PDA

View Full Version : Problems with motorised system

rikksow
30-12-12, 22:13
I have a major problem. I have just had a motorised dish set up and all has been working fine on my alien 8900 HD in enigma 2. The problem i have on the motorised dish is i can't get 28e due to a large tree blocking the line of sight so i have a sky dish on another part of the house which picks up sky so i have diseqc'ed the two but i have to keep changing the settings to either positioner to use the motorised or disecq to use the sky. anyway to cut a long story short i thought i would try and configure it in spark and now i have lost everything on the motorised system in both spark and enigma. I am getting no signal on any satellite yet the motor is still moving. Does anyone know what the hell i have done and how to fix it. Surely if the motor is moving then there is nothing wrong with the dish or lnb??? any ideas

thanks in advance Rikk

TopBuzz
30-12-12, 22:36
Make sure your lat & long settings are still correct in your box, Reboot box, tell it to go to bbc world on 13e then to bbc world on 0.8w. (or to two sats you know you can get) That's what I would try first.

You really need a twin tuner box when running two dishes.

Also are you powering down the box when swaping between dishes?

rikksow
30-12-12, 22:48
Didnt realise you had to power down. I have done a complete factory reset and completely rebuilt my system and still not working. Think i may have to go on the roof to manually drive the dish to 0 and start from there

iZaza
31-12-12, 03:53
Pm me your email and I will send you an image with full instructions. Regards

Rob van der Does
31-12-12, 04:03
You really need a twin tuner box when running two dishes.
No you don't: you can easily combine the two.
See here for a how-to. (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22414-How-to-combine-a-fixed-and-a-motorised-dish-to-one-coax)