PDA

View Full Version : Language problem in VIX.. ??

Mr. Mister
20-09-10, 21:42
Hi all.. Hope ye all had a great day..

ok.. Noticed this a few days ago..and ment to post this earlier.. but forgot..

if i am on 28E and want to watch any other sat.. I have to change the language back to English each time i look at that channel..

Example.. i am on any $ky UK channel and swing the dish to 13E for CineFamily (CSAT).. or $ky It Action.. or any channels on any sat..

My Vu+ does not memorize what language i select last time..

Is there anything i can do to fix this.. or is this a VIX problem.. ??

Thanks in advance..

grtmoby
20-09-10, 22:03
thread moved to ViX section....

i am using Vix for a long time now even before the official release and never had such an issue. does it happen only when changing sats for you or in general. if u moved from one channel to the other on same sat, does it remember it. r u sure u return to same channel as some channels are repeated on same sat.
have u done a scan or so between the change....

pooface
20-09-10, 22:48
Another thing... If you rescan satellites, it will put the default channel to whatever it chooses. For e.g., on sky uk movie channels, it will put the default to mpeg nar (or whatever it's called). If you then change audio options it will use the new options. However, if the box crashes, or is restarted using some method other than one that saves the channel data, it will reset it to what it was before it was saved...

Mr. Mister
20-09-10, 23:41
thanks for reply..

Yes.. it will keep the setting if i stay on that satellite.. But as soon as i change sat.. it puts the language back to the default..

box have never crashed,.. and i have never done any scans..

The box is restarted every day.. just for stability..

Sicilian
21-09-10, 05:35
When you say select language, do you mean Audio source? Are you pressing Audio button to select the audio source? If the receiver is restated correctly Enigma2 should remember the audio source selected.

Mr. Mister
21-09-10, 10:41
When you say select language, do you mean Audio source? Are you pressing Audio button to select the audio source? If the receiver is restated correctly Enigma2 should remember the audio source selected.

Yes.. when i press the audio button and change the language to English.. from Italian.. French.. Spanish.. Its not remembering the English for the next time i got back to that satellite..

I know it should. as when i had the DreamElite image.. it did remember..

No biggy.. Just thought i would ask to see if this is my fault.. or maybe a bug in the image..

Sicilian
21-09-10, 10:51
Is should be remembered for that particular channel, not satellite.

pooface
21-09-10, 11:38
It works perfectly for me...

Try a test. Go to a channel (e.g. a movie channel on italia, german, spanish french etc, that you can access to), that has both English & own language. By default, it will have selected own language. Now, press the audio button, and choose english (or original or whatever it states, but will give english). Then, do a long power button, and choose "restart gui". Now, when the box loads up, it should go to the channel you were last viewing, unless you have the startup service plugin installed. What is the language?! Should be English.

Now, change to a different satellite, and go back to the channel which you just changed the language audio of. When you go back, it should still be english. Test, and let us know the outcome :)