PDA

View Full Version : Add extra sat to my VU+

al2813
29-12-12, 16:16
Hello and apologise in advance if I'm asking a daft question ;)
I have a brand new V+ Solo which was configured by my sat technician with a custom image (VTI 4.2). The image provided includes very useful settings which I do not want to lose (customized favourites etc.). However, he made a mistake and configured on my tuner only 2 ports (I have a switch with 4 ports and 3 connected LNBs). As a result I have only 2 sats (Hotbird 13.0 and Astra 19.2) configured. I miss the third sat (Astra 28.2). when entering the tuner configuration I can only choose these 2 sats. The Satellites.xml file in the etc/tuxbox directory has indeed only these 2 sats. I tried to follow the instructions in this forum and created a xml file which I uploaded to the etc/enigma2 directory but nothing changed. I also tried to add the satellite using Dreamset editor but again without success.

How can I add the extra satellite? I would like to avoid breaking the installation so am seeking advice before I "play" any further. I am still new to this. Never had a sat installation before so quite clueless and afraid to play around which is what I would have done in a normal case.....

Thanks for the precious advice!

abu baniaz
29-12-12, 17:09
Extract this attachment and transfer to the the location you mentioned and then reboot. You should be able to change your configuration then.

al2813
29-12-12, 17:44
I transfer it to etc/tuxbox?

abu baniaz
29-12-12, 18:04
Yes

al2813
29-12-12, 19:24
Thanks. This indeed works. Now need to rescan which will lose me my favourites. I guess I will need to rebuild those?

Rob van der Does
29-12-12, 19:30
Not if you use PLi or ViX: then the file should go to etc/enigma2
A file in etc/tuxbox will be overwritten on the next image update.

al2813
29-12-12, 20:24
I use VTI. For that one the file had to go indeed to etc/tuxbox.

abu baniaz
29-12-12, 20:39
Not if you use PLi or ViX: then the file should go to etc/enigma2
A file in etc/tuxbox will be overwritten on the next image update.

I don't have the file on my Twin running 539 in that location. Should I copy it over?

Rob van der Does
29-12-12, 21:01
I don't have the file on my Twin running 539 in that location. Should I copy it over?
Yes .