PDA

View Full Version : recording issues

leechy
01-01-13, 12:23
Hi wonder if anyone can help when i press record on the program i am watching it records fine but when i try to set up a future timer it says it is recording but when i try to watch it back it is blank.

leechy
03-01-13, 20:30
HI guys still cant crack this i have changed file paths but still same starting to think hard drive could be problem would it help to go to ext4 ?

judge
03-01-13, 20:33
No issues what so ever with recording on the TM2T here, however I did format the HDD in the box using the VIX image, so it is ext4.
What image are you using & why did you change the recording paths?

leechy
03-01-13, 20:34
just trying diffrent things as it says its recording comes up on screen but go to file and its just black hard drive is new western digital

judge
03-01-13, 20:42
Can you view the channel that's making the recording but showing up blank?
What image are you using?

leechy
03-01-13, 20:46
im using vix the channel is viewable but the recording isnt if you press record on the channel it will record its when you use timer

judge
03-01-13, 20:56
Are you using 2 feeds? if so, have you checked they both work? what's your tuner config? what build no. of VIX?
You really need to provide as much detail as possible if you want help, otherwise, we are just guessing.

leechy
03-01-13, 21:01
2 feeds, build 482, both feeds work toneburst.

judge
03-01-13, 21:05
First thing I'd do is update to a recent build.
Build 545 is available here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-2T/).

leechy
03-01-13, 21:08
thanks i will give that a go

judge
03-01-13, 21:44
I set a timer on the TM2T earlier when you brought this up, watching a different channel when it kicked in.
Now watching the recording, it worked perfectly.
This was on build 545.
If your update doesn't sort your issue out, post up your tuner configuration.

leechy
03-01-13, 23:16
Hi i think it might be when you set recording straight from epg tried a recording from red button single epg and it worked fine from epg it failed

judge
03-01-13, 23:21
Hi i think it might be when you set recording straight from epg tried a recording from red button single epg and it worked fine from epg it failed

all recordings working fine here on the TM2T, no matter how I set them.
If you are now on build 545 or higher, did you restore a settings back-up?
You still haven't posted your tuner config, so still impossible to see if anything is wrong there...
Other than that, fresh flash. Set-up from scratch, format the HDD in the box, then report back if you still have issues.
I can't fault the TM2T in any way for live TV recordings.
Don't think it's ever failed me.

leechy
03-01-13, 23:28
tuner config is toneburst on a fixed dish but i have tried it on single both with same result

judge
03-01-13, 23:36
tuner config is toneburst on a fixed dish but i have tried it on single both with same result

sorry, maybe me being stupid but I have no idea what you mean by "tuner config is toneburst"

Rob van der Does
05-01-13, 01:47
sorry, maybe me being stupid but I have no idea what you mean by "tuner config is toneburst"
That's only one line in the DiSEqC-settings........

demented
09-01-13, 00:36
I've just started to have the exact same problem. Everything was fine but now recordings are blank. No idea why. Might try and flash the latest ViX, see if that helps.

Larry-G
09-01-13, 00:47
I know my post is of little help here, but all i can say after reading this thread is that i am not having any of the issues you seem to be having, i'm using my 2T as my primary receiver and record multiple shows daily, all have to this day worked flawlessly.

judge
09-01-13, 00:53
Same here, haven't had a single recording fail on the TM-2T yet.

alan78
11-01-13, 18:51
Hey people, i'm new here so please be gentle on me and hope i'm not asking silly questions.

I have just received the Technomate TM-2T OE, It has been flashed using the 4D image.

I have a western digital 500gig hardrive plugged into one of the rear USB ports. When i try to record a creen comes up with " Missing /hdd/movie No HDD found or no HDD drive initialized"

In the Media Player option the disc is visible under the file list

Also i have went into Setup/System/Harddisk/Initialization then pressed the Red button to format.

It says Formatting in progress and completes.

When i press record i still get the message " Missing /hdd/movie No HDD found or no HDD drive initialized"

Any ideas anyone, sorry if my question seems basic, thanks

Also when i try to pause live tv it says " Timeshift not possible "

Stanman
11-01-13, 20:55
Go into mount manager and see what it is mounted as?

alan78
11-01-13, 22:13
I managed to fix it Stanman

Selected Setup/System/Recording Paths/switch to bookmarks then i selected my hard drive. Seems to be working fine.

alan78
18-01-13, 12:42
Hi wonder if anyone can help when i press record on the program i am watching it records fine but when i try to set up a future timer it says it is recording but when i try to watch it back it is blank.

Did you get this sorted? I am having the same problems. Seems to be when using the EPG i have problems, same as you the screen goes blank when try to play back even though it seems to have recorded. Seem to record ok in real time though. Running on 4d image, that seems to be three of us in this thread with same problems. Using a western digital 500gb hard drive.

josh_g
18-01-13, 12:54
i had this issue on my TM-twin and it turned out to be a dodgy feed on my second tuner. i am also using a Weston Digital hard drive. took ages of fafing to work out it was the feeds from the dish!

alan78
18-01-13, 13:06
i had this issue on my TM-twin and it turned out to be a dodgy feed on my second tuner. i am also using a Weston Digital hard drive. took ages of fafing to work out it was the feeds from the dish!

