PDA

View Full Version : Help.

Dell_XPS
01-01-13, 16:19
Trying to flash the Vix image onto a solo 2, had BH installed on it from new, tried flashing the
original Vu image, keep reverting back to the BH image,
tried a few times, same thing happens, tried different USB sticks, no other image
will flash onto it, any ideas peeps ?, or is the box needing to be returned to wos ?

Sicilian
01-01-13, 16:25
Check folder structure, on USB stick. Also are you touching the power touch button (blue circles on left) when prompted on front screen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dell_XPS
01-01-13, 16:30
Yes m8, I've flashed a few, duo's, Ultimos, solo's etc no probs,
this is the first time I've came across this, had to flash BH onto it just to get it
working again.
Is there another way to erase the flash on this box ?

Sicilian
01-01-13, 16:34
So are you getting the prompt on front screen to press/touch power?

Dell_XPS
01-01-13, 17:09
Yes we get prompt, it goes through, erasing, flashing, updating, then go straight to BH screen, flashing
the original Vu image we get the purple Vu+ screen then it goes to the BH screen, doesn't boot up though,
hence the reason we flashed BH back onto it to get it working, would really like
Vix on it though :-(

Sicilian
01-01-13, 17:17
Format your USB stick, then make sure you copy across the correct flashing files. Sounds like you have wrong files on USB stick.

Dell_XPS
01-01-13, 17:25
Stick has been formatted a good few times,
correct image downloaded from here.
As I said the original Vu image 72MB, flashes, goes to the purple
Vu screen then goes black then goes to the BH screen, starting GUI, then
it does nothing else, Loading Vix image goes through erasing, flashing, updating,
then it reverts back to BH screen, same again you cannot do anything, does not bring
up any Vix screen etc, flashing BH back onto it it works, surely
must be a fault with the flash ?

Sicilian
01-01-13, 18:07
Try this: -

Format your USB stick FAT32 using HP Tool here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool

Also try a different USB stick.

Re-download build 544 here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/

Extract and copy complete vuplus folder to root of USB stick.

Dell_XPS
01-01-13, 19:33
Ok Cheers Sicilian, will have to be tomorrow now as It's a m8's box, at home now :-(, thanks though, will report back if any joy !!

Rob van der Does
03-01-13, 08:40
Ok Cheers Sicilian, will have to be tomorrow now as It's a m8's box, at home now :-(, thanks though, will report back if any joy !!
Euuhhhhh........ 'tomorrow' was yesterday......
Any luck now?

Dell_XPS
04-01-13, 00:22
Never managed to get back to m8's house, back at work now so will have to be next week now, it's running fine on BH 1.7.9-3, will keep you updated as soon as there is any news.

drzaphod
04-01-13, 15:12
I had the same problem on my box when I wanted to move from BH to VXI. On the hard drive there is a BH backup image that is massing things for you.

To get it to work you need to open your box, disconnect the hard drive and then do the flash. After it is done you can connect you hard drive again.

In the root of the hard drive the is vuplus folder that is messing things up. Delete it and everything works fine again after that.

Dell_XPS
07-01-13, 20:38
Just read your thread m8, was at it today, and I did exactly the same thing, it was the hard drive causing the problem, disconnected it, installed Vix and connected the HD back up, working great running Vix now, cheers everybody.

marty
07-01-13, 20:40
Just read your thread m8, was at it today, and I did exactly the same thing, it was the hard drive causing the problem, disconnected it, installed Vix and connected the HD back up, working great running Vix now, cheers everybody.

Good man, VIX is much better than BH :thumbsup:

Dell_XPS
07-01-13, 21:05
TBH Vix layout is a lot easier to use/navigate than BH, just when my m8 got his box there wasn't a Vix image out for it, so hence the reason we had to use BH on it, all good now :-)