PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Solo2] VU Solo2 ViX Image Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Maxwell
26-12-12, 12:41
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19966&d=1348908188
Brand New VIX Image Vu+ Solo 2

25/12/2012 - OpenViX 3.0.540
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22096&d=1356424467

Merry Christmas
From VIX Team

GCC Version: 4.4.4
Vu + Kernel Version: 3.3.6
Vu+ Drivers: 20-12-2012

All Users

To all ViX users, as you all well know we've been waiting for VU+ communication and support, this is very slowly starting to improve so we've decided to give our members a special Christmas present and release a Solo2 beta image.There are still currently a few known driver issues listed below and we hope that VU+ carry on their communication and solve these issues asap.
ViX users are welcome to use the images, but please be advised that if you run into any issues we will do ourutmost to fix, but if driver related we will have to await VU's response and driver fixes.

Known bugs (all driver related):

1- Playback during recording can be problematic
2- Streaming can sometimes have issues (not all streams will play)
3- Blindscan doesn't work
4- 'Transcoding for mobile devices' is in it's beta-state and can have issues (Not tested by ViX Team to Android devices)
5- Internal loopthrough works only from tuner B to tuner A (so the feed must be connected to tuner B)
6- Power-button on front panel is very weak and not controllable
7- Playback of recorded encrypted event whilst still recording not functioning.

Features

VIX EPG
Graphics and Text mode available.
Video Playback
All EPG screens now available while watching a recording, for easy switching back to Live TV or setting timers.
Channel Selection
Support added to change font sizes and number of rows.
Support added to have a 3rd event showing (Skin Dependent)
Support added to display start time and end time for all events shown.
EPG Selection
Added help screen to all epg selection screens.
Added support to change font sizes and number of rows.
Language Selection
Added English (UK) to available languages.
Translations
Added support for English (UK).
Sorting
You may now sort Menus, Settings and Plugin Browser alphabetically.
Network Browser
Uses less memory during Scan.
Moved to new Setup Mounts screen.
Openwebif
New style webif now accessed using default port 80
Old style webif still available if required for use with certain PC signal meters and Fancontrol 2
About Screen
Added network info.
Plugins
As part of streamlining the image, removed NFS, AFP, Samba, OpenVPN, Inadyn, MiniDLNA & uShare from default image (can now be installed/de-installed through Network setup screen)
On Screen Hints
Now available as options are selected.
Instant Record
from channel list, EPG or current channel.
Enhanced Movie List Features
It is now optional to play next movie, when the a movie reaches end, setup in menu of movie selection screen.
Latest Drivers (20/12/2012).
Loads of under the hood changes made for a smoother user experience.
HBBTV available as plugin from feeds

Button Mappings

Short Red** & *** - Show current channel EPG info (ViX Single EPG).
Long Red ** & *** - Sort single EPG info when in channel list.
Short Green** & *** - Timers.
Long Green*** - AutoTimer Timers.
Short Yellow*** - EPG Search.
Long Yellow*** - Instant IMDB Database search on the current programme.
Short Blue - Extensions.
Long Blue*** - Plugins Menu.
EPG - Opens ViX EPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Left/Right** - Opens ViX QuickEPG.
Up/Down** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
TV Button** - Open Full Screen Channel List.
Long TV Button - Open Bouquets List.
** Can be changed in ViX Menu
*** Can be turned off in ViX Menu

Special Thanks

rytec - for his continued support.
Ocram for his Picon sets
All developers for their plugins used in the feeds of this image.
All of the ViX Beta team for their hours of testing and dedication on getting this image working.
Rob van der Does, belierzz, rimas, Henkka, raivo, eesatfan, Zartmy, Trial & june8 for their translation work
Huevos for his work on blindscan
Gennart1 for dvb-as102 support
Markus625 for skin ViXBMC

Note: Not all 3rd party plugins have been tested or are guaranteed to be compatable.

Requests
If anyone is interested in doing any translation work for the plugins and the image itself, please contact either Andy or Sicilian

Downloads

Beta release Here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24566-VU-SOLO-2-Vix-Team-Images)

Download site for Latest Open Vix Builds HERE (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Vu%2BSolo2/) (Beta's)

Ev0
26-12-12, 13:29
Good to see you guys are getting the issue's sorted out :)

pyrophoenix
26-12-12, 16:56
Strange...I can't flash my Solo2 :/...
I've downloaded the file, extracted into a formatted USB, unplug the mains, plug the USB and reboot...But still nothing...What did I do wrong?

Maxwell
26-12-12, 16:59
what format is the usb ?
and when you extracted the files what folder structure do you have on the usb

Godanapo
26-12-12, 17:04
This is OE1.6, right?

Thanks all support and great work VIX Team!! ;)

Rob van der Does
26-12-12, 17:10
This is OE1.6, right?
If you're referring to the ViX-Image: nope, it's ViX OE 3.0 (loosely based on PLi OE-3.0). That has nothing whatsoever to do with DM's OE 1.6 or 2.0.

Larry-G
26-12-12, 17:15
If you're referring to the ViX-Image: nope, it's ViX OE 3.0 (loosely based on PLi OE-3.0). That has nothing whatsoever to do with DM's OE 1.6 or 2.0.

I was just about to say that my self.

redribo
26-12-12, 17:33
tnx for your image!!!!!

the default skin doesnt fit right on my tv screen

Maxwell
26-12-12, 17:34
tnx for your image!!!!!

the default skin doesnt fit right on my tv screen

Turn overscan off on the TV, if you cant do that then adjust in menu>setup>system>user interface

Stanman
26-12-12, 17:34
You need to turn off overscan on your TV - please search this forum this has been answered to death;)

Godanapo
26-12-12, 19:09
Thanks @Rob :)
This is my first Vu+ stb, then I have some noob questions :p

So, to be clear for me. An example: if I want to install LCD4LINUX plugin, which we have different version for different OE versions, which one should I use? I dont know if you are familiar with that plugin :)

Another noob question... is it possible to have subtitles in media player? I'm trying here, but without success, but maybe is my fault. The subtitle is in .srt format (spanish language) for a .mkv file, with the exactly same name :)

Thanks once again!

redribo
26-12-12, 19:10
I install another skin and all fit ok on my screen.
Another problem is that i have a lot of tune failed on hotbird (i didnt have this problem with BH).

Rob van der Does
26-12-12, 19:14
I install another skin and all fit ok on my screen.
Because that skin isn't using all available space. Believe me: you should turn overscan of your TV off. If not every TV-picture displays 1.05 video-pixel: as you can imagine that is no longer HD :confused:

danivtec
26-12-12, 19:14
Is the AirPlay feature vu+ advertise for the solo 2 a plugin by them?

Larry-G
26-12-12, 19:18
skins designed for the ViX image are full HD unlike those used by other images who use a buffer to compensate for the overscan of your TV.

Read this it will explain things a little clearer what overscan is and why other teams really should not be producing skins that cover it up.

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22770-HD-101-Overscan-and-why-all-TVs-do-it&highlight=overscan+101

bobo06
26-12-12, 21:45
Just bought a box based on this news. Sweet

Godanapo
26-12-12, 23:02
And about my post? No ideas? :p

Thanks

Larry-G
26-12-12, 23:47
plugins for the ViX 3.0 image need to be in the mips32el format as for subtitles i have no idea as i have no need for them.

Trial
26-12-12, 23:52
hi,
when you try Plugins from the Dreambox scene you need OE2 versions. LCD4Linux works perfect with ViX 3.x

ciao

Gesendet von meinem GT-P1000 mit Tapatalk 2

Godanapo
27-12-12, 00:59
Thanks to both of you :)

Then I will try LCD4Linux in mips32el version ;)

Rob van der Does
27-12-12, 05:17
.. is it possible to have subtitles in media player? I'm trying here, but without success, but maybe is my fault. The subtitle is in .srt format (spanish language) for a .mkv file, with the exactly same name :)
Indeed: a .srt with the same name should be played. Does the subtitle show when using the subtitle-button?

