PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] partnerbox help quad

supra59uk
28-12-12, 15:57
Hi all
Tryed this plugin partnerbox which allows you to stream your channels from another linux box, i have it working perfect streaming the quad to the xtrend but cant get it to work streaming the xtrend to the quad, it turns the xtrend over to the channel i wont to watch but there is no picture or sound on the quad any ideas

thanks Paul

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 16:01
Partnerbox is (very) obsolete: the RemoteStreamConvertor is the way to go.

supra59uk
28-12-12, 17:49
Hi rob thanks for that installed your suggestion and all working great thanks

Paul

RimaNTSS
02-02-13, 22:00
Hi! To not open new tread will ask here:
After unsuccessful try of Partnerbox plugin found out that there are several people already had the same issue and were pointed to RemoteStreamConvertor. So I installed it on GB Quad (openmips) and trying to stream some channels from DM8000 via local network. I found new line in Service searching menu and after filling FTP server (DM8000) data and pushing OK, get nothing. What could be wrong here?

Rob van der Does
02-02-13, 22:48
Which version of the plugin did you use?
Do you have AutoBouquets on the serverbox?

RimaNTSS
02-02-13, 23:11
I tried plugins from download panel. And, BTW, I have question: What is difference between 3 same plugins with "name", "name-po" and "name-src"? So, I have tried all 3. But, NO- my serverbox has no AutoBouquet plugin. Will look for one and install if not tonight than tomorrow morning.

judge
02-02-13, 23:28
What build are you currently on?
po files are available if you want to help out with translations.
src files are available if you want to help out with development.
Recent builds have these hidden by default though, you can turn them back on/off in the software update settings screen.

RimaNTSS
03-02-13, 09:14
If by build you mean this, than I have most recent build. Could you point where I can turn these po/src on/off? Can not find software update settings screen.

Rob van der Does
03-02-13, 09:38
If by build you mean this, than I have most recent build. Could you point where I can turn these po/src on/off? Can not find software update settings screen.
Hmm, what skin are you using? It seems to be a non ViX-compatible skin.
Turning them of is in pluginbrowser --> Menu

RimaNTSS
03-02-13, 09:45
I've got HD Glass16 skin.

Rob van der Does
03-02-13, 10:02
I've got HD Glass16 skin.
That's indeed not compatible with ViX, causes some problems and can't be de-installed: the skin hacks systemfiles.

The only way out is to reflash your box. As long as you use a plugin like that, we can't really help on any issue you may have

RimaNTSS
03-02-13, 10:55
OK, will re-install whole system by flashing with VIX image

RimaNTSS
03-02-13, 11:55
OK, now I have OpenVIX image, and much more questions:
- Why all the windows are out of screen? (attachment margins);
- Why I can not grab screenshots by IP/grab anymore?
- Why software update is not possible? Writes that background update check is going on, and that is forever!
- AutoBouquets plugin still does not work....
Too many questions :mad:

Larry-G
03-02-13, 12:05
OK, now I have OpenVIX image, and much more questions:

- Why all the windows are out of screen? (attachment margins);

Because you like every one else have been duped by your previous images and their skins which covered over the problem that is more commonly known as overscan. ViX do not cover this over and hide it with skins.

you best solution is to TURN OFF overscan on your TV as with it turned on you are loosing a large part of the visible picture on all modes of your TV not just with the STB. if for some unknown reason you cant disable overscan you can manually re-position the OSD from within the image but i would consider this as a last resort solution only when disabling overscan is not possible.

- Why I can not grab screenshots by IP/grab anymore?

No idea but it worked perfectly well for me a few days ago last time i tried it ( are you sure you have the correct IP address ??

- Why software update is not possible? Writes that background update check is going on, and that is forever!

Which build are you currently on ??

- AutoBouquets plugin still does not work....

unfortunately your being far too cryptic, in which way is it not working. please bear in mind that we dont possess magical psychic powers.

Too many questions :mad:

No such thing as too many questions, without questions how are you going to get the answers ??.

RimaNTSS
03-02-13, 12:27
are you sure you have the correct IP address ??

Which build are you currently on ??

unfortunately your being far too cryptic, in which way is it not working. please bear in mind that we dont possess magical psychic powers.

I am pretty sure about box IP, otherwise how could I see webinterface by typing IP? And if there is some setup window than it grabs perfectly but without bacround picture.
I took image from here _http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22541-New-Gigablue-Quad-ViX-OE3-0-Release
Or should be downloading from somewhere else?
Sorry, instead RemoteStreamConvertor I said AutoBouquets.... RemoteStreamConvertor is not working same way it was not working on openmips image, perhaps because I still can not manage to install AutoBouquets on serverbox (can not find one suitable for image there).

Could you advice than where should I take latest build VIX image and best skin for it?
But, while playing with images, skins and plugins I forgot to ask my main questions:
- How to get videobitrate measurements work?
- How to get Snr to show some dB and proper % of signals?

Add: On my DM8000 now I have original image with HD Glass16 skin. And it easily uses GB Quad as a partnerbox. And I do not have any issues with that skin.

Rob van der Does
03-02-13, 17:10
But, while playing with images, skins and plugins I forgot to ask my main questions:
- How to get videobitrate measurements work?
- How to get Snr to show some dB and proper % of signals?
If that are your main questions, you must be a happy man :thumbsup:

Add: On my DM8000 now I have original image with HD Glass16 skin. And it easily uses GB Quad as a partnerbox. And I do not have any issues with that skin.
Yeah, that skin is meant for OI's. But it is not compatible with any PLi-based images, as it hacks system files.