Thanks for the feedback. Hope its something more simple than this, i wonder how the other 2 who posted got on? It was a friend of a friend who fitted the dish, sure he'll come back out no problem if need be, is it the connection that goes into the satellite that was dodgy? ie cable wasn't connected right or loose connection or something? If this is it easy fixed also? Cheers

Wonder how the other 2 with same issues got on?

josh_g
18-01-13, 13:37
Thanks for the feedback. Hope its something more simple than this, i wonder how the other 2 who posted got on? It was a friend of a friend who fitted the dish, sure he'll come back out no problem if need be, is it the connection that goes into the satellite that was dodgy? ie cable wasn't connected right or loose connection or something? If this is it easy fixed also? Cheers

Wonder how the other 2 with same issues got on?

its was the connection that went into the box itself and plugged into the second tuner. i would only have blank recordings when watching another channel

alan78
19-01-13, 08:15
its was the connection that went into the box itself and plugged into the second tuner. i would only have blank recordings when watching another channel

Thanks, i'll mess about with it over wknd, maybe try reflashing etc, will keep this in mind though, hopefully get to the bottom of it

bobi
24-01-13, 14:25
I to am having some problem with my Twin OE here, my biggest problem is the recording from the EPG and Timer Recording. When i add timer then my recordings are just blanc
Recording from the red button is totaly fine and works good.

cheers

bobi

Sicilian
24-01-13, 14:27
I to am having some problem with my Twin OE here, my biggest problem is the recording from the EPG and Timer Recording. When i add timer then my recordings are just blanc

cheers

bobi

Enable debug logs and post them here please.

alan78
27-01-13, 02:41

cheers

bobi

Exact same here, it seems to record sometimes but mostly blank. I am using an external hard drive. Strange

Stanman
27-01-13, 11:14
Can you do as above please and also screen pic of your recordingnsettings either with a screen grab or camera pic.

scruff1963
27-01-13, 23:20

I get the same if I record from a timer.
I have a fixed dish and a motorised dish, my motorised dish was blown out of alignment and I never noticed until I started to wonder why red button recordings (same channel) were 100% perfect but timer recordings were blank, It was only when we went to watch a program on another sat that we found the lack of picture/signal :(

I havn't got around to redoing my motorised dish so until then I don't try to do timer recordings and the missus misses out on west ham if they are not on 28.2.

I

Rob van der Does
28-01-13, 08:46
I get the same if I record from a timer.
I have a fixed dish and a motorised dish, my motorised dish was blown out of alignment and I never noticed until I started to wonder why red button recordings (same channel) were 100% perfect but timer recordings were blank, It was only when we went to watch a program on another sat that we found the lack of picture/signal :(

I havn't got around to redoing my motorised dish so until then I don't try to do timer recordings and the missus misses out on west ham if they are not on 28.2.
So this had nothing to do with the way a timer was established.

scruff1963
28-01-13, 12:20
So this had nothing to do with the way a timer was established.
No and neither does the op's post have anything to do with timers or it does but it's not the fault of the timer itself it's the way the timer records using the other dish input to the one being watched.

When you hit red it records using the dish you are using at the time.
Recordings set by timer use the other dish, if it's out of alignment (like mine) or connections are not good then it will be blank due to no/low signals.
The only way to test is to turn off the dish you know to be good and see if you get a picture on the other input.

josh_g
28-01-13, 12:32
i would defiantly check all connections to the box dish! as this is the most common recording issues i had exactly the same problem and was the cable in loop not second input. and again when the connection cam loose

Sicilian
28-01-13, 14:40
I set a few timers on a TM-2T this weekend, all recorded fine to internal SATA.

Rob van der Does
28-01-13, 15:11
When you hit red it records using the dish you are using at the time.
You mean using 'instant record'? Yes, of course then the recording will be made from the actual channel of the actual tuner.

Recordings set by timer use the other dish,
You can't say that.
At the time of creating the timer the timer sanity will check if the recording fits in the existing list of recording given the tuner configuration.
Which tuner will be used to carry out the recording can't be seen beforehand: that depends completely on the situation at the time of the recording (simultaneous other recordings/Live-TV/Streaming TV).

scruff1963
28-01-13, 15:58
You mean using 'instant record'? Yes, of course then the recording will be made from the actual channel of the actual tuner.

You can't say that.
At the time of creating the timer the timer sanity will check if the recording fits in the existing list of recording given the tuner configuration.
Which tuner will be used to carry out the recording can't be seen beforehand: that depends completely on the situation at the time of the recording (simultaneous other recordings/Live-TV/Streaming TV).
I would lay money that all the blank recordings are using the other input.

If you follow it logically and red button recordings record to the hdd and the recording location is a global setting then it's not the recording settings as they are proven to work from the
information given by the op.

