PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of upgrading to Ultimo

george66
28-12-12, 18:33
Hi All,
Have had a brilliant year using my Duo, but, for the last week or so have seriously been thinking of upgrading to the Ultimo with a 3rd Tuner, that was until I just discovered this Twin Tuner Module (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/VU-Plus-Uno-Ultimo-Plug-and-Play-DVB-S-S2-Dual-Twin-Tuner-Module?filter_name=Twin%20Tuner%20Module&page=3)

Does anyone recommend getting this tuner over the single 3rd tuner, for the sake of the extra £30 it seems it could be worth it. A quad tuner setup would be very handy for me
Also does anyone know when the sponsors will be getting stock of the Ultimo, will be a few weeks before I would be ordering.

Thanks

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 20:35
...... A quad tuner setup would be very handy for me....
Well then, that's answering your own question :p

Stanman
28-12-12, 20:41
Buy the Ultimo with the twin tuner, can never have enough tuners:thumbsup:

Dell_XPS
28-12-12, 23:22
Is the twin tuner not just for the Uno and Ultimo models m8 ?, don't think it will fit in a Vu+ Duo ???
Ultimo is a great receiver :-)

Oops forget my post, I read it wrong, soz m8, yeah go for the dual tuner so you have a quad setup :-)

george66
28-12-12, 23:27
Is the twin tuner not just for the Uno and Ultimo models m8 ?, don't think it will fit in a Vu+ Duo ???
Ultimo is a great receiver :-)

Oops forget my post, I read it wrong, soz m8, yeah go for the dual tuner so you have a quad setup :-)

I must admit I could've worded the question better, but I did mean the dual tuner for the Ultimo, as opposed to the single third tuner

warajoker
29-12-12, 08:48
with the dual tuner you could have a quad box which would be fantastic as the ultimo is a very good box.but you could look at the gigablue quad as plug and play tuner modules will become availble for that also within the next few months. its also alot faster.
I must admit I could've worded the question better, but I did mean the dual tuner for the Ultimo, as opposed to the single third tuner

Rob van der Does
29-12-12, 08:53
yes the ultimo has 3 plug and play slots. so you could have 6 tuners. if you need that many then go for it. either way its a very good box with the 6 tuners or not
Nope: only the third slot accepts the dual-tuner.
Of course you can add USB-tuners as well.

warajoker
29-12-12, 09:07
ok thanks for correcting me.

scrupples
29-12-12, 11:46
It would be awesome to have an ultimo and a dual tuner making it a quad, if only it would work!!

george66
29-12-12, 12:43
It would be awesome to have an ultimo and a dual tuner making it a quad, if only it would work!!

I did read your post straight after making this one, hopefully you'll get it sorted and I'll know whether to go the same route, if it doesn't work out properly with the dual tuner, I could still get the Ultimo with the 3rd single tuner and keep the Duo, giving me 5 tuners in total :)

Rob van der Does
29-12-12, 12:57
I did read your post straight after making this one, hopefully you'll get it sorted and I'll know whether to go the same route, if it doesn't work out properly with the dual tuner, I could still get the Ultimo with the 3rd single tuner and keep the Duo, giving me 5 tuners in total :)
I have an Ultimo's with dual-tuner working for quite some time already.

scrupples
29-12-12, 14:18
I have an Ultimo's with dual-tuner working for quite some time already.

maybe mines faulty then? did you see my post below? and the problem I have?

Rob van der Does
29-12-12, 14:36
did you see my post below? and the problem I have?
Yes, I did.

Larry-G
29-12-12, 14:53
can never have enough tuners:thumbsup:

could not agree more with that, even with the 3 tuners as in my ultimo i frequently run into scheduling conflicts. ( good job i have multiple receivers setup to take up the slack LOL )

scrupples
29-12-12, 16:48
Yes, I did.

ok no problems, I just assumed that anyone with the same setup and whether they have it working or not would have given some input, out of politeness if nothing else.

As you have the same setup, maybe you will answer these questions so I can try to get mine working, or determine if it needs returning to world of sat as faulty.

What version image are you using?
did you just turn off, unplug, take off cover, plugin new tuner, replace cover, plug in, turn on and all work without you having to change any settings?
did you have to update anything to make it work?

thank you for taking the time out to answer these questions.

regards
scrupples

Sicilian
29-12-12, 17:17
ok no problems, I just assumed that anyone with the same setup and whether they have it working or not would have given some input, out of politeness if nothing else.

As you have the same setup, maybe you will answer these questions so I can try to get mine working, or determine if it needs returning to world of sat as faulty.

What version image are you using?
did you just turn off, unplug, take off cover, plugin new tuner, replace cover, plug in, turn on and all work without you having to change any settings?
did you have to update anything to make it work?

thank you for taking the time out to answer these questions.

regards
scrupples

Pointless anyone replying for the sake of it if they have no answers. Please leave your questions in your thread, so keeps your issue tidy.

scrupples
29-12-12, 17:30
Pointless anyone replying for the sake of it if they have no answers. Please leave your questions in your thread, so keeps your issue tidy.
Appreciate what your saying and have replied to your other thread too. But it was not pointless to me, for someone to reply

"it works fine for me, and I did not need to do anything other than fit it"

would have been the biggest help ever :D even if thats not the answer I wanted!!

george66
06-02-13, 12:18
Ultimo finally ordered with the extra DVB-S/S2 Dual / Twin Tuner Module from the sponsors.
Hoping the postage is as fast as usual lol. Roll on tomorrow