PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] A few Noob questions

johnty
31-12-12, 00:33
I have a VU+ Duo on a fixed dish (28.2E) with quad LNB, VIX 534 Image. Both tuners set to simple.

Firstly, is the satellites.xml file included when you download the latest image?

I have downloaded, but not used as yet, the latest satellites.xml file (for 28.2E only) from satellites-xml.org but the file is considerably smaller than my existing file so would this be ok to use? It is taking about 20 mins to load my bouquet from my box to DBE and I am wondering if the satellites.xml file is causing the dalay.

I use crossepg and autobouquetmaker but I seem to have to frequently re-download crossepg to sort out my program guides even though it is set to auto download at 4.00am every day? Currently I am showing a folder for crossepg in /etc/enigma2 and also a folder on my USB which is where my epg.dat is located, is this correct or could having two instances be causing a problem?

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

judge
31-12-12, 00:41
I have a VU+ Duo on a fixed dish (28.2E) with quad LNB, VIX 534 Image. Both tuners set to simple.

Firstly, is the satellites.xml file included when you download the latest image?
Yes, but it includes a lot more sats than you need if only using 28.2E.
No harm in using it though as it's updated on an image flash/update.

I have downloaded, but not used as yet, the latest satellites.xml file (for 28.2E only) from satellites-xml.org but the file is considerably smaller than my existing file so would this be ok to use? It is taking about 20 mins to load my bouquet from my box to DBE and I am wondering if the satellites.xml file is causing the dalay.

Yes, it's ok to use the downloaded file, won't make much of a difference though.
DBE isn't yet fully up to date with VIX created bouquets so will report errors & take longer than it should.

I use crossepg and autobouquetmaker but I seem to have to frequently re-download crossepg to sort out my program guides even though it is set to auto download at 4.00am every day? Currently I am showing a folder for crossepg in /etc/enigma2 and also a folder on my USB which is where my epg.dat is located, is this correct or could having two instances be causing a problem?

Thanks for any guidance in advance.

If you have EPG set to download to USB, it should only use USB.
Check Menu -> Setup -> Vix -> Mount Manager to ensure your USB is mounted correctly.

johnty
31-12-12, 00:45
Thank you for your rapid response. The crossepg folder in enigma2 is much older than the one on my USB which is currently up to date. Should I delete the folder from enigma2? My usb is mounted correctly.

judge
31-12-12, 00:56
Yes, no harm in deleting it from flash so, free up some space & save some confusion.
It's much better to store it on USB or HDD.

Rob van der Does
31-12-12, 03:57
To add to Judges response on that:
The image comes with a satellites.xml located in etc/tuxbox. On every online image update this file will be updated as well.
If you would ever like to create your own, it should go to etc/enigma2 (to prevent an image update to overwrite it).