PDA

View Full Version : Error message when trying to reinstall imdb plugin

deckymckeown
28-12-12, 13:54
When I try to reinstall imdb plugin I keep getting an error message

* opkg_install_pkg: Failed to download enigma2-plugin-extension-imdb. Perhaps you need to run 'opkg update'?

I'm using the latest vix image and I have allow unstable plugins to be downloaded from the menu turned to on.

When I try a software update of the image from the menu I keep getting an error message on that as well "a background update check is in progess please wait a few minutes and try again" I try this continually but keep getting the same message

How do I run 'opkg update' as stated in the error log when I'm trying to download the plugin?

judge
28-12-12, 14:00
Telnet into the box & run 'opkg update'

IMDB is integrated into the image, nothing to install.

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 14:08
IMDB is integrated into the image, nothing to install.
It can be removed via the pluginbrowser.
Unfortunately the box doesn't tell you 'don't, this is an integrated plugin'. And indeed: this leads to problems. Best reboot the box and try again.

deckymckeown
28-12-12, 14:17
Cheers to you both, I will give it a try...

deckymckeown
28-12-12, 14:33
Unfortunately when I try the opkg update command in telnet I get 4 error messages .... " failed to download http://enigma2.world-of-satellite..."

A new reflash of the image is looking more like my only option here! Any other ideas before I do that?

deckymckeown
28-12-12, 15:44
Ok so I've reinstalled the latest vix image and am now getting download failed on imdb plugin

deckymckeown
31-12-12, 14:15
Just thought id update this post..... the only way i could get imdb to work properly again was a full re-install of the latets VIX image, (without restoring settings). Then software update from the menu.

All working fine now, - no more "download failed" messages in the plug in