PDA

View Full Version : ViX image causing crashes

fesoj
20-09-10, 13:50
just opened the box about an hour or two ago and my first impression versus the dreambox is well how shall i put it .... hmmmm

i installed the VIX image immediately as has been suggested and truly without any problems whatsoever but from then on i had at least 10 to 15 crashes trying to get to grips with this box. infact i decided to reflash the box with same image for now!!

to be continued ...

PS i own an 8000 and a 500HD

grtmoby
20-09-10, 13:53
congrats for the box m8

what makes the box crash, what were u tryin to do

it is very useful that tell us about it

Sicilian
20-09-10, 13:55
just opened the box about an hour or two ago and my first impression versus the dreambox is well how shall i put it .... hmmmm

i installed the VIX image immediately as has been suggested and truly without any problems whatsoever but from then on i had at least 10 to 15 crashes trying to get to grips with this box. infact i decided to reflash the box with same image for now!!

to be continued ...

PS i own an 8000 and a 500HD

10 to 15 crashes LOL! I seriously suggest that you check what you are doing, I've prob only had 2 or 3 in all the beta testing I've been doing. Also start another thread in the appropriate section with regards to any issues you have.

amires
20-09-10, 13:58
By any chance have you changed the default skin? Because doing so can cause lots of crashes.

pooface
20-09-10, 14:21
By any chance have you changed the default skin? Because doing so can cause lots of crashes.

I agree that this is likely what has caused the problems...

BTW, in the next release, there will be some skins available to download for choice ;)

koyote_0942
20-09-10, 14:44
know a date for the next release¿?

Sicilian
20-09-10, 15:37
know a date for the next release¿?

It will be released when its ready. :)

We cant say no more than that. Please be patient, remember we're just enthusiasts like all the other members here and do not get anything in return from VU+!

bassethound
20-09-10, 15:55
It will be released when its ready. :)

We cant say no more than that. Please be patient, remember we're just enthusiasts like all the other members here and do not get anything in return from VU+!

If its any thing like the first release it will be worth the wait im sure!

fesoj
20-09-10, 17:07
hi all

thanks for your replies and sorry for my dramatic entry

not sure if i was doing everything right here ...

i reflashed the box again but forgot to remove the network cable ... could it be the reason for 2nd flash crashes??

i remembered reading that i have to remove the cable b4 flashing with usb

anyway now i flashed it again with the VTI image (without cable) and seems more stable

will let u know how it goes

Stanman
20-09-10, 19:25
Network cable should not cause the crashes. I flashed mine with cable in and have done dozen of times without any problems. I am a noob at this and flashed with VIX and no problems whatsoever, (touch wood) but I have not had a single crash.