If it doesn't work you could try the subtilte player (available from the feeds). As I understand it, that will work fine, but you'll need to learn how to use it.

Sicilian
27-12-12, 10:09
Added Solo2 tag.

pyrophoenix
27-12-12, 10:11
It is the same FAT32 that I use for my others Vu+ boxes...Strangely I got usr that get written on the USB key when I insert it to the Vu+...Something that never happened before!

Sicilian
27-12-12, 10:13
Corrected download links for new sections.

sunil2005
27-12-12, 15:11
Great image. Good quality. But why Permanent timeshift of VIX image is not working with some SD channels? Other images are OK for HD/SD channels.

Rob van der Does
27-12-12, 15:18
Great image. Good quality. But why Permanent timeshift of VIX image is not working with some SD channels?
No idea? Tell us about it: which channels? Debuglog?

sunil2005
27-12-12, 15:37
No idea? Tell us about it: which channels? Debuglog?

Thanks for the quick reply. "AMRITA, DIVINE TV, ASIANET, ASIANE PLUS" etc. channels from 9E have the problem.

Rob van der Does
27-12-12, 16:28
Thanks for the quick reply. "AMRITA, DIVINE TV, ASIANET, ASIANE PLUS" etc. channels from 9E have the problem.
You're right. No idea why this is: I'll make a bugreport for that.

saxon
27-12-12, 17:03
must admit im thinking of buying one of these now that the images are starting to roll out seems with the processing power and the right support you will able to do a lot with this box

Godanapo
27-12-12, 17:21
Thanks for the feedback Rob ;)
I'll test it later!

Best Regards ;)

redribo
27-12-12, 19:10
Guys i have problem with novasport1-novacinema1 greece and others,
These channels are not at the 12207 at hotbird,
At the first image scan all is ok,if i make second scan ,then i have problems with tune failed

redribo
27-12-12, 21:47
novasport1-novacinema are at 11823 then the receiver says 12207 and tuned failed

ferrari312
28-12-12, 03:07
noob alert..

trying to flash this with little success.

Downloaded image , extracted to usb key. from root of usb key directory I see is /vuplus/solo2/ with 6 files.

Insert USB Key into front of Solo2 switch of , switch on ... box says starting , update ... I press power button to commence update.

VFD then displays erasing/flashing , then UBIFS update ... then a countdown for reboot.

Box restarts and I am presented with a Blackhole splash screen and it gets stuck at "Starting GUI".... tried some other non blackhole backup images and same problem.

If I re-flash vanilla BlackHole-1.7.9 then system comes back with my previous settings still present ... channels, wireless password...

Clearly doing something wrong with the flash process , but what ?

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 04:28
factory reset the box before you flash the image, this will clear the box of all stored info such as channel files, network setting, tuner config etc
That can't be a solution: when flashing a box ALL flash is cleared.
Aparently something is going wrong: the box isn't being flashed at all, in spite of the text on the VFD.

ferrari312
28-12-12, 04:43
Ok - so its 03:39 lol and still fighting...

I actually tried a factory reset and when i restarted the settings for BH where still present. The giveaway was it still had my WPA2 password saved for my network , i guess this was saved on the HDD somewhere.

I disconnected the internal HD and flashed with another teams image ( sorry !!! ) this was just to test my theory and low and behold the image flashed ok.

going to reconnect HD and see what happens then bed...

ferrari312
28-12-12, 04:48
Drive reconnected and it booted into newly flashed image as expected and detected that an HDD was plugged in.

Mmmm , little confused but will come back to this tomorrow and try the ViX Image.

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 04:54
.........Clearly doing something wrong with the flash process , but what ?
According to the text on your VFD all seems to be fine.
You were not using any form of multiboot, were you?

ferrari312
28-12-12, 10:00
Multi-boot - I don't explicitly recall installing/choosing or using multi-boot in any menu or plugin.

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 11:03
Then the only suggestions I have is to download the image again, disconnect any internal and external devices, and to flash again.
If possible make a log of the flash (via RS232), that will tell all that happens.

redribo
28-12-12, 11:15
hello again,
i reinstall vix image and i get again tune failed,i dont understund what happening.
11823 H HOTBIRD there is novacinema1-novasport1,at the first searching all is ok
then i get these channels on 12207 and i have tune failed,
what is going wrong?
any ideas?

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 11:44
i reinstall vix image and i get again tune failed,i dont understund what happening.
11823 H HOTBIRD there is novacinema1-novasport1,at the first searching all is ok
then i get these channels on 12207 and i have tune failed,
what is going wrong?
Just tested on several of my boxes: novacinema1 and novasport1 are both fine on 11823. Did you do a manual search with the correct settings (11823- Hor-27500-3/4-QPSK)?

redribo
28-12-12, 11:55
i put at etc/tubox the latest sattelites.xml of reinhard and after automatic scan of hotbird i take these channels at 12207 , i had dreambox about 15 years ,i know how working enigma2.

its very strange problem,i have conect the lnb cable at tuner A and i have simple a/b/c/d diseqc configuration.

i have a manual favorites list of netmed provider,maybe this is a problem?

redribo
28-12-12, 12:23
With manual scan all is ok,but why the automatic scan are not working with these channels?

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 12:32
i put at etc/tubox the latest sattelites.xml ......
Then you do it wrong: the file in etc/tuxbox is a systemfile and will be overwritten. The user file goes to etc/enigma2

There are how-to's about this on our forum.

Ev0
28-12-12, 12:39
noob alert..

trying to flash this with little success.

Downloaded image , extracted to usb key. from root of usb key directory I see is /vuplus/solo2/ with 6 files.

Insert USB Key into front of Solo2 switch of , switch on ... box says starting , update ... I press power button to commence update.

VFD then displays erasing/flashing , then UBIFS update ... then a countdown for reboot.

Box restarts and I am presented with a Blackhole splash screen and it gets stuck at "Starting GUI".... tried some other non blackhole backup images and same problem.

If I re-flash vanilla BlackHole-1.7.9 then system comes back with my previous settings still present ... channels, wireless password...

Clearly doing something wrong with the flash process , but what ?

You have a backup saved on your usb stick or hdd. Just ftp into the box and transfer it to your desktop, or remove the usb stick whilst you flash the box.

musli
28-12-12, 13:12
hi m8s,

im testing my new solo2 , I wan tu run 2 emu (sbox+Cccam) at the same time, the binaries are in usr/softcam , I tried to use an script tu run both but no works...
What can i do ?
Thanks in advance

spud312r
28-12-12, 17:15
Hi Guys

Just taken delivery of my new solo2 and downloaded the new vix image thanks

Is there a guide on how to flash/install this image similiar to the vu+duo
Ie flash with firmware first, then flash/boot vix image ..

Also i have a new non formated HDD conencted, shoud i disconnect that before i start ??

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 18:07
Is there a guide on how to flash/install this image similiar to the vu+duo
It's identical to the other VU-boxes: unzip the image to an USB stick in the front, reboot the box and follow the instructions on the VFD.

musli
28-12-12, 18:49
Im testing image and works so fine ! the picture quality is really good.
but im still having the problem to run two emus at the same time, Sbox/oscam to read my card and Cccam , please need some help or idea to do it.

thanks,

musli
28-12-12, 19:22
Im testing image and works so fine ! the picture quality is really good.
but im still having the problem to run two emus at the same time, Sbox/oscam to read my card and Cccam , please need some help or idea to do it.

thanks,
ok , I did it
just run the first emu (sbox) and after run de second (Cccam) end reboot ... easy :D
anaway, thanks

Techno007
28-12-12, 19:30
Strange...I can't flash my Solo2 :/...
I've downloaded the file, extracted into a formatted USB, unplug the mains, plug the USB and reboot...But still nothing...What did I do wrong?