There is no history of the tm2t having a problem with multiple recordings so the logical source of the problem would be the 2nd input which hasn't been said to be tested.

Not sure how to do it with the vix image but with the test pli image I have here it's
menu
setup
system
customise
preferred tuner
If I use tuner A I get no picture or lots of picture breakup because my dish is out of alignment.
If I use tuner B I get a strong signal and a picture all the time.

If the op could try his 2 different tuner settings then he can at least eliminate it rather than blaming the box or software.

I have today run anbother feed from my fixed dish and I can now watch or record from either input without any issues.

Rob van der Does
28-01-13, 16:32
I would simply use the satfinder for checking feeds.
And/or disable one tuner and see how that goes. If no problems found, then swap feeds.

ss0000
29-01-13, 11:44
Having bought this box through a friend I am also having the same problem. Recording is fine when pressing red button, shows on the epg Info bar as using Tuner A then if I switch to another channel it shows as using Tuner B so both work then. However timer recordings are always blank. I have updated the vix image too still the same problem. Is there a setting up procedure when you initially setup the settings, ie tuner scan etc which I may have set up wrong? I have checked both my sat feeds and they do seem to work although if I remove the feed from tuner input 1 it just doesnt work at all, i thought the input 2 would kick in and you would still get it working. Is there a enable/disable tuner function within the vix menu which might need adjusting?
Any help and advice appreciated

Rob van der Does
29-01-13, 12:49
The box doesn't detect that you disconnect a feed: Enigma simply believes what you tell it via the tuner configuration.

All these problems only suggest that there is a problem with a coax/connector/LNB.

josh_g
29-01-13, 12:53
The box doesn't detect that you disconnect a feed: Enigma simply believes what you tell it via the tuner configuration.

All these problems only suggest that there is a problem with a coax/connector/LNB.

always check connections dish and box wise ans if they are in the right connection and also motor settings if you have one!

mbull2012
30-01-13, 12:06
I Ordered a Box up today, as i have been holding off Purchasing a new Twin Tuner for some time. I was looking @ the SOLO2, but the price was putting me off & was going to wait for the Price to drop a little before getting it. But, when i seen this box as a Twin Tuner, BUY BUY i thought. This looks like a Winner to me & hopefully it is as good as the Vu Duo boxes. By this not being a CLONE BOX from China (Not that i have any issues with Clone Boxes, they are the dogs bollox) I am hoping the quality is there with the box & support is great to & will get better.

I am hoping the issue that others have been having with the Recording, does not affect me. I will post an update on here when i Recieve & test the box over the next week.

josh_g
30-01-13, 14:26
I Ordered a Box up today, as i have been holding off Purchasing a new Twin Tuner for some time. I was looking @ the SOLO2, but the price was putting me off & was going to wait for the Price to drop a little before getting it. But, when i seen this box as a Twin Tuner, BUY BUY i thought. This looks like a Winner to me & hopefully it is as good as the Vu Duo boxes. By this not being a CLONE BOX from China (Not that i have any issues with Clone Boxes, they are the dogs bollox) I am hoping the quality is there with the box & support is great to & will get better.

I am hoping the issue that others have been having with the Recording, does not affect me. I will post an update on here when i Recieve & test the box over the next week.

good to hear! i purchased my twin as i seemed the more cost effective solution.. only problems i have ever had are down to my own stupidity!

Rob van der Does
30-01-13, 15:37
only problems i have ever had are down to my own stupidity!
That are no problems: that's what we call a 'learning curve' :p

josh_g
30-01-13, 16:20
That are no problems: that's what we call a 'learning curve' :p

Exacly... thats half the fun!!!:p

alan78
31-01-13, 08:55

Just seems a bit of a coincidence that so many people are having problems with this box, surely they all cant have faulty coax/connector/LNBs?

Sicilian
31-01-13, 09:00
Anyone having these issues, please post your exact satellite dish setup and tuner settings for each tuner.

Rob van der Does
31-01-13, 09:00
Just seems a bit of a coincidence that so many people are having problems with this box, surely they all cant have faulty coax/connector/LNBs?
No idea where you find the 'so many people'.

Larry-G
31-01-13, 09:23
I have several Auto Timers set through the week on my 2T which are all fine including one that i'm watching now which was recorded last night while i was at work.

alan78
31-01-13, 09:35
I'll speak to the installer and get back to you's. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Wasn't having a go RVDD just frustrated. My installer is cool and more tech savy than me. I will run this thread by him and follow all the advise, he was out yesterday and checked the feeds in the house and they were fine. As i say i am a novice, will check tuner configs etc and will get back with more detailed info. Just hope its nothing to do with LNB.

