish, motor etc? and apart from cable, tape and connectors is there anything else I am missing to get started?
As I said I am in the south of the UK, looking to record while watching other channels etc so would want at least a dual LNB.

Cheers,

MT

world-of-satellite.co.uk
21-09-10, 13:43
Hello MT, welcome to the forum :)

Send me an email on: -

sales@world-of-satellite.co.uk

and i'm sure we can get you sorted with some quality kit :)

majortom
21-09-10, 13:47
Thanks Guys, :)

majortom
22-09-10, 13:50
Right guys,
Duo + along with 80cm dish & motor is on its way :). A very big thanks to Stef (our sponsor) for all the advise and great package deal.
Just need to get an image for the Duo and the dish up next!!!

Cheers,

MT

grtmoby
22-09-10, 14:49
congratulations m8

hope u enjoy it as we all do.

for the image, give ViX a try it is good and will become better by time ;)

majortom
22-09-10, 15:17
Already have it downloaded waiting to go! ;)

While I'm here I just want to pick somebodies brain on the motor/LNB setup. I will have a 2 run shotgun coax cable, am I right in thinking the connection from sat input one on the Duo box goes into the motor, then the motor into LNB output 1. The second cable is a direct run from sat input 2 on the Duo to LNB output 2? (i.e. not going via the motor)

Many Thanks for the pointers in advance!!!

Regards,

MT

Sicilian
22-09-10, 15:22
While I'm here I just want to pick somebodies brain on the motor/LNB setup. I will have a 2 run shotgun coax cable, am I right in thinking the connection from sat input one on the Duo box goes into the motor, then the motor into LNB output 1. The second cable is a direct run from sat input 2 on the Duo to LNB output 2? (i.e. not going via the motor)

Yes that's correct. In tuner settings Tuner B is set to Second cable from motorised LNB.