Did you press the power button on the unit when the receiver said too? I had the same problem until I noticed the box.

hsbajwa316
28-12-12, 20:05
Hi I am getting this error when trying to install some IPKs on my new box, I have flashed the new vix image twice now.

opkg_conf_load: Could not lock /var/lib/opkg/lock: resource temporarily unavailable. Locally via the box, I have tried to install;
-Official release solo2 drivers - by bassethound, 17-12-12 15:37
-enigma2-plugin-cams-cccam.2.3.0_1.0_mipsel

Any ideas where I am going wrong guys?

andyblac
28-12-12, 20:11
Try allowing more time after a restart To allow the online check to be performed.

Also the image uses drivers from 20.12.2012

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

redribo
28-12-12, 21:10
Then you do it wrong: the file in etc/tuxbox is a systemfile and will be overwritten. The user file goes to etc/enigma2

There are how-to's about this on our forum.

I think that you dont undertsund me,sorry for my bad english.
I said that i scan the hotbird and i dont have snr on cinema and sport1 at netmed provider because the solo2 doesnt find these channels on the right frequency and says that the channels are at 12207.
I flash with the stock vu image and then with bh 1.7.9.3 and all is ok, but with vix i have still pro lem.

spud312r
30-12-12, 13:38
Hi all

Have solo2 running sweet with oscam and ccam.
When trying to run the webgui though i get "dreambox webcontrol" and an error

Request failed for: /web-data/tpl/default/tplBouquetsAndServices.htm

Any ideas what this means .. ??

Also Vix/Image Backup dosnt show "continue in background" as on the Vix 3.0 on my Duo and seems to take ages
(sits at 20/100 for a long time)

Also can i program the "remote control" keys ??
I'd like to turn of my Denon reciever and tv from the one remote ?
Is there a guide anywhere ?

Larry-G
30-12-12, 14:06
Also Vix/Image Backup dosnt show "continue in background" as on the Vix 3.0 on my Duo and seems to take ages
(sits at 20/100 for a long time)

The option to continue in the background was removed some time ago, you really should not be doing any thing during this time any way due to the system processes involved while making a image backup.

spud312r
30-12-12, 15:05
The option to continue in the background was removed some time ago, you really should not be doing any thing during this time any way due to the system processes involved while making a image backup.

Ok

I also cant see under Vix the Power option (ie shutdown timer etc) i see on the duo image

hamumann
30-12-12, 15:25
Is it possible to use MultiQuickButton with this image? The version from the feed doesn't seem to work.
Even if I deactivate colour buttons in the Vix menu, the assigned keys in MQB are not working.

And there are many screens with references to the "info" button but the solo2 doesnt have one on the original remote. Is there another remote (or harmony profile) to use which adds info button support?

Larry-G
30-12-12, 16:02
Ok

I also cant see under Vix the Power option (ie shutdown timer etc) i see on the duo image

Those options again have been moved, there now part of the power timers section and have been extensively re coded for added functionality The fact that you cant see these changes on your Duo suggests that your using a quite old build as most of those changes were made a long time ago.

Larry-G
30-12-12, 16:03
Is it possible to use MultiQuickButton with this image? The version from the feed doesn't seem to work.
Even if I deactivate colour buttons in the Vix menu, the assigned keys in MQB are not working.

And there are many screens with references to the "info" button but the solo2 doesnt have one on the original remote. Is there another remote (or harmony profile) to use which adds info button support?

When you see references to the info button hit the EPG button, this will then open up a help screen for that section of the image.

spud312r
30-12-12, 16:04
Hi Sorry i'm using new solo2 with latest vix image..

Larry-G
30-12-12, 16:09
Hi Sorry i'm using new solo2 with latest vix image..

yes but your references to older removed / moved features on the Duo suggest that on the Duo your using or referencing a OLD image.

spud312r
30-12-12, 16:45
Ahh i'm using v3.0.204 . ill check to see if theres a leter one//

Thanks..

Larry-G
30-12-12, 17:09
Ahh i'm using v3.0.204 . ill check to see if theres a leter one//

Thanks..

at a rough guess ( i'd need to check the exact build number ) there have been some 350 builds released since then. also for note, if your intending to use a newer build after 519 it is recommended that you flash the build directly rather than using online updates, you can of course use the backup manager to backup and restore your setting etc.

spud312r
31-12-12, 00:22
wow

The link here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20199-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0-Release/page2

just shows build 294.. wheres the others..

judge
31-12-12, 00:26
wow

The link here http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?20199-New-ViX-Team-VU-Duo-OE3-0-Release/page2

just shows build 294.. wheres the others..
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/

spud312r
31-12-12, 11:57
wow great stuff obviously looking in wrong section ..

Another issue concerning the Solo2 - Audio..& Dolby D

I have my solo2 connected to a dvdo vp50 graphic processor input port via hdmi and optical, i can choose on the vp50 what audio input i want to use for each device input (i have xbox/ps3/dvdplayer as other inputs).
This vp50 audi output is them connected to a denon receiver via optical so ALL the devive in puts use the 5.1 surround system.

On thge Solo2 i have the audio "down mix to stereo" set OFF in setup as i want dolby digital.

Problem i have is when i am watch a channel with DD the volume control on the Solo2 dosnt work (apart from mute), but if i switch to a non DD channel its does..
So i have to have 2 remote controls to controll the audio volume ?!
If i switch of DD on the Solo2 (set the audio "down mix to stereo" set ON) so all channels are just stereo, then the solo2 volume control is fine...

I'm not sure if its a Vix issue or VU issue ??

Any ideas ??

Rob van der Does
31-12-12, 12:23
Problem i have is when i am watch a channel with DD the volume control on the Solo2 dosnt work (apart from mute), but if i switch to a non DD channel its does..
So i have to have 2 remote controls to controll the audio volume ?!
If i switch of DD on the Solo2 (set the audio "down mix to stereo" set ON) so all channels are just stereo, then the solo2 volume control is fine...
DD is never processed by any box (unless downmix is active) so there's no possibility at all for the box to control the output. The output is simply the complete bitstream.

Regarding remotes: there are better options then using multiple. Look at my footer for examples.

spud312r
31-12-12, 12:33
Ok.. (Harmony - yes there nice :-) )

So if "down mix" is set on, then Bitstream is not used..just 2 channel stereo .. so NO DD . correct ??

But the OUTPUT Volume control on the VU, weather Bitstream or not .. surely this is controlled the same..

I understand the DD output format is not touched, thats normally handled by the end device.. but volume output control ?

Any idea if the VU remote can be programmed ??

Ev0
31-12-12, 12:50
Ok.. (Harmony - yes there nice :-) )

So if "down mix" is set on, then Bitstream is not used..just 2 channel stereo .. so NO DD . correct ??

But the OUTPUT Volume control on the VU, weather Bitstream or not .. surely this is controlled the same..

I understand the DD output format is not touched, thats normally handled by the end device.. but volume output control ?

Any idea if the VU remote can be programmed ??

If downmix is switched off, the audio is just passed through the Vu+ as raw audio, therefore it remains untouched, so you have to use your amp to control the volume.

spud312r
31-12-12, 12:56
Ahh thats what i thought , but when watching a non DD channel the volume can be controlled on the VU, even when downmix is switched off.