I tried a few recordings last night and one recorded and the other didn't

I will try scruffs advice and try below and mess about with tuner settings

menu
setup
system
customise
preferred tuner

Thanks for now everyone :)

mbull2012
01-02-13, 12:58
Took delivery yesterday & had it setup in no time with a 2.5 internal SATA drive.. Lovely..
Recored some stuff last night, no issues whatsoever, will monitor over the weekend.
All i can say is, what a machine. High recommend this box over the VU Duo, smaller, lighter & faster... Looks the part, as the VU Duo now, kind a looks out dated prepared to this new boy on the town..
Very happy & will defo recommend everyone who is after a Twin Tuner to buy the Technomate TM-2T :thumbsup:

manicscrewdriver
01-02-13, 14:21
After reading this thread i have also been doing a load of recordings from both inputs and none of them have failed. I have even tried parking the motorised dish at 30w and then setting a recording on 19.2e, whilst watching another channel on the fixed dish.

As expected the box moved the dish from 30w to 19.2e and started to record.

Absolutely flawless :D

Please remember if you are in a block running off a communal system, that some of the time the second feed may not have been even connected.

I used to look after a load of properties belonging to a rather large housing association that has properties countrywide, but i mostly looked after the ones in Pimlico (London), Hackney, and West Minster. Most of the systems there had never been completed, only Sat 1 was setup, none of the feeds for Sat 2 were connected to the switch and half the time the dish for the second position 13e wasn't even installed.

I only ever discovered this when i had a service call at the properties. The company i used to work for didn't do any checks and just took it at the so called engineers word that the property had been completely commissioned. This happened on many occasions, so if your Sat 2 feed doesn't work that may be the issue.

This is what happens when you let the guys that do the cabling commission the system. A lot of the systems were installed buy un-qualified cable lackies, not properly trained commissioning engineers. You should have seen the mess that most of the headends were in. I could have done a neater job with my eyes closed, come to think of it i could have set the levels better with my eyes closed too.

Many time i would go to the property to find +100dB coming from the plate for the satellite and usually about 80dB for Digital Terrestrial and +110dB for analogue terrestrial :lol3:

Nano

Sullye
07-02-13, 11:00
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and only got my 2t two days ago. I am a complete novice at all of this. After much hair pulling I eventually got the whole thing setup and everything running smoothly. The only issue I have is the playback of a recorded programme.
When I attempt to play it the box freezes with VIX logo spinning in the top left hand corner. Just reading back through some threards I vase done everything excpet this step "Convert ext3 to ext4" So this could be the issue but I don't know what that does. I had to power on and off to get the box going again.

Sicilian
07-02-13, 14:07
Hi Guys,

I'm new here and only got my 2t two days ago. I am a complete novice at all of this. After much hair pulling I eventually got the whole thing setup and everything running smoothly. The only issue I have is the playback of a recorded programme.
When I attempt to play it the box freezes with VIX logo spinning in the top left hand corner. Just reading back through some threards I vase done everything excpet this step "Convert ext3 to ext4" So this could be the issue but I don't know what that does. I had to power on and off to get the box going again.

There is no need to convert HDD. ViX automatically initialises ext4.

mbull2012
07-02-13, 16:17
What did you install on the box after recieving from supplier?
Did you put any plugins on and what image and build is Installed?
Does it freeze on everything you have recorded?

Sullye
07-02-13, 17:43
I installed the Vix 3.0 build 562 image. The only plugins are the ones that were part of the image so the epg, webif, media player ones. I did not install anything myself under plugins.

Sullye
08-02-13, 11:12
Looks like its resolved now, trawling throough a few forums I saw a post that said to set the priority of the tuner to tuner A instead of auto. I did this and tested a few recordings and they worked.

Sullye
09-02-13, 11:35
Ok, have done a few test recordings and they are blank so what I thought above hasn't fixed my issue. When I do a sat finder on Tuner A its fine but Tuner B shows no signal being picked up. If I hit left - right on the remote it then shows the signal being received. The cables in are definitley carrying a signal as when I switch them Tuner A will alway show as receiving a signal.
I guess it could be my tuner configuration but to be honest I'm only trying things not fully knowing what it will do in terms of the config. Any ideas?

Rob van der Does
09-02-13, 11:42
Setting the tuner priority to a tuner is not a good idea.
Your issue sounds like problems in a switch and/or in an LNB.
If you use a switch set 'increased voltage' and Sequence repeat' to 'Yes'.

manicscrewdriver
09-02-13, 11:50
What is cable b connected to? A normal single lnb, a diseqc switch, a motor or a communal system?

Have you tried swapping the cables round to see if the fault replicates on tuner A?

Nano

Sullye
09-02-13, 12:23
They are two cables coming from a fixed dish with a quad lnb, so one to A and one to B. I've done a quick test and if I hit record on a channel I'm watching it will record and play without issue even when I switch to a different channel. If I use the epg to set a programme to record it comes up blank when trying to watch the recording.

alan78
14-02-13, 17:51
I think i may have fixed my problems. I have now recorded 7 recordings in a row without any problem, looking promising. I went to Menu/setup/System/Customize/Expert. I changed expert to simple and saved, so far it has resolved everything, will be running more tests through night. This is on the latest vix image.

demented
15-02-13, 22:05
I'm having similar problems. I've checked sat finder and my signal is above 80% on both inputs but the AGC (have no idea what this is) on tuner B moves constantly from 0 to 40; it is never stable like on tuner A. Would this explain my failed recordings? Is it a problem?

