PDA

View Full Version : new double tuner problem

scrupples
28-12-12, 13:27
my new double tuner has just arrived :) thanks wos!! I have installed it in the 3rd hole as instructed, but that then stops my hdmi port working, if I take it out it all works again. I have tried one of the single tuners in the third hole and that works fine. If I put the single tuners in hole one and three, and the double tuner in hole two, all works other than the double tuner is not recognized in the set up, which is as expected.

Any ideas please? oh and I have just done the latest update....

andyblac
28-12-12, 17:01
Try update the FPGA using the firmware plugin. Long blue press

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scrupples
28-12-12, 18:27
connected through scart, and done that just now mate and still the same. Looked under tuner config and it does show there as 2 extra tuners. But no HDMI.

scrupples
28-12-12, 19:04
just done a fresh install with the latest image, with fresh settings and still the same :(

george66
28-12-12, 19:25
I don't have an Ultimo, I have a Duo, but sometimes when I unplug my HDMI and plug it back in, it doesn't always snap back in fully, I have to give it an extra push. Have had this 2 or 3 times over the last year, may be worth a check. But no doubt that was the 1st thing that was tried

scrupples
28-12-12, 19:35
hi mate, hdmi not been taken out, but yeh made sure its in properly :)

scrupples
28-12-12, 19:44
right just noticed that with the cable in, the tv says no signal, with the cable out it says nothing connected, so it knows its there just not getting a signal. the cable and everything is fine cause it all works if I unplug the new dual tuner.

tried a couple of images now all the same, including latest vu+ one from their own website.

Sicilian
29-12-12, 17:14
Something not right, either the tuner or your Ultimo. Maybe contact WoS to return your tuner for testing. If it tests ok, then you may have an issue with your Ultimo.

scrupples
29-12-12, 17:27
cheers mate much appreciated, will speak to wos when they open wednesday. Saves me keep trying different things.

Sicilian
29-12-12, 17:34
cheers mate much appreciated, will speak to wos when they open wednesday. Saves me keep trying different things.#

You can drop them an email here http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact

Rob van der Does
29-12-12, 18:34
It works fine for me, and I did not need to do anything other than fit it (and to configure the 4th tuner of course).

scrupples
29-12-12, 18:58
It works fine for me, and I did not need to do anything other than fit it (and to configure the 4th tuner of course).

thanks mate, much appreciated, suppose that confirms something must be faulty :(

Sicilian
29-12-12, 19:03
thanks mate, much appreciated, suppose that confirms something must be faulty :(

Not necessarily, might be an issue with your Ultimo. The tuner will need testing on another Ultimo.

scrupples
29-12-12, 21:08
Not necessarily, might be an issue with your Ultimo. The tuner will need testing on another Ultimo.

I meant either the tuner or ultimo :)

I`m thinking more towards the tuner though cause the single tuner works fine in that slot. Thats why I thought maybe something had to be updated for the new dual tuner to work. Just dont understand why it would disable the HDMI, thats why I thought maybe a driver thing, but that was ruled out by Rob Van Der Does saying he did not need to update anything, Unless you guys are trying out new drivers or something before they are released, like you have been testing the tuners for a while, and that has some effect on it working? but I also expect that not to be the case, cause the tuner would not be released to the public with out the correct software to use it.

Sicilian
30-12-12, 07:26
Have you tried fitting the tuner/tuners with no feeds connected to the tuners then powering on? You may have a short in the LNB/FEEDS.

scrupples
30-12-12, 12:04
when I first tried it, I left the 2 single tuners in and connected, and just inserted the dual with no lnb`s attached and plugged in and powered back on.

Will unplug all lnb`s and try again just on the off chance. Cheers for the suggestion :)

scrupples
31-12-12, 10:54
found the problem!!

will email and see if sponsor wants me to use a sharp blade to try and separate it, or just return.....

paul362
31-12-12, 11:40
I wouldn't use a sharp knife !! solder sucker or some clean copper Brade (that's if its not meant to be like that of course.)

If that is the problem then it is a nice simple job to fix it :thumbsup:

scrupples
31-12-12, 12:04
I wouldn't use a sharp knife !! solder sucker or some clean copper Brade (that's if its not meant to be like that of course.)

If that is the problem then it is a nice simple job to fix it :thumbsup:

hi mate, got a reply asking me to send it back so they can send a replacement :)

paul362
31-12-12, 14:20
hi mate, got a reply asking me to send it back so they can send a replacement :)

Nice 1 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

scrupples
09-02-13, 20:01
replacement received (1st replacement went missing in post) fitted and working perfectly :)