So its only DD thats passed straight through , and uncontrolled then .. correct ??

Just trying to think how to use a single remote lol...

(i'd like a harmony but are expensive and i have a few remotes that i should be able to use/program..)

Rob van der Does
31-12-12, 12:59
Nope: a bitstream can't be controlled. And changing the volume is controlling the stream.

Rob van der Does
31-12-12, 13:01
(i'd like a harmony but are expensive and i have a few remotes that i should be able to use/program..)
A Harmony 600 isn't expensive and does a nice job.

Ev0
Ahh thats what i thought , but when watching a non DD channel the volume can be controlled on the VU, even when downmix is switched off.

So its only DD thats passed straight through , and uncontrolled then .. correct ??

Just trying to think how to use a single remote lol...

Harmony (or similar) is the only real option to use only 1 remote, unless you turn downmix on and loose the pure dd signal.

spud312r
Thanks .. thats nailed it.. i thought controlling it was reformat/manipulating the stream contents.

So that sorted .. now i have to look at the remote situation .. lol

spud312r
31-12-12, 13:02
A Harmony 600 isn't expensive and does a nice job.

What smodel would you suggest ??

I havn't looked at them for many years now..

spud312r
31-12-12, 13:53
Sorry Harmony 600 ...

Are there Vix/Vu remote codes available then ?

Rob van der Does
31-12-12, 15:17
Difficult to advise: IMHO the 600/650/700/900 are fine, others are not.
Yes, all VU's are easy to program.

safinn
01-01-13, 01:57
Hey guys.. looking good.
Is it worth upgrading form the solo to the solo 2? If so why? The price is a little off putting.

Tkr001
01-01-13, 03:37
Depends if you want 2 tuners or not. I use solos as "satellite" units in other rooms and let my Duo do all the recording. So in my case it would be senseless to replace a Solo with a Solo2 but replacing the Duo with a Solo2 is another matter.

Rob van der Does
01-01-13, 03:43
Hey guys.. looking good.
Is it worth upgrading form the solo to the solo 2? If so why? The price is a little off putting.

Depends if you want 2 tuners or not. I use solos as "satellite" units in other rooms and let my Duo do all the recording. So in my case it would be senseless to replace a Solo with a Solo2 but replacing the Duo with a Solo2 is another matter.
Exactly! Impossible to advise others without knowing their needs & wishes.

Anyway: I think the price is fine for what you get. Much cheaper then the DUO has been, and offers much more.

safinn
01-01-13, 16:27
Ahh ok I get you. Well, as I have a motorized dish and don't require recording it would not be needed by me.
But you would get faster performance as well as better quality picture right?

Tkr001
01-01-13, 23:56
No the picture quality would probably be the same.

dutchdreamer
05-01-13, 10:15
Great Image

Movielist like OpenPLi en Suomupoeka

There is one nasty bug:

I use a NAS for recording, when you want to mount the NAS you cannot enter a name with te remote, you cannot invert caracters!

Now i edited the Mountmanager my self and it works

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<mountmanager>
<cifs>
<mount>
<active>True</active>
<hdd_replacement>True</hdd_replacement>
<ip>192.168.1.130</ip>
<sharename>NAS</sharename>
<sharedir>8000</sharedir>
<options>rw</options>
<username>SECRET</username>
<password>SECRET</password>
</mount>
</cifs>
<cifs>
<mount>
<active>True</active>
<hdd_replacement>False</hdd_replacement>
<ip>192.168.1.130</ip>
<sharename>Muziek</sharename>
<sharedir>Multimedia</sharedir>
<options>rw</options>
<username>SECRET</username>
<password>SECRET</password>
</mount>
</cifs>
</mountmanager>

Can you loke at the problem?

Thirsty
05-01-13, 13:16
Hi All, just got my solo2 but am having problems entering letter text to search in 1Channel or the webbrowser using the remote control.
Numbers work but cant enter alphabetical search terms. Coloured buttons to call up virtual keyboard etc not working either.
?????

spud312r
05-01-13, 13:41
Yep same for me, also in web-browser, but works in everything else (i have turned text on in setup)
Also 1Channel keeps crashing when trying to open a page (ie. select movies, T, page 111-xxx) sent log files in, as its temprmental, dose it on some pages not others, looks like url timout in erro code..

Thirsty
05-01-13, 14:05
Hi Spud, thanks, icefilms plugin wont allow text search either but lists all titles in a single file under each letter, so scrolling the list is quick.
Could you help me with the text in setup; which submenu did you mean ?
thanks
T

spud312r
05-01-13, 14:36
I cant find it now.. search all menu's but i was sur etheer was an option to turn text/numbers on in the user interface..

Works ok on my duo though

Rob van der Does
05-01-13, 16:58
I cant find it now.. search all menu's but i was sur etheer was an option to turn text/numbers on in the user interface..
In the Menu item R/C-code

Thirsty
05-01-13, 17:28
Hi Rob, tried this but no luck. Also tried changing code but still no change.
Thanks
T

Sicilian
05-01-13, 17:34
Hi Rob, tried this but no luck. Also tried changing code but still no change.
Thanks
T

What image version are u on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thirsty
05-01-13, 22:07
Vix latest version

Thirsty
05-01-13, 22:08
double post

Del Boy
06-01-13, 01:38
I've posted about this in other areas but this seems more appropriate - apologies!

My Solo2 crashed out big time earlier and went into a loop cycle that I couldn't stop (started when I pressed the pause button, time shift is set to NAS box). I tried my image backup and then the VIX image download but despite looking like it was re-flashing the problem on reboot was still there.

In the end I had to install BH and then reflash with VIX which worked but the box feels flakey. I then copied my backup (stored on NAS) to a USB and tried to restore my settings but didn't work, I tried my backup image (stored on NAS) to a USB but didn't work. Settings only copied over when I mounted the NAS and went in through the blue button shortcut direct to the NAS and restored from there.

Any ideas why my backup image nor the original wouldn't wipe and flash completely? Would a boot-loader for solo2 fix this?

Worried that my images don't seem to be working and not sure if the backups have everything I should need?

I've sent a picture of the black screen of death log to vixlogs@ as couldn't get the log off the box - can I get them to dump to USB?

Hope feedback like this is helping to make it better! I'll keep the donations up if you can keep me sane.... Was so looking forward to a wekend with 2 new solo2's to play with and here I am 00:37 in the morning with a three year old who'll be up and 7 and another one due next week on the 10th..... Thinking matchsticks propping the eyes tomorrow... he he he or a pair of these :cool:

Rob van der Does
06-01-13, 06:22
Well, not much I can say. I flashed my Solo2 numerous times, without any problem.
Anyway: don't worry about a bootloader: first of all there isn't any available, and secondly that wouldn't make any difference at all.

Only thing is I would not timeshift to a NAS. There's a lot af data going up and down, and if one bit is being dropped you can expect problems indeed. An USB-stick would be a better alternative IMHO.

Trial
06-01-13, 08:44
Hi,
I also flashed a lot of boxes, incl. Solo2, several times and I am sure that all is overwritten. One problem though. The complete image consists for instance also of a splash screen. So if you have the original image on the stick and only copy the backup files to the same stick you will get a VIX image in flash with the original splash screen. The same if you had the original image in flash and then flash only the two files of your backup.

ciao

Del Boy
06-01-13, 14:11
Thanks guys for the response. I'm not doing permanent timeshift to NAS, was just pausing quite literally to go and get a drink but the minute I hit the pause it hit the black screen of death. Assume temporary timeshift is no different to hitting record?

RE-IMAGING WISE

My image was made using Image Backup over to NAS, then when it started to loop I downloaded my image to USB and re-flashed. The box went through updating , said it was erasing etc but the problem persisted until I flashed with BH then ran my image afterwards.