Rob van der Does
15-02-13, 22:09
I'm having similar problems. I've checked sat finder and my signal is above 80% on both inputs but the AGC (have no idea what this is) on tuner B moves constantly from 0 to 40; it is never stable like on tuner A. Would this explain my failed recordings? Is it a problem?
Well, signal strength (AGR) dropping to zero is no good. Does the SNR vary equally?

demented
15-02-13, 22:16
SNR is over 80% on both, on A it moves between 85% and 87%.

Rob van der Does
16-02-13, 09:08
SNR is over 80% on both, on A it moves between 85% and 87%.
That's OK then.
Normally I wouldn't worry about AGR, but if it's so varying as in your case, and even dropping to zero, something is wrong for sure.
Can you swap the feeds and see if this phenomenon swaps equally?

demented
16-02-13, 10:33
I'll give that a try later, thanks.

Gphoenix
25-02-13, 20:27
Hi guys I seem to have hit a wall and hopefully just need one answer. I'm using the TM-2T and have twin satellite feeds (both connections are sound) and I'm having issues with recording premium channels. It records all free to air no problem and a premium channel as long as the actual channel is on the tv at that time. So I'm obviously having an issue decoding these encrypted channels that I pay for? How can I change this? I have the most up to date ViX as there are no updates available.

Larry-G
26-02-13, 17:34
Hi guys I seem to have hit a wall and hopefully just need one answer. I'm using the TM-2T and have twin satellite feeds (both connections are sound) and I'm having issues with recording premium channels. It records all free to air no problem and a premium channel as long as the actual channel is on the tv at that time. So I'm obviously having an issue decoding these encrypted channels that I pay for? How can I change this? I have the most up to date ViX as there are no updates available.

Please state which image exactly as it is displayed in Menu> Information> About.

I personally have no such problems recording multiple premium channels on my 2T.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Gphoenix
03-03-13, 20:55
Virtuosso Image Xtreme
By Team VIX

Model:2T
Chipset:BCM7335
Kernel: 3.5.3
Drivers: 2012-12-08
Version:3.0
Build:600
Latest update: 2013-02-03

System temperature: 55c
Translation: ViX

I have also set up my friends TM-2T and he is struggling with the same issue. It's never the FTA channels either just my premium channels which all work. However it's sporadic as for example yesterday my Wife tried to record Comedy Central HD and it came up blank again but today the same channel recorded no problem. Very strange

hullfc27
09-03-13, 19:25
i have just changed my settings by menu/setup/system/customise and changed setup mode to simple from expert and i think its worked will try tomorrow after box has been in standby and let you know

hullfc27
10-03-13, 09:16
tried it and still black screen :mad:

Larry-G
10-03-13, 09:33
Virtuosso Image Xtreme
By Team VIX

Model:2T
Chipset:BCM7335
Kernel: 3.5.3
Drivers: 2012-12-08
Version:3.0
Build:600
Latest update: 2013-02-03

System temperature: 55c
Translation: ViX

I have also set up my friends TM-2T and he is struggling with the same issue. It's never the FTA channels either just my premium channels which all work. However it's sporadic as for example yesterday my Wife tried to record Comedy Central HD and it came up blank again but today the same channel recorded no problem. Very strange

Try updating the image to a newer build with the drivers dated 20.02.2013 and see if that makes a difference, I have never had this issue my self except the other night when i had the walking dead recording, usually i can watch the recording while it's still recording just fine but the other night it would not have it, as soon as i cancelled the recording it was fine again. although i have not had much time for testing due to personal matters.

Wizard55
10-03-13, 09:48
Hi. Just did a fresh flash last night and same issue too. Sometimes it's a blank screen, sometimes the channel glitches. 2 fta channels fine . Hope this helps. Have tried all cams..

Larry-G
10-03-13, 10:28
Hi. Just did a fresh flash last night and same issue too. Sometimes it's a blank screen, sometimes the channel glitches. 2 fta channels fine . Hope this helps. Have tried all cams..

I have a suspicion TM have botched something in the drivers again to be honest but i need to do a little more testing before i can be sure my self, as i said earlier i have never had any issues with recording on the Twin or 2T and only a few weeks ago i did a test where i had 4 or 5 HD channels recording perfectly, and i was able to watch all live and via the media player while recording. it's only as of the other night when i noticed a problem on mine.

Wizard55
10-03-13, 10:35
Thanks for that Phoenix, hopefully a fix will come from TM..

Larry-G
10-03-13, 10:38
Thanks for that Phoenix, hopefully a fix will come from TM..

I think we need a few more proper tests before we can speculate either way, as i said i have had a few family issues this last fortnight so not done any testing at all. i'll fire up my boxes tonight after work and have a look see what i can, but we also need more users to post their results with as much info as possible about their setup so that we can rule in or out various things.

Wizard55
10-03-13, 10:44
Let me know what ever info you need and what testing you need me to do .

