PDA

View Full Version : Lan Connection

tony081
21-09-10, 08:56
Hi all,
Just received my Duo, I have a dish that needs realignment, this is being done next week.
Do i need to connect the Lan connection prior to engineer arriving?
Ive booted the box with no dish connected and it stays on Enigma 2 loading.
I have tried a flash also following the newbie guides , nothing happens, is this because im not connected to a dish or that the Lan is not connected.
If i connect the Lan, do i need to dou anything else.
I am a newbie to the Linux system and would appreciate your help.

grtmoby
21-09-10, 09:48
:welcome: on board tony

this is happening coz there is no dish connected, this has nothing to do with LAN at all.

when u connect the lan, just plugin the cable and the box should do everything for you, might need simple few clicks and finall an "OK" press...

satmanbasil
21-09-10, 10:33
Hi mate

Ok so you have set up the vu with a image although you cannot see any channels you maybe looking at the boot logo, if you press menu you can investigate the setup etc.

When you installed using the wizzard did you set the vu+ a static IP address or allow dchp, if you go into setup look at the network setting and make sure all is setup right there is a section that allows you to test the setting to make sure your vu+ can connect to the web this will allow you to download plugins and settings etc to prep your receiver ready for the engineer to realine your dish.

If you know what bird your dish was pointing at then press the arrow down button then green button and select your satellite then go back into channel list and select a fta channel you never know your receiver may still pick up a channel if not too far off sight of the satellite.

regards
satmanbasil

grtmoby
21-09-10, 11:18
Hi mate

Ok so you have set up the vu with a image although you cannot see any channels you maybe looking at the boot logo, if you press menu you can investigate the setup etc.

When you installed using the wizzard did you set the vu+ a static IP address or allow dchp, if you go into setup look at the network setting and make sure all is setup right there is a section that allows you to test the setting to make sure your vu+ can connect to the web this will allow you to download plugins and settings etc to prep your receiver ready for the engineer to realine your dish.

If you know what bird your dish was pointing at then press the arrow down button then green button and select your satellite then go back into channel list and select a fta channel you never know your receiver may still pick up a channel if not too far off sight of the satellite.

regards
satmanbasil

he said no dish is connected to the box and so no channels even FTA will be received ;)

tony081
21-09-10, 20:09
Thanks for help, i will relocate my router and await the engineer.

satmanbasil
21-09-10, 23:25
he said no dish is connected to the box and so no channels even FTA will be received ;)

Hi mate

I understood that i was simply saying if he wanted to play about with it and connect the lnb then he may squeeze a picture if his dish was off beam a tad.

regards
satmanbasil

grtmoby
21-09-10, 23:41
no problem was just teasing