I am also having freezing with the solo2 using CCcam 2.0.11 and 2.3, however when I put my Duo with VIX 2.4 back in everything runs smooth.

I'm not a Linux Guru but I do work in IT so the principles I'm fine with and I've been playing with the Duo for nearly 12 months. I like the feel of this forum and want to build my knowledge to a level where I can contribute but at the moment the Solo2 has me stumped?

All help greatly appreciated

Eiji
08-01-13, 22:25
I'll be receiving my Solo 2 tommorow hopefully if the courier is on time. I have 2 questions:

To upgrade or install firmware from a USB stick, do I just unzip the firmware (vuplus folder) onto the root of a USB stick?

I have a 1TB 2.5" HDD currently installed in my Dreambox HD 800SE. It has many recordings and is formatted as EXT3 via TSPanel. Can I just remove this and install into the Solo 2 and it will pick up all the recordings and work as normal?

Thanks.

judge
08-01-13, 22:30
Yes, if installing ViX, grab the latest image here:
extract it to the root of your USB & flash.

An EXT3 formatted drive will be fine.

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 04:55

Euuhhh? FAT32 you mean!

judge
09-01-13, 07:46
Euuhhh? FAT32 you mean!

no, talking about the HDD, although I have no problems with EXT3/EXT4 formatted USB sticks either.

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 08:08
no, talking about the HDD, although I have no problems with EXT3/EXT4 formatted USB sticks either.
Euuhhh? Flashing from the HDD?

judge
09-01-13, 08:16
nah, me saying

was about the hdd, nothing to do with flashing.

Rob van der Does
09-01-13, 08:36
Euuhhh? FAT32 you mean!

Euuhhh? Flashing from the HDD?

nah, me saying
was about the hdd, nothing to do with flashing.
Then you lost me. You said:

judge
09-01-13, 08:40
yes I did, was answering the two questions in the post.

thatfellow
10-01-13, 05:07
Hi guys, I have used ViX with my Duo and now thankfully with the Solo2

Just a few questions...

The HBBTV plugin is not showing in the plugin extensions for me, am I doing something wrong or is it not supported yet?
Also, I came across a hbbig.com, Its a bookmark portal for HbbTV apps, will the ViX image support this in the future..

keep up the great work guys..

Rob van der Does
10-01-13, 06:07
HbbTV is available as plugin from the feeds, and hbbig.com is present as bookmark in the Opera browser.

ndesorden
11-01-13, 23:25
Hi,

ok, its not the end of the world but

take a look carrefully to this picture:

¿where are they gone? Yes, these lovely yellow folder icons & media file blue icons. I need them, i need them, i feel so good when they are right next filename...

And now... without these nice white lines... plugins are alone.... they feel so lonely... they are suffering...

With latest vix 558

Well, meanwhile vix team fix this issue i'll use my BH. Sorry.
This compilation: http://cort.as/39gM

:p

judge
11-01-13, 23:27
Lots of skin updates have happened in the last few days, thanks for reporting this.
Should be fixed soon.

andyblac
13-01-13, 16:29
MediaPlayer is no longer being maintained,, if it is still broke after update to build 561, it is likely to never be fixed, tbh i am even considering removing it from the feeds as it imo no longer needed.

ferrari312
14-01-13, 12:12
Andy - what is the alternative to media-player then ?

i use mediaplayer to playback stuff from my XBMC box using DLNA

Trial
14-01-13, 12:16
Hi,
ViX has a built in mediaplayer which should do.

ciao

mickyblueys
14-01-13, 12:16
Vix has its own in built media player.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

ferrari312
14-01-13, 12:18
oh ok :o - dumb question

is this launched from the "recordings" button then on my solo2 ?

mickyblueys
14-01-13, 12:23
Yes you open up you're recordings page, then press yellow location Button. Then navigate to your mounted drive or to you're media wherever it may be if its on your hdd. Least that's how I do it on my duo's.

ferrari312
14-01-13, 14:12
Ok will give it a try tonight.

I thought that player was dedicated to playing recorded material only - so thinking out loud i guess i should be able to browse to /media/upnp/xbmcserver and navigate the material i have.

cheers - the mediaplayer does look dated :)

ferrari312
16-01-13, 11:26
Guys,

I checked last night , maybe i should post in the main support forum.

Using the old mediaplayer i can browse my xbmc box through the DLNA directory and see my movies and play them back.

Using the "new" built in mediaplayer i can browse the DLNA directories and see the movie directories , but there is no .mu3 file or anything except a ".metadata" directory.

Rob van der Does
16-01-13, 11:31
Using the old mediaplayer i can browse my xbmc box through the DLNA directory and see my movies and play them back.
Using the "new" built in mediaplayer i can browse the DLNA directories and see the movie directories , but there is no .mu3 file or anything except a ".metadata" directory.
And if you use the DNLA-browser?

ferrari312
16-01-13, 12:20
Rob,

If that is the plugin I don't recall using it recently - will check tonight but basic DLNA functionality is working cause i can see other devices such as my anriod phone, my router, and XBMC. Will check with the browser tonight and report back.... the wife is gonna kill me touching her "new" box ( oeerr :p)

On the plugins side i am sure i have the DLNA Server, DLNA Client ( djmount ? ) and as you said DLNA Browser all running.... and i also MINIDLNA running from System/Network - I suspect I don't need all these running

Rob van der Does
16-01-13, 12:23
MiniDLNA is a server (so only required if the box is used as server).
DLNA-Browser is a client, and available from the feeds.

ferrari312
16-01-13, 12:28
Cool - does the browser allow you to see the movie files ( or at least the link to the .m3u file ) and launch them to watch ?

.. thanks for super fast reply

Rob van der Does
16-01-13, 13:14
I tested it some time ago and found it to be working.
But tbh: due to a PMO (Personal Memory Overflow, happening more frequently when ageing ...) I don't remember the details.
So please test and report back.

ferrari312
17-01-13, 00:20
I have DLNA-Browser browser installed and using it i was able to navigate and see my movie files , i could also launch and watch the movie. When i stopped the movie the dailog that appeared look very much like the old mediaplayer ... does that make sense ?

i was expecting it to use the new built in mediaplayer.

maybe some screen grabs would help ?

Rob van der Does
17-01-13, 07:56
OK, so the DNLA-browser does work fine?

ferrari312
17-01-13, 10:49
Yes, the browser works fine - no problem.

If i open the built in vix-mediaplayer it is able to browse the DLNA directories, but when it gets into a directory of a film lets say "Top Gun", nothing is displayed in the directory. If use the old mediaplayer OR the DLNA Browser i can browse to the same directory and see the media and play it.

The reason i asked the question is because someone said the old media-player would be removed , and currently the only way i can play media over DLNA is using the old mediaplayer.

mickyblueys
17-01-13, 12:43
It was Andy b who said it would removed, I'm sure

Edit: in fact post 1 this thread

andyblac
17-01-13, 21:00
Yes, the browser works fine - no problem.

If i open the built in vix-mediaplayer it is able to browse the DLNA directories, but when it gets into a directory of a film lets say "Top Gun", nothing is displayed in the directory. If use the old mediaplayer OR the DLNA Browser i can browse to the same directory and see the media and play it.

The reason i asked the question is because someone said the old media-player would be removed , and currently the only way i can play media over DLNA is using the old mediaplayer.

can you show me list of the directory.

ferrari312
17-01-13, 22:17

I have attached 4 pics.

2 from the built in player - it can navigate the DLNA directory tree but I only see folders , no material.