Larry-G
10-03-13, 10:48

for example do you have TSpanel installed ? as that thing has a habbit of causing issues and we know it does not play nice with timeshift among other things. but any info you can provide would be helpful, cant quite go into much more detail as i'm at work rite now and have no access to any of my receivers.

Wizard55
10-03-13, 10:58
Hi

Fresh flash lastest build with the on demand plugin installed and mgcam. No other plugins installed and don't use ts panel.

Same config on tm 2t with 4d image and perfect and no issues on xtrend 9000 with same config

Larry-G
10-03-13, 11:03
Hi

Fresh flash lastest build with the on demand plugin installed and mgcam. No other plugins installed and don't use ts panel.

Same config on xtrend 9000 and perfect so that why I thinking its a driver issue

same here as i never have any such issues on any of my Vu's. we will get to the bottom of this in the end, just a process of eliminating one thing at a time to get there.

Larry-G
10-03-13, 11:08
Same config on tm 2t with 4d image and perfect

That could still signify a driver issue as the 4D image to my knowledge is OE 1.6 based and TM test the drivers out on that image first, then adapt them for us when we need them. it's a long winded process i know but not one we have any control over.

judge
10-03-13, 11:30

debug logs of when this issue happens would also help.
I'll fire mine up this evening & see how it goes.

Wizard55
10-03-13, 11:35
Ok judge how do I turn onlogging. Is it same place as crash logs..

judge
10-03-13, 11:37
Ok judge how do I turn onlogging. Is it same place as crash logs..

Yes. Under the crash log options, you will see an option to enable debug logs.

Larry-G
10-03-13, 11:51
make sure you set the logs to save to a USB stick and not the HDD unless you want the HDD to spin up all the time as the box will constantly write data to the debug log keeping the HDD from spinning down.

Wizard55
11-03-13, 10:18
Hi

Yesterday was watching rte 2 hd and recording albi hd. The albi hd recording was blank. Tried again today same result. Flashed back 4d image and tried the same no issues with same config ..
Have flashed back vix now and enabled debug, and have albi hd recording at the moment,

Wizard55
11-03-13, 18:18
Same thing happened today again while watching one premium channel and recording another with debugging on, and no log generated for debug .

Any ideas

Larry-G
11-03-13, 18:23
Same thing happened today again while watching one premium channel and recording another with debugging on, and no log generated for debug .

Any ideas

Did you reboot after turning on debugging ? If not Reboot the box now. It will then start a fresh log dated from the time and date of the reboot and the previous one should also be there.

Wizard55
11-03-13, 18:33
Yes rebooted after logging and no log. I am saving logs to hd . Crash logs there so logging working

Wizard55
11-03-13, 18:57
Right emailed debug file

hullfc27
12-03-13, 18:12
my recording is still not right black screen and it also makes soft cam crash and stop any ideas people pls

Larry-G
12-03-13, 19:00
my recording is still not right black screen and it also makes soft cam crash and stop any ideas people pls

we need debug logs for the times when this happens, as many as possible from as many users as possible. this is the only way were ever going to be able to track this issue down. For example i have only ever had this happen once to my 2T and i have well over a dozen auto timers set every week.

I personally think this is a driver issue but we need more data to be able to come to any real conclusion.

hullfc27
12-03-13, 19:03
it doesnt give you a debug log........

what is the setup on yours if your only having it happen once i wanna try your image, config lol

Larry-G
12-03-13, 19:19
it doesnt give you a debug log........

what is the setup on yours if your only having it happen once i wanna try your image, config lol

my setup is exceptionally basic.

Latest ViX image.
ABM configured and setup for my region.
CrossEPG setup to download every morning for 28.2 east.
OnDemand installed from the feeds.
CCcam 2.2.1 installed and setup.

and thats it.

it may be worth pointing out that i almost never watch live TV, virtually all of my viewing is of prerecorded shows via timers and auto timers at a later time. The only issue i had was the other night when a timer kicked in for the walking dead and which i tried to watch a few minutes in. all other channels including the sd version of the channel were fine it was just the one recording that was black. usually i can watch any program while it's recording either live or via the media player while it's still recording if i have the time.

hullfc27
12-03-13, 19:19
right i tried to record result was a black screen and my setup for tuners was tuner a= simple setup and tuner b= simple setup snr for tuner a=74 tuner b=73

i then changed my tuner settings to tuner a= simple and tuner b= equal to tuner a snr=74 on both recording started and have a picture but if i change channel it is glitchy then settles not sure if this will be of any use but worth a shot

Larry-G
12-03-13, 19:23
if your not getting any thing in the debug log that could very well signify a driver problem. this is of course my guess but i think going by the recent posts there could be something to it.

hullfc27
12-03-13, 19:26
i have cccam 2.3 so i will try the same as yours and see wether it makes a difference thanks for that

hullfc27
12-03-13, 20:15
my setup is exceptionally basic.

Latest ViX image.
ABM configured and setup for my region.
CrossEPG setup to download every morning for 28.2 east.
OnDemand installed from the feeds.

