PDA

View Full Version : "£££££" could be yours for help !

Blu-ray
20-09-10, 18:55
Due to ill health and the stress of setting up my VU+DUO has got to much for me, so if there is any member in the Dereham/Norfolk area has the time to help me set-up my VU+DUO please contact me by PM on the forum. I am willing to pay for your time and expenses.Thankx Blu-ray.

Sicilian
20-09-10, 18:56
Due to ill health and the stress of setting up my VU+DUO has got to much for me, so if there is any member in the Dereham/Norfolk area has the time to help me set-up my VU+DUO please contact me by PM on the forum. I am willing to pay for your time and expenses.Thankx Blu-ray.

Save your money and use the forum!

What issues are you having?

kegrka
20-09-10, 19:02
Blu ray
it may help if you also say what you are going to do with ur Vu,remember board rules , but for normal veiwing its really simple. what probs have u got , image loading, motorising .wireless etc have you used a linux based box before like Sicillian says save ur pennies

Blu-ray
20-09-10, 19:13
Hi, not used linux box before, mostly down loading from pc to VU+DUO, suffered a mild hart attack so got to keep stress levels down, i would rather pay and no stress.

pooface
20-09-10, 19:37
Hopefully you might find some kind person who is willing to help you out just for the kind-hearted gesture... Sorry to hear your bad health, and wish you best of luck getting better :)

SLOTH
20-09-10, 19:39
mate ...you,ll get all the help you need from here ...forum is highly recommended :D
Sloth :p

paul362
21-09-10, 08:07
I would sort it for you if you a lot nearer to surrey ! but im sure some kind soul will help out and for free (@ least i hope so).

Likvid
21-09-10, 11:57
I can help you for free, i have PM you.

Sicilian
21-09-10, 12:47
I can help you for free, i have PM you.

Livkid, your in Sweden, the OP is in Norfolk Uk.

Blu-ray
21-09-10, 13:14
Hi, Is there anybody in the UK who can Telenet what i need !. Thanx

Sicilian
21-09-10, 13:46
Blu-Ray, please post the issues you are having and we will get you sorted. If your not sure about posting your issues in the public domain, please send me a pm.

sonc
21-09-10, 14:07
Hi Blu-ray,

I have sent you a PM for more info. I'm sure between us, the forum members can get you set-up.

Cheers.

canthackit
21-09-10, 15:27
@ Blu-ray

you've got to bite the bullet mate and tell us your setup and tell us the problems your having, believe me you wont tell us anything we havn't heard before.

you'll get the best help around from the guy's including me, and gals if there's any.

i'm sorry mate but i just cannot see your reluctance to explain your setup, you've posted here so its' a start.

right!!! so now take a deep breath and tell us.

i'll make you a deal you tell us what problems your having and if we cant sort it out i'll drive up from London and do it for you, hows' that sound.

your pal: canthackit (who cant do smilies)

Blu-ray
21-09-10, 15:43
Hi,Have motorized setup PLI image tuner A & B on 28.2e only fta channells ok, pooface member has been helping me using DBedit to download bouquets,now i have gone back to green screens again, it seem every time i try to download somthing goes wrong.

tomthebomb1968
21-09-10, 16:08
Blu-ray what exactly do you need help with? If it is just setting up your box with settings etc and not actually hands on stuff then I can help you no problem. And no payment required.

Ive set a couple of friends up remotely. All you need is to download teamviewer (google it) and download and install it. Its a remote desktop program and is superb.

Only problem is I have no broadband at the minute, Im changing over ISP and dont go live till Thursday, Im using a vodafone usb dongle here now but dont think te connection may be quick enough for smooth running of teamviewer.

Likvid
21-09-10, 16:57
Livkid, your in Sweden, the OP is in Norfolk Uk.

Yes and i can do it remotely.

I just need shell access.

canthackit
22-09-10, 16:51
it's all gone quiet over here :D

Likvid
22-09-10, 16:53
it's all gone quiet over here :D

Yeah, i have haxx0red him.