2 from the old mediaplayer, this is in the same DLNA directory , i am in the "Titles" directory and you can see .m3u files which I can playback.

ferrari312
18-01-13, 01:17
just to add - if i FTP to the box

i can browse to

/media/upnp/XBMC (MEDIATANK)/Video Library/Movies/Title

and in this directory i see each movie listed as an .m3u file.

Does this mean that the inbuilt player is interpreting the .m3u file incorrectly ?

Eiji
27-01-13, 07:03
So, I want to watch recordings and TV channels on my PS3 from my Solo2. On my Dreambox I was using MediaTomb. Is MiniDLNA the correct program to use in the Vix image for Solo2 for watching TV channels and recordings (.TS format)?

EDIT: Done some more reading and I take it all I need is MiniDLNA and TunerServer? There is no need for MediaTomb?

Richy-G
30-01-13, 11:45
It seems the solo 2 is reporting the wrong AGC % . It's very low on my solo 2 BBC 1 london shows at 43%. On my vu duo it shows 97%

danivtec
30-01-13, 12:04
It seems the solo 2 is reporting the wrong AGC % . It's very low on my solo 2 BBC 1 london shows at 43%. On my vu duo it shows 97%

Same issue here. I think its been reported to Vu+

thatfellow
31-01-13, 00:52
Software Updates always shows 3 Available packages for update but They never update.. Is there any way that I can get more info on this? If I click "view the changes" I get a blank screen, If I update them the Solo2 goes through the update process but I still have the 3 packages when Im finished... I am just wondering if there is a log somewhere that might help me troubleshoot this problem...

judge
31-01-13, 01:50
what build are you currently on?

Eiji
31-01-13, 02:44
I was on build 569 and updated to 589. Now when I press left or right on the circular disc button on the remote, this shows up:

http://i.imgur.com/IAaXhfE.jpg

Before, the infobar would show up and show information (episode guide) on the current program being viewed. Now it just looks ugly and episode guide is missing. Surely something is wrong.

Rob van der Does
31-01-13, 07:27
I was on build 569 and updated to 589. Now when I press left or right on the circular disc button on the remote, this shows up:

http://i.imgur.com/IAaXhfE.jpg

Before, the infobar would show up and show information (episode guide) on the current program being viewed. Now it just looks ugly and episode guide is missing. Surely something is wrong.
Naah, nothing wrong there.
1- When the new InfoBar-EPG like in you screenie shows up, you can press Info (or guide) to bring up EventView;
2- You still have the old way available: press menu when in InfoBar-EPG and select 'Single'.

thatfellow
31-01-13, 13:03
Software Updates always shows 3 Available packages for update but They never update.. Is there any way that I can get more info on this? If I click "view the changes" I get a blank screen, If I update them the Solo2 goes through the update process but I still have the 3 packages when Im finished... I am just wondering if there is a log somewhere that might help me troubleshoot this problem...

what build are you currently on?

Im on build 589. I just want to know if there is any way to find out what these 3 updates are so I can manually update them...

rassi
31-01-13, 15:36
Anyone else have weird standby, deep standby problems?
Suddenly after recording, after playback etc box can go Standby or Deep standby. HDMI CEC is Off and Powertimers are empty.

Some log

[EPGC] abort non avail schedule reading
[EPGC] abort non avail schedule other reading
[EPGC] abort non avail netmed schedule reading
[EPGC] abort non avail netmed schedule other reading
[EPGC] abort non avail FreeSat schedule_other reading
[EPGC] abort non avail viasat reading
[EPGC] nownext finished(1359641751)
[EPGC] stop caching events(1359641751)
[EPGC] next update in 60 min
eHdmiCEC: received message
eHdmiCEC: received message 83
Timeout!
[eDVBCAService] free slot 0 demux 0 for service 1:0:1:132B:41:46:E080000:0:0:0:
[eDVBCAService] free service 1:0:1:132B:41:46:E080000:0:0:0:
decoder state: play, vpid=-1, apid=-1
DEMUX_STOP - pcr - ok
DEMUX_STOP - video - ok
VIDEO_STOP - ok
AUDIO_STOP - ok
DEMUX_STOP - audio - ok
AUDIO_CONTINUE - ok
DEMUX_STOP - ttx - ok
start release channel timer
[SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'QuitMainloopScreen'>
[SKIN] Parsing embedded skin <embedded-in-'TryQuitMainloop'>
connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
]
wakeupList [(1359644380, 0, True)]
dvb time sync disabled... so set RTC now to current linux time! 2013/01/31 16:18
set wakeup time to 2013/01/31 16:55
recordTimerWakeupAuto True
[ResumePionts] saving
[XMLTVImport] autostart (1) occured at 1359641920.99
[XMLTVImport] Stop
[AutoTimer] No changes in configuration, won't parse
---- saving lame channel db
saved 140 channels and 1751 services!
release cached channel (timer timeout)
[eDVBLocalTimerHandler] remove channel 0x28ed448
[eEPGCache] remove channel 0x28ed448
stop release channel timer
[EPGC] store epg to realpath '/media/usb/epg.dat'
[EPGC] 59736 events written to /media/usb/epg.dat
thread joined 0
set RTC to previous valid time
close frontend 0
- (41) eServiceFactoryDVD
- (41) eServiceFactoryM2TS
- (41) eServiceFactoryMP3
- (41) eServiceFactoryFS
- (41) eServiceFactoryDVB
- (40) eServiceCenter
- (36) Stream server
- (35) CI Slots
- (35) CA handler
- (30) eActionMap
- (22) Hdmi CEC driver
- (21) input device driver
- (20) DVB-CI UI
- (20) UHF Modulator
- (20) RC Input layer
- (20) misc options
- (20) AVSwitch Driver
- (15) eWindowStyleManager
- (10) gRC
waiting for gRC thread shutdown
gRC thread has finished
- (9) GFBDC
- (9) gLCDDC
- (9) Font Render Class
- (8) graphics acceleration manager
- (5) Tuxtxt
- (1) Background File Eraser
reached rl -1
TuxTxt stopped service 240
cleaning up
TuxTxt cache cleared
TuxTxt cache cleared
TuxTxt cache cleared
TuxTxt: initialized
TuxTxt service started 1388
TuxTxt running thread...(1388)
TuxTxt stopped service 1388
cleaning up
TuxTxt cache cleared
TuxTxt cache cleared
TuxTxt cache cleared
TuxTxt: initialized
TuxTxt service started 240
TuxTxt running thread...(240)
TuxTxt stopped service 240
cleaning up
TuxTxt cache cleared

Tkr001
01-02-13, 00:57
Yes I have had that issue. Turned debug logs on to try and capture it next time.

Eiji
01-02-13, 01:31
What setting do I need to change so that CrossEPG downloads in the background? I thought since the Solo2 is a dual tuner box, I would be able to watch a channel while the EPG is downloaded.

Right now CrossEPG is acting the same way as it did on my single tuner DM800SE, it switches to a radio station when downloading EPG data (OpenTV Sky 28.2E).

mickyblueys
01-02-13, 01:36
As far as I'm aware you can't, if you can I'd love to find out also.

Did you sort your ps3 issue out to??

Eiji
01-02-13, 01:42
I've not messed around with getting my PS3 to connect to the Solo 2 yet.

mickyblueys
01-02-13, 01:47
I had a brief go with my duo's to ps3, but couldn't get mediatomb, to work. Never tried mini dlna to ps3. I have tried it to my daughters Dlna compliant blue-ray player though.

Stanman
01-02-13, 10:29
You can't as data is captured directly from feed and channel switches over.

You can set it up to do it when the box is not in use, mine all do it very early in the morning.

rassi
01-02-13, 12:38
Yes I have had that issue. Turned debug logs on to try and capture it next time.