CCcam 2.2.1 installed and setup.

and thats it.

it may be worth pointing out that i almost never watch live TV, virtually all of my viewing is of prerecorded shows via timers and auto timers at a later time. The only issue i had was the other night when a timer kicked in for the walking dead and which i tried to watch a few minutes in. all other channels including the sd version of the channel were fine it was just the one recording that was black. usually i can watch any program while it's recording either live or via the media player while it's still recording if i have the time.

what is your tuner set up for both tuners? thanks for helping me btw

Wizard55
12-03-13, 20:19
So did you get my logs ... any update on issues .. I still getting blank screens ...

Larry-G
12-03-13, 20:19
what is your tuner set up for both tuners? thanks for helping me btw

28.2 east
simple
single
no

for them both as it's just used for sky uk.

Larry-G
12-03-13, 20:21
So did you get my logs ... any update on issues .. I still getting blank screens ...

I saw your logs hit the server but i have had other personal issues to deal with lately so not really done much testing etc, as you sent them via the logs manager andy will have a copy of them and i have started a official bug thread for this issue in the Dev section.

Wizard55
12-03-13, 20:23
That's great phoenix, sorry to hear about your personal issues

Larry-G
12-03-13, 20:24
That's great phoenix, sorry to hear about your personal issues

no worries, others have far more important things to worry about than i do.

hullfc27
12-03-13, 21:03
i have installed cccam 2.2.1 and just recorded 2 things on it perfect buzzing :) so the problem lies within cccam 2.3.0 i think???

Larry-G
12-03-13, 21:08
i have installed cccam 2.2.1 and just recorded 2 things on it perfect buzzing :) so the problem lies within cccam 2.3.0 i think???

Certainly possible but i'd give it a few days more before declaring it fixed, just in case.

Wizard55
12-03-13, 21:30
Exactly I tried it with mgcam, cccam 2.14,and cccam 2.21. Same issue. It might work once but not all the time ..

Certainly possible but i'd give it a few days more before declaring it fixed, just in case.

Larry-G
12-03-13, 21:34
Exactly I tried it with mgcam, cccam 2.14,and cccam 2.21. Same issue. It might work once but not all the time ..

funnily enough my one and only time this happened was with the drivers dated 20.02.13. never had a issue before that and i even did a experiment where i recorded 5 different HD channels on a single tuner for over a hour and had no issues what so ever.

hullfc27
12-03-13, 21:44

im on 3rd recording and still going strong but i will see what tomorrow brings after its deep sleep lol :)

hullfc27
25-03-13, 19:59
funnily enough my one and only time this happened was with the drivers dated 20.02.13. never had a issue before that and i even did a experiment where i recorded 5 different HD channels on a single tuner for over a hour and had no issues what so ever.

so do you mean it records fine on an earlier build then?

Larry-G
26-03-13, 16:52
I never experienced these issues until the recent drivers dated 20.02.3013 were released, on closer inspection with multiple images and driver sets it appears to be present in the last two released driver sets.

Both our selves and the TM devs are looking into this.

hullfc27
26-03-13, 18:19
i flashed various images and ways yesterday and tried and tested softcams to and i have managed to get it recording and working so far.......i flashed build 627 and cccam 2.2.1 set the recording through the green button on remote and in the recording settings i chose descramble and record ecm instead of normal which has worked 4 times now only problem i have is after a recording it gets glitchy so you have to change channel or restart cam tried cccam 2.3 but just black screen again so back to 2.2.1 i have just done a software upgrade through the remote and have set up some recordings to see if it works this way if not its back to 627 until its fixed thought i would share for others to try :)

kanwar
05-06-13, 00:34
Hello everyone,

I hope you're all well.

I'm new here and am having problems using the Openpli 3.0 image for my TM-2T released on the 15th of May 2013,http://download.for-...d=tm2toe&num=17.

My setup is quite simple. I have two feeds coming from my fixed (28.2e) Sky installed satellite dish into my TM-2T. I am also using cccam 2.3.0 to decode my sky card.

The problem is that random recordings turn out to be blank (maybe 1 in 5 or 6). When i test the box during the day and make various recordings it all seems fine and records perfectly. However, things i usually put on at night (I don't turn the box off) or other times of the day I check and one of them is blank (despite showing recorded time etc). Completely blank.

Here is the information from my set up which may be of use if one of you guys could kindly try to help me out.

Image- Openpli 3.0
kernel version: 3.5.3
Enigma: 05-10-2013

Detected Nims:
Tuner A: BCM7335 (Internal) (DVB-S2)
Tuner B: BCM7335 (Internal) (DVB-S2)

Tuner configuration-

TUNER A
Simple
Mode: DiSEqc A/B
Port A: Astra 1N/2A/2B/2D/Eurobird 28A (28.E)
Port B: Nothing connected
Set voltage and 22KHz: Yes
Send DiSEqC only on satellite change: No

TUNER B:
Simple
Mode: DiSEqc A/B
Port A: Astra 1N/2A/2B/2D/Eurobird 28A (28.E)
Port B: Nothing connected
Set voltage and 22KHz: Yes
Send DiSEqC only on satellite change: No

I have tried to exhaust every option possible, posted on various forums and it seems people with the TM-2T don't really have this problem that I am suffering from. I would be very grateful for help to fix this.

