PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Image Back up

garyblas
29-12-12, 13:56
Ive recently upgraded to version 521 of vix, but when i try to do image backup it locks up at 20% and odes not show button for continue in background as usual.
Is this a bug on this level?

Rob van der Does
29-12-12, 13:58
Nope, this is intended: you have to be patient, as it takes some time to create an image.

BTW: You're on a fairly old build........

garyblas
29-12-12, 14:11
Nope, this is intended: you have to be patient, as it takes some time to create an image.

BTW: You're on a fairly old build........

I only upgraded prior to xmas and this was the one showing stable. why which version should i use?
And why no contimue in background. It does appear to lock up.

garyblas
29-12-12, 14:21
OK in process of doing software update. but noticed it said not enough space for back up. I assume backup is not saving to my hdd. Where do i change this?

punisher
29-12-12, 14:37
If you go to Image Backup and press menu button and i think you can change there

garyblas
29-12-12, 14:38
OK in process of doing software update. but noticed it said not enough space for back up. I assume backup is not saving to my hdd. Where do i change this?

OK done thanks. now on v 539.

I cant find the power manager menu , has this been removed?

Rob van der Does
29-12-12, 14:39
I only upgraded prior to xmas and this was the one showing stable. why which version should i use?
If you run an update now, you'll be on 539

And why no contimue in background.
We disabled that option as it is asking for trouble. Why not run it at a fixed time, at night or so?

It does appear to lock up.
It doesn't: you must allow it some time.

Backupmanager --> Menu

garyblas
29-12-12, 14:43
Has power manager been removed also?

Rob van der Does
29-12-12, 14:46
Powermanager has been superseded by the more advanced PowerTimers (Menu --> Timers).

Larry-G
29-12-12, 14:49
The blue continue in background button was removed from the backup screens because this is a time when your box is using a lot of system resources and if your playing about with other things you can cause problems, it's best to just leave it to do it's thing and go make a cuppa or something.

as for the power manager thats now part of the power timers section which has been extensively rewritten to add among other things more functionality.