Looks like this issue will go away after reboot or just wait or something. It will happen few times always after updating to newer build, then it´s gone.. No clue why.

kostikos
03-02-13, 23:06
Hello! I am using the latest vix built 589. Can you explain if and how transcoding works? I have enabled it from the plugins, I have forwarded port 8002. When I login to the webinterface, there are 2 buttons for streaming; stream from port 8001 (which does actually work) and a second button stream from port 8002. When I click on it, my tv goes black (tried streaming the same channel that I was watching and also with the receiver in stand-by) and the vlc appears to stream something, but there is no picture on vlc either. Any comments?? Thanks!

thatfellow
04-02-13, 04:24
Guys any help with this please..

Software Updates always shows 3 Available packages for update but They never update.. Is there any way that I can get more info on this? If I click "view the changes" I get a blank screen, If I update them the Solo2 goes through the update process but I still have the 3 packages when Im finished... I am just wondering if there is a log somewhere that might help me troubleshoot this problem or identify the packages that are listed to be updated...

Tkr001
04-02-13, 06:23
Suggest a reflash without restoring any settings. Also when you have a problem such as this you are best to open your own thread rather than posting in this thread which is just meant for general comments on the image. That way you are more likely to get some attention.

Trial
04-02-13, 09:28
@kostikos,
transcoding does not work with the channel you are watching. Try a different one.

@thatfellow,
connect to box with telnet and then
opkg update
opkg install enigma2-fonts --force-overwrite

ciao

andyblac
04-02-13, 13:14
and make sure you install the plugin and turn it on.

kostikos
04-02-13, 13:16
@kostikos,
transcoding does not work with the channel you are watching. Try a different one.

ciao

I tried with the decoder in stand-by.. it should work then but it doesn't..

andyblac
04-02-13, 13:20
I tried with the decoder in stand-by.. it should work then..

transcoding is ONLY for tablets, iphones, etc, irc VLC will not work at it is NOT detected as a mobile device. transcoding HAS to be mobile device. try an iPad, iPhone or andriod device, and after clicking the 2nd stream icon please allow time for transcode to start can take 30 seconds.

Trial
04-02-13, 13:25
Hi Andy,
transcoding also works on a normal PC.

download the m3u and then
1. Linux take Gnome MPlayer to play the m3u
2. Windows 7 (surprise) take the standard Windows Media Player to play the m3u, wait around 1 minute and then press play in the Media Player.
3. Android VLC is working

Of course you can change the associates for the different players to be responsible for m3u.

ciao

kostikos
04-02-13, 13:55
Not playing with a normal pc is indeed a surprise. I am using a mac but anyways.. will try

kostikos
04-02-13, 14:53
Something else. When I am in the list with all the channels, in my old dreambox if I would click 2 on the remote three times it would take in the part of the list with the channel names starting from B, etc. This does not happen here. Is there a solution?

Rob van der Does
04-02-13, 14:58
Something else. When I am in the list with all the channels, in my old dreambox if I would click 2 on the remote three times it would take in the part of the list with the channel names starting from B, etc. This does not happen here. Is there a solution?
Do you have 'text support' enabled (in the R/C code settings)?

redribo
04-02-13, 17:18
hello,
i have a problem with mgcamd,
when i do restart enigma or reboot,
then i have to restart mgcamd to make it work,
is there a solution?
i have the same problem and with openaaf but all is ok with the vti and bh

Rob van der Does
04-02-13, 17:22
hello,
is there a solution?
If you have a problem, please start a thread for it.

kostikos
04-02-13, 22:18
hello,
is there a solution?

I had the same issue. I updated to the latest vix, installed mgcamd 1.35, blue button, softcam manager, click on blue button again to enable startup. Also, open mg_cfg, scroll to the end and change the file from B: { 00 } to B: { 06 }.

It works now for me.
Regards

kostikos
04-02-13, 22:23
Spam alert.. Keep it up Vix team! Your image was crap in the first release but now it is waaaaay better than BH! Thnx!

Rob van der Does
05-02-13, 09:10
Your image was crap in the first release....
The for sure we must have missed something. We released when the image was rather mature.

Trial
05-02-13, 09:17
Hi Rob,
perhaps he meant version 1 (was there a version 1?) or 2. Version 3 was indeed very stable from the beginning.

Forget it. For Solo2 it started with 3.

ciao

kostikos
05-02-13, 09:29
I was too hursh about it! :) What I meant is that for me it I had to stick to BH. Not anymore though :)

warajoker
05-02-13, 09:46
you need to download "MediaPlayerClassic" to transcode to a pc as vlc/windows media player just sits there.

Trial
05-02-13, 11:36
Hi,

you need to download "MediaPlayerClassic" to transcode to a pc as vlc/windows media player just sits there.
The original Windows Media Player of my W7-64 Pro works. When you start streaming wait 1-2 minutes and then press play from the Media Player and now it plays the stream for me. VLC also did not work for me which is a bit curious because normally it plays everything.

ciao

andyblac
05-02-13, 13:01
well, i do not not use windows, i detest it, i am and always have been a Mac user since the late 80's

kostikos
05-02-13, 14:41
Hi,
Ia there an option to have a graphical progress bar of the running program on the default skin?

judge
05-02-13, 15:02
Hi,
Ia there an option to have a graphical progress bar of the running program on the default skin?

When you press OK once, you have a graphical progress bar or do you mean something else?

mickyblueys
05-02-13, 15:45
I think he means coloured bar showing how long a program has to run and to finish, correct me if I'm wrong, that's way I picked it up. Some Freesat and freeview boxes have these.

kostikos
05-02-13, 19:20
When you press OK once, you have a graphical progress bar or do you mean something else?

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. When I press OK I would like to have the progress bar. I don't have it out of the box.

andyblac
05-02-13, 20:20
Yes, that is exactly what I mean. When I press OK I would like to have the progress bar. I don't have it out of the box.

what skin ? on the default it does, it is the light grey bar as shown.

kostikos
05-02-13, 20:27

Ha! Indeed it is there. It was so faint that I didn't even see it. It would be nice if it could be replaced with something more obvious, but now that I know I can see it. Thnx :)

mickyblueys
05-02-13, 20:29

Never knew that was that!! Well blow me down with a feather.

RustySpoons
06-02-13, 14:01
New VU+ Solo2 beta driver out, apparently fixes recording issues. Will test today.

RustySpoons
06-02-13, 15:11
http://archive.vuplus.com/download/drivers/beta/vuplus-dvb-modules-vusolo2-3.3.6-4.4.3-20130206.tar.gz

Been testing this today, time shift working fine on FTA and etc... :)

RustySpoons
07-02-13, 13:33
Drivers now moved from beta to official.

Better pq and recording/timeshift fixed

Tkr001
07-02-13, 22:38
Will the new drivers be included in the next update?

Larry-G
07-02-13, 23:17
Will the new drivers be included in the next update?

yes of course, although you can load them manually your self too.

kostikos
10-02-13, 02:13
I was wondering something different.. Is there a way to have text scrolling on the VFD display?

Rob van der Does
10-02-13, 07:13
I was wondering something different.. Is there a way to have text scrolling on the VFD display?
There is a plugin available for that purpose, but we don't support nor supply it, as it uses a huge amount of resources.
Normally a functionality like that should be supported by the drivers; that way it can be implemented 'for free' (i.e. not resource hungry).

kostikos
10-02-13, 11:01
There is a plugin available for that purpose, but we don't support nor supply it, as it uses a huge amount of resources.
Normally a functionality like that should be supported by the drivers; that way it can be implemented 'for free' (i.e. not resource hungry).