To be honest, I've had this problem since day 1 of getting this box. It has been a couple of months now. I have tried various images, updates etc but am still kind of stuck.

Larry-G
05-06-13, 00:58
This is the same error every one else has been having and it is drivers related, TM have been working feverishly to get this fixed and finally we may have a fix in their latest drivers although im still having some random issues even with the latest drivers.

abu baniaz
05-06-13, 01:42
The recording issue affected everyone, not just you.

See the following for update. Hopefully it is fixed. It has been independently tested.

https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/783022b5533b59fc01db1cfa5d84060f7def97f2

The drivers have been included in the latest "unstable" vix images. The drivers were uploaded to the site you linked for anyone who wants to patch their 4D image. They are due to release an updated image soon for all the four OE receivers.

HBBTV bug fixed
Web Browser I/F Ready
DDP(AC3Plus) bug fixed
TM2T VFD AC3 Icon bug fixed
Media Trick Mode improved(Audio Sync time)
Scrambled channel timer recording memory leak bug fixed
Standby Mode Timer Recording bug fixed
Video Quality improved

ab25657
28-06-13, 09:24
Sorry guys - do you have a link for the new drivers - interested to give them a test this weekend

scottmcroberts
01-07-13, 13:49
I don't have blank recordings as such, many times when I access a recording, the time will appear as 1036 minutes or numbers to that affect, then it is a black screen. If I then hard reset my TM-2T and go back into same recording, the recording works.

Is this the same error as everyone else?

sgate
01-07-13, 16:20
I don't have blank recordings as such, many times when I access a recording, the time will appear as 1036 minutes or numbers to that affect, then it is a black screen. If I then hard reset my TM-2T and go back into same recording, the recording works.

Is this the same error as everyone else?

I had that problem with the old driver but now all the recordings are good
i am using this driver :D

bcmlinuxdvb_7335-3.5.3-20130618

scottmcroberts
01-07-13, 16:59
Thanks SGate, was this off technomate site?

scottmcroberts
01-07-13, 18:31
Got the driver, anybody able to tell me how do I manually update my box with these drivers, cheers

mkhan
01-07-13, 19:00
I had that problem with the old driver but now all the recordings are good
i am using this driver :D

bcmlinuxdvb_7335-3.5.3-20130618

This is the worst driver in my opinion although it records the picture is shaky and stutters every now and again then goes back to normal. Even when you are not recording the same thing happens when watching the channel in real time, one of the channels badly affected was channel 5 HD.

I've downgraded my drivers to early April and all recordings have been fine since. The only problem is with two timer recording at the same time where one will not record at all but I've manged to get round that for now by setting one of the timers to start a minute later than the other.

scottmcroberts
01-07-13, 19:03
cheers mkhan, how do you manually load them?

mkhan
01-07-13, 20:05
cheers mkhan, how do you manually load them?

Extract the driver "bcmlinuxdvb.ko" file and ftp to /lib/modules/3.5.3/extra and reboot.

scottmcroberts
01-07-13, 20:39
muchos grazias sir, will give it a bash just now

scottmcroberts
01-07-13, 21:05
Did that rebooted, went into information and it still comes up drivers from last vix update 03 06 2013. Checked the the folder and it is definitely in the...../extra file

I presume it should install automatically or do I need to do something else

BubbleBalls
01-07-13, 21:12
Driver details are hard coded into the image. They will not change when you manually use drivers other than the ones in the image itself. Your drivers most likely updated.

Tapatalker

scottmcroberts
01-07-13, 21:15
sweet cheers guys

abu baniaz
01-07-13, 23:04
Richard of TM says that 20130614 is the best one so far. He has not tested 20130701 properly yet.

EDIT:
Looks like the 20130614 will be in the openaaf image soon.
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/56eeb215a285fc740f3c708e92501f24317cec32

scottmcroberts
02-07-13, 11:26
Brilliant will change it to the one above, Thank goodness for the good people on WOS, cheers folks

mkhan
03-07-13, 15:38
Driver details are hard coded into the image. They will not change when you manually use drivers other than the ones in the image itself. Your drivers most likely updated.

Tapatalker

I doubt the drivers are hard coded into the image if that were the case the old drivers I manually added to the latest image would not have any affect. The old drivers for me are a lot better than the later ones just the two timer recording is a issue where you have to set one program to record a minute later than the other. However no recordings have failed for me.

BubbleBalls
03-07-13, 15:40
Drivers are not hard coded. Just their details - if you access the information menu.

Tapatalker

Larry-G
03-07-13, 15:58
When you power on a TM-OE receiver, it will dispaly the drivers date in the VFD.

The date in the about> info section of the image displays the date of the drivers that were included in the image when it was built, this data will not change until a new set of drivers is included in a later build.

The image has no way of knowing the driver date unless we tell it this info when it is being built.