PDA

View Full Version : newbie help on setting up channels and bouquets please

stevedunkgrass
20-09-10, 19:21
Hi i have a duo and have backed up original pli image. I now want to try and load the vix image on. I have done alot of reading and take it that once i have loaded vix i need to go to plugins and download cccam and the add my config file to var/etc via ftp.
I have downloaded latest files in enigma2 section. They are E² DM800-0 HD Sats From 68[1].5E To 30W Cajton Dreambox Settings 11-09-10 and
E² DM800-0 HD(2-Sats)Hotbird 13E-Astra 19[1].2E Cajton Dreambox Settings 11-09-10.
This is where i am stuck as what to do next.
Do I have to put both these files on or just one depending on preference.
Also how do i put these files on to the duo. Do i ftp over, (not using dream I using file zilla, only what the lad in the shop said to use) or do i have to use a usb stick and just plug in with files on.

Last question for now is what are picons, what do they do and do i need them
Thanks Steve

Stanman
20-09-10, 19:43
You will need something like dreamsetedit or dreamset to transfer the channels to your VU.

Picons are small images with the channel graphics on them, you dont have to have them but its a nice and quick way of seeing what channel your watching

stevedunkgrass
20-09-10, 20:56
ok i have got dreamset. i have put my ip in and tested connection and i get the following errors. checking /share/tuxbox/satellites.xml........[warning] and
checking var/tuxbox/config/enigma/lamedb.......... [error]
forget that i have just changed setting in firmware to enigma 2 ver 4 and seems ok. Will not edit incase some else has same trouble.

next question i have is it seems i can change channel numbers which would be usefull for sly uk. can i change al the sly uk numbers to the same as sly uk so that i can change channel by just putting the numbers in using remote ie 101 for bbc1.
If i was to do this would i have to also go through every other sat channel to make sure there was not 2 channels on the same number thanks.