PDA

View Full Version : vu duo anynet+

Alankellyeire
28-12-12, 03:18
hey guys just got a new samsung ue46es6300 tv and i wall mounted it. im looking to put the vu duo out of sight maybe behind the telly but i will have no way of controling. when i pluged the vu duo into the telly it comes up in source hdmi cec vu duo. after googling it i found out it allows me to control the vu duo thru the telly but when i try to connect it comes up "anynet device is not connected. please check connection and retry." which i tried and i also unplugged/reset the two. i have googled the problem but any thing i come across is at least a few years old. im just wondering is there a fix for it, or is there another way to solve the problem.

thanks

warajoker
28-12-12, 03:28
if your are using the vix image then follow theese commands.

menu,setup.system,HDMI CEC and enable it there. please note that you will only be able to switch on/off the vu+duo and controll the volume. you will not be able to switch channels and view menus etc

Alankellyeire
02-01-13, 15:17
if your are using the vix image then follow theese commands.

menu,setup.system,HDMI CEC and enable it there. please note that you will only be able to switch on/off the vu+duo and controll the volume. you will not be able to switch channels and view menus etc

i went to where u said but couldn't find it i finally found it at menu-plugins-hdmicec and managed to get it working i can do basicly everything from the tv controller now except record and stop play etc.. but i can use the epg and stuff. its a pity i can't use the record and the pause and play buttons. is there a magic eye or something similar i can get for the vu duo??

btw
i was need to get a internal harddrive for my vu duo as i knock my external over and now it will only work with the vu duo and not my computer and its is really slow. would anyone recommend where i would get one cheap itb and the right type for the vu duo.

thanks for the help.

mickyblueys
02-01-13, 15:28
Ebuyer .......google it they sell hdd Very cheap

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Alankellyeire
02-01-13, 15:31
but what kinda harddrive am i looking for and is ebay the best place u think to get one.

thanks for the fast reply

Stanman
02-01-13, 19:45
If you want a HDD, than look no further than Scan.co.uk.

Sorry not read whole thread but if its for DUO, than any 5400RPM will do but get a 2.5

marty
02-01-13, 20:04
If you want a HDD, than look no further than Scan.co.uk.

Sorry not read whole thread but if its for DUO, than any 5400RPM will do but get a 2.5

3.5" is a good bit cheaper ;)

Stanman
02-01-13, 20:11
Its but 2.5 is slimmer and less heat generation and noise, especially were you have internal PSU.

marty
02-01-13, 20:19
Its but 2.5 is slimmer and less heat generation and noise, especially were you have internal PSU.

Slimmer won't make any differance :p but I do agree 'some' high performance 3.5" drives can be noisey (I have a pair of WD BLACKS in my PC, rapid but noisey :D ) and most 7200rpm drives can warm up a bit too.

However the newer 'GREEN' type drives arn't too bad at all, I had a WD Green in my DUO for two years and never noticed any noise and it ran fairly cool too.
I think the WD green has the performance of a 7200rpm drive but spins at a wierd speed (5700 or summut strange like that)

For £ per GB you won't beat a 3.5"

marty
02-01-13, 21:02
This might be worth a read (This is the WD Green)

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=780

I just checked my PC and the WD BLACKS are running at 32°C, in the same PC I have a pair of 2TB Seagate green drives
http://www.seagate.com/gb/en/internal-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/barracuda-green/ and they are running at 27°C and thats with a cooling fan in from of the WD BLACKS too :eek: without it I bet they would be even higher (I have no fan in front of the GREEN's), proof I think that the 'GREEN' drives do run cooler :thumbsup:

I dare say a 2.5" will run cooler again but I tink 27°C is fine :)

Alankellyeire
05-01-13, 17:46
so do i need a 3,5 sata or a 2,5 or do both fit? im just looking for the biggest size i can get for the cheapest price.
this is what confused me when i googled what size harddrive i needed some said 3,5 some said 2,5.

Alankellyeire
05-01-13, 18:22
hey guys do u think this will do the trick
"http://scan.co.uk./products/2tb-wd-wd20earx-caviar-green-quiet-sata-6gb-s-intellipower-%285900rpm%29-64mb-cache-8ms-hdd-oem"
theres wasn't many 5400rpm drives on the site

Stanman
05-01-13, 18:24
That will do your job, 3.5 can fit inside DUO no problem, IIRC for 2.5 you need some rails as there smaller than the caddy in a duo.

marty
05-01-13, 18:36
hey guys do u think this will do the trick
"http://scan.co.uk./products/2tb-wd-wd20earx-caviar-green-quiet-sata-6gb-s-intellipower-%285900rpm%29-64mb-cache-8ms-hdd-oem"
theres wasn't many 5400rpm drives on the site

I had the same but in 1GB :thumbsup: Works great in the Duo :)

Alankellyeire
15-01-13, 21:19
hey guys i got that 2tb harddrive today and stuck it in and clicked initialise a few seconds later i get this msg.

initializing storage device...
error: mke2fs 1.41.14 (22-dec-2010)
warning: unable to get device geometry for /dev/sda1/dev/sda1: memory allocation failed while setting up superblock.

any help would be greatly appreciated.
thanks