PDA

View Full Version : Any way to watch on 2 tvs.

warajoker
27-12-12, 19:45
is there any device that i can connect to another tv in the same house using the same network. so i can view the same channels upstairs as what im watching downstairs.

and would i have to watch the same program as the gigablue that would be downstairs or can i watch something else as it has 2 tuners?

like something that would work through the second tuner on the box so who ever is upstairs doesnt have to watch the same as me downstairs

Maxwell
27-12-12, 20:27
stream it to a laptop or an android tablet with hdmi output

warajoker
27-12-12, 21:26
good idea mate but i mean something kinda of like an raspberry pi where i would get the full features remote ,channel list,epg etc
stream it to a laptop or an android tablet with hdmi output

Rob van der Does
27-12-12, 21:41
good idea mate but i mean something kinda of like an raspberry pi where i would get the full features remote ,channel list,epg etc
Any (mobile) device with a webbrowser will do.

Markymark
27-12-12, 22:01
On the raspberry Pi install XMBC via OpenLEC.

You can then stream to your Pi from your box really easily. If you need help on that, get your up and running and ill guide you though what I did to get it working.

tickett
27-12-12, 22:08
Yeah- a few of us are using the Raspberry Pi with raspbmc. Works a treat for SD channels, think there's still some work to get HD channels working.

warajoker
27-12-12, 22:09
is it kinda like a second reciver once fully setup?
On the raspberry Pi install XMBC via OpenLEC.

You can then stream to your Pi from your box really easily. If you need help on that, get your up and running and ill guide you though what I did to get it working.

jrbmw
27-12-12, 22:23
you could try vlc works fine ,changes sats ,and channels

marty
28-12-12, 09:41
you could try vlc works fine ,changes sats ,and channels

Really? I cannot get VLC working on my pi, uses all the cpu :confused:

Got a guide?

warajoker
28-12-12, 09:50
thanks for the ideas

Turbo
28-12-12, 10:21
It might be possible with a Smart TV and OpenWebIf

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?18280-Would-OpenWebIF-work-on-a-TV-Browser

Markymark
28-12-12, 10:35
Well if your box is a twin tuner then it's like a second receiver. I've never used VLC on the Pi

XabiX
02-01-13, 17:51
not sure if you saw my thread. Currently I am using an Android Stick for testing and it looks promising but it's not the solution I was looking for. And I couldn't get XBMC on a TV (only Plex)

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24306-How-to-stream-your-QUAD-channels-into-an-IPTV