Blu-ray
22-09-10, 19:35
Not dead yet, kind member pooface has helped me load bouquets on to my vu+ all working ok no green screens, waiting for next lesson down loading Catseyes E2 & picons just like to say a big THANX to all members who offered there help for free, maybe a Donation to the forum will keep you going.

grtmoby
22-09-10, 22:01
to load the picons the best way is to get a usb flash memory.

create a folder on it and name it picon (without S) unless you are using ViX image then it wouldn't matter. after creating the folder, put all the images you got into it, restart the box and u r good to go.

HTH

Blu-ray
22-09-10, 22:35
Where do i find the latest up to date picons,

sonc
22-09-10, 22:46
Hi Blu-ray,
further down the forum homepage there is a picon section, under general satellite

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay...Picons (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?35-Picons)

Blu-ray
22-09-10, 23:03
Can i put picons on a usb stick or do i have to use ftp, if so how.

Past2Present
22-09-10, 23:20
Yes you can put them on a stick, just make a map an call it picon, there you put all the picons in.

stone999
22-09-10, 23:33
wish you best of luck getting better

Blu-ray
23-09-10, 18:34
Hi, Do you meen make a folder and name it picon,then do you switch of box insert usb stick switch back on and when finished take out usb stick swith off then back on again.

grtmoby
23-09-10, 18:42
yes a make a folder called picon
isert the usb at the back of the box
leave the usb and restart the box
usb must stay there all the time

Blu-ray
23-09-10, 19:01
Are they not put in folders on the VU+ like bouquets.

grtmoby
23-09-10, 19:03
no not at all
all picons (images) goes together in the folder picon (the one u created on the usb)

Blu-ray
23-09-10, 19:18
Has the box got to be on or off before putting the usb stick in.

grtmoby
23-09-10, 19:20
no difference

Past2Present
23-09-10, 19:20
doesn`t matter

Blu-ray
23-09-10, 19:29
I only have a 8gb cruzer tianium, what other cheap usb sticks works on the VU+, and do ineed a 1/2/4gb to leave in the back.

grtmoby
23-09-10, 19:30
well 1 gb is more than enough

grtmoby
23-09-10, 19:32
well 1 gb is more than enough

all should work on the duo, just make sure it doesn't have any auto start programs on it. if it does when u buy it, then just format on ur pc later when at home ;)

Past2Present
23-09-10, 19:33
The size of the stick doesn`t matter when it only concerns the picons, most sticks will work on the box

Blu-ray
24-09-10, 10:36
Still on the issue of picons can i download picons from my PLI image and put the picons from the usb stick in the PLI picon folder instead of leaving usb stick in back of VU+.

Past2Present
24-09-10, 10:54
Yes you can put the picons also in the flash of the image, no problem.

Blu-ray
24-09-10, 11:01
Can you give me ABC instructions on how.

Past2Present
24-09-10, 11:05
Do you already have the picons you want to use?

Blu-ray
24-09-10, 11:23
Yes latest from the forum.

Past2Present
24-09-10, 11:50
You know how to connect to the box with dcc or any other program?
1 Put all the single picons in a map called picon
2 Transfer this map with ftp to / on the box, this is the standard screen you will see when you use ftp in dcc (dreambox control center)
3 Then you will see the map, called picon in the left screen, rightclick with your mouse on it and choose atribute and choose 755

That`s all

Blu-ray
24-09-10, 13:38
Before i go ahead why has Grtmoby said i must leave usb stick in back of VU+ and not as you have described,is it because of the picon addon from the PLI image now has a folder to go in.

Past2Present
24-09-10, 13:49
When you put picons on the usb stick, then the stick must always be in the box to view them on the screen.
When you put the picons in the flash, then they will be in the image itself and then you can remove the usb stick.
But there is not a lot off space in the flash, that`s why most people put it on a usb stick.

grtz.

Blu-ray
24-09-10, 13:54
OK thanx a lot clearer now.