PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] Spining VIX on Solo and DUO on VIX 3.0 Build 519

dfdream
28-12-12, 10:37
I seem to have an issue since the last update I did to VIX 3.0 Build 519.

For no reason I see the spinning VIX intermittently. Ive tried to see if anything is running at the time of the errors but on the solo I cant click anything to check it.
Its happened several times since the update and has only corrected itself once, I had to power cycle box most of time..

On the Duo I can see on blue button that autotimer and softcam check are running. Are these to blame for the issues.

They were not an issue in older versions.

I also get GUI reboots fairly regularly too.

Another issue I have seen is when I playback some recordings or press REW or FF the sound goes. I have to switch to another recording and back again to correct it.

Her indoors has commented on the increase of issues in DUO and SOLO in recent weeks and I have to agree.

I have updated the SOLO to latest build and see how it goes...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 11:10
Not sure what the issue is that you encounter: maybe the debuglogs can tell that. Anyway, I would update the image (online update).

Regarding the sound issue: where are the recordings stored?

Dave-H
28-12-12, 11:24
I get the ViX spinner appearing intermittently on my Gigablue 800 SE, not sure what build it started happening on (but think it may have been around when ABM was introduced) but have reflashed/done online updates and currently on 539 and still get it.

Sicilian
29-12-12, 18:20
I get the ViX spinner appearing intermittently on my Gigablue 800 SE, not sure what build it started happening on (but think it may have been around when ABM was introduced) but have reflashed/done online updates and currently on 539 and still get it.

Do you have timeshift enabled? What plugins do you have installed?

dfdream
31-12-12, 19:51
Rob I have updated to latest online update and will see how it goes.
I have noticed one other thing, with the season thats in it Im watching loads of recordings but find that some start with either frozen screen with sound or video OK and no sound. Skippng or resstarting the recording doesnt sort it.
Its sorted by starting playback on another recording and going back to the original and then playback is fine...

Dave-H
01-01-13, 00:08
Do you have timeshift enabled? What plugins do you have installed?

No time shift enabled, no extra plugins installed just what's included in image, and I've uninstalled ABM as have no use for it.

scwheeler
01-01-13, 17:12
Same here guys - updating now to 544 but happens on 539 and on the last 1 or 2 builds.

Duo - no extra plugins, timeshift enabled (was enabled on previous builds without this issue). Full re-flash on last build and will be on this one.

shadows
02-01-13, 15:31
same here spinning vix everytime i change a channel

Trial
02-01-13, 15:56
Hi,
when spinner comes up every time you change channel perhaps picon are on HDD? I have the impression that HBBTV detection sometimes causes a spinner.

ciao

shadows
02-01-13, 16:01
Hi,
when spinner comes up every time you change channel perhaps picon are on HDD? I have the impression that HBBTV detection sometimes causes a spinner.

ciao

well they never till i updated also my picons are on usb thanks

scwheeler
02-01-13, 16:12
I think my problem is fixed. Could be the new build but I also found the following:

It turned out that did have a couple of old plugins. I thought they were default ones but since not restoring plugins after a reflash they have now gone.

Also I found that my EPG.dat was on hard drive, which it didn't used to be. I have deleted and set on USB.

Hope this helps someone, although I'm still keeping an eye on it.

shadows
02-01-13, 16:40
its not just changing channel its almost every function i do. the only way i get it back to normal is pull the plug from the wallbut if i leave on stand by tonight tomorrow it will go back to spinning vix cheers

Larry-G
02-01-13, 16:52
Guys we need more details about your setup in order to be able to help you. Vague statements such those in the above posts are of little use to us.

We want to help you but you need to help us too by providing us with detailed setup info etc.

Rob van der Does
03-01-13, 07:31
....Also I found that my EPG.dat was on hard drive, which it didn't used to be. I have deleted and set on USB.
That really makes no difference at all.

scwheeler
03-01-13, 10:38
Ahhh but it does make the epg faster :thumbsup:

While it's not a big issue for me next time it happens it I'll pull up the last few lines of log to see if it shows something.

Rob van der Does
03-01-13, 11:48
Ahhh but it does make the epg faster :thumbsup:
No, it doesn't, as the file is not even in use when Enigma is alive.

shadows
03-01-13, 12:48
cheers rob that info bar pyo seems to have done the trick

scwheeler
04-01-13, 11:16
Hi all,

I've been examining the debug logs just after the spinner occurs and wondered if it was this line was part of it?

sRef=1%3A0%3A1%3A1BF8%3A7E2%3A2%3A11A0000%3A0%3A0% 3A0%3A' ok (cheetah template)
main thread is non-idle! display spinner!

I've attached the last log where spinning occured directly before the end, about 5 mins before that, and 10 mins before that. I hope this info is of use otherwise I'll stop :) Don't laugh at me recording Harry Potter!

Rgds, Steve

Trial
04-01-13, 12:35
Hi,
you are doing a lot with the WebIF and that is not surprising when there is a spinner now and then. Autotimer is also actives some times and when you have a large EPG it also can take some time. On a first look I see nothing which is obviously wrong.

ciao

scwheeler
04-01-13, 23:36
Hi Trial,

Thanks for the reply.

I saw all the WebIF stuff too, but funny thing is that I wasn't using it (that I'm aware of!). I will keep doing some more trials :)