I see. Thnx for your answer. Just for the sake of fooling around, would you mind letting me know which plugin that is?

jemiol
10-02-13, 12:01
Hello!
I need some help. I install today on my solo2 this image. Later, from my vti cam center I install Oscam 1.20-unstable-7951 and i don't find files in etc/tuxbox/config.
Do you have some solution or a ipk file?

Larry-G
10-02-13, 12:28
Hello!
I need some help. I install today on my solo2 this image. Later, from my vti cam center I install Oscam 1.20-unstable-7951 and i don't find files in etc/tuxbox/config.
Do you have some solution or a ipk file?

cams for VTI may or may not work with the ViX image. you can get ViX compatible cams from here www.openvix.co.uk although you will have to provide your own configuration files.

Rob van der Does
10-02-13, 12:52
Just for the sake of fooling around, would you mind letting me know which plugin that is?
Sorry, I use to forget things (and especially names) when I don't need them any more (aging people have a ROaFaSaP memory (stands for Read Only and Forget as Soon as Possible)). But I'm pretty sure it must have something like 'scroll' in the name.

kostikos
10-02-13, 13:15
Sorry, I use to forget things (and especially names) when I don't need them any more (aging people have a ROaFaSaP memory (stands for Read Only and Forget as Soon as Possible)). But I'm pretty sure it must have something like 'scroll' in the name.

Lol!! :P thnx!

kostikos
14-02-13, 23:37
Hi,
I have an N150 (wna1100) Netgear usb wifi doggle. Is there a way to make it work with vix??? :rolleyes:

75mak
18-02-13, 11:47
when is the next vix update likely?

Larry-G
18-02-13, 18:58
when is the next vix update likely?

There is currently no time frame for the next ViX build release as andy is working on some skin enhancments. When this phase is complete we will update the forum, until then please be patient.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

kostikos
19-02-13, 11:10
As you are working on it, I would suggest: add wifi support (it should be working out of the box..), cam support (mgcamd loads terribly slow..), improve the skin, eg when you press OK make the progress bar more obvious..

2stein
13-03-13, 10:56
is there still a limitation that you can't watch a scrambled channel while recording another (fta) channel? this used work nicely on a duo but dosn't work for me on a solo2 :confused:

2stein
13-03-13, 12:59
is there still a limitation that you can't watch a scrambled channel while recording another (fta) channel? this used work nicely on a duo but dosn't work for me on a solo2 :confused:
nevermind... false alarm :-)

Tkr001
13-03-13, 23:03
Yep it has been fixed with the new drivers included in later VIX images

cooa99
18-03-13, 16:06
Hi people,

Please where where on the forum I can see to changelogs for the solo2 vix images ....?, done a search and can find it ...

cheers

mickyblueys
18-03-13, 16:15
Hi people,

Please where where on the forum I can see to changelogs for the solo2 vix images ....?, done a search and can find it ...

cheers

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?p=201713

cooa99
18-03-13, 17:06
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?p=201713

Thanks!

Funny enough I did not see the latest ones when I searched earlier :) , must be the varifocals !

Stanman
18-03-13, 21:48
also in the image itself Menu?about>info

rizl4
20-03-13, 17:32
just got a solo2 box pre installed vixx img when going into open webif if click the Box Info button shows nothing just like its a page thats their:confused:

also the box does not show up under network in windows but ftp works fine

also it came with a hard drive how do i setup to install plugins on the harddrive

judge
20-03-13, 18:49
To see the box on your network, go to
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network & enable Samba or NFS.

You don't install plugins on the hard drive, you can store them there though.

rizl4
20-03-13, 19:58
To see the box on your network, go to
Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network & enable Samba or NFS.

You don't install plugins on the hard drive, you can store them there though.

cheers i installed both apps still will not show the box in windows did a network test its all seems fine conncted

also OpenWebif
clicked on box info comes up with no information bug?

i can see it on the BT homehub but the box is not listed in windows Network you know the network where it shows your local pc

http://i50.tinypic.com/1r7lmh.jpg

dont like the vixx skins also every time you add a new skin to have to adjust the size of it so annoying
the interface setting
Had 2 crashes already ;/

rizl4
21-03-13, 17:59
had to re install the image box was stuck on loading for like 5mins and loads fresh install seems fine but for how long:mad:

mickyblueys
22-03-13, 15:11
dont like the vixx skins also every time you add a new skin to have to adjust the size of it so annoying
the interface setting
Had 2 crashes already ;/

Could this not be down to "overscan" still being enabled on your tv?? I would get clarification from a mod. As I'm not 100% on changing skins. I personally find the default one top notch.

Larry-G
22-03-13, 15:25
Could this not be down to "overscan" still being enabled on your tv?? I would get clarification from a mod. As I'm not 100% on changing skins. I personally find the default one top notch.

Certainly can be if the OP has not disabled overscan from his TV side, we dont hide overscan like most other images do, we only use HD skins

rizl4
23-03-13, 16:41
My tv does not have any overscan setting :)

My applogise seems you only need to change the screen position once I must have tried SD skin which changed the position
Im now on night skin like it best would be nice if we can get some more skins added?:D

its also strange on some skins when the box starts you get all this green flickering it starts fine just few blinks of the green what is that?
default skin loads fine no green flicks
its not a problem i just like to know these things :D

i can never seem to get vu box to show under my network pc with vixx image
but with BH image it shows up

bluepeter
23-03-13, 17:44
Repeatable crash - build 632 - select any bouquet, press EPG to give single EPG list, click OK button on the first program in list or any program in list box crashes. Crash log sent.

Regards
Peter

Tkr001
24-03-13, 22:20
Repeatable crash - build 632 - select any bouquet, press EPG to give single EPG list, click OK button on the first program in list or any program in list box crashes. Crash log sent.

Regards
Peter

You really should open a thread for this. This general discussion is not the place to report problems.

rassi
26-03-13, 19:04
Adding timers has had to take loooong time, at least 30 sec it rotates VIX letters on screen before it adds it.
It has been much much faster. Using 632

2stein
27-03-13, 10:55
i have problems with the advanced picture quality settings.
according to my observation they don't seem to be set during boot, and only if you go into the configuration menu.
szenario: i change the settings (e.g. brightness, color, etc), press use this setting, everything is fine. i reboot. picture is default again. i go into the settings... settings are still there but i have to slightly change them and press use these settings to set them again.
anybody else seen this?
thanks.

rassi
27-03-13, 21:07
umm. why Timers.xml makes some logs to itself?
My timers.xml is now size of 47MB!?
Past timers has been cleaned etc.

one timer entry example:

<timer begin="1364410800" end="1364414400" serviceref="1:134:1:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:FROM BOUQUET &quot;alternatives.sub_0.tv&quot; ORDER BY bouquet" repeated="4" name="Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA" description="" afterevent="auto" eit="32236" tags="" disabled="0" justplay="0" descramble="1" record_ecm="1" isAutoTimer="0">
<log code="15" time="1361289073">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 20 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360996131">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 20 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360907658">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 20 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360783701">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360738411">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360601374">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360581388">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360579145">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360578749">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360345094">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360297879">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360258637">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360258291">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360255559">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360255358">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360181988">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360172547">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 6 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360158342">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 6 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360124610">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 6 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360007010">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 6 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1360001029">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 6 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="5" time="1360177180">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1360177180">Found enough free space to record</log>
<log code="0" time="1360177180">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20130206 2100 - Sub - Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA&apos;</log>
<log code="16" time="1360177180">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1360177180">record event 2</log>
<log code="6" time="1360177180">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="16" time="1360177180">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1360177180">record event 9</log>
<log code="5" time="1360177200">activating state 2</log>
<log code="11" time="1360177200">start recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1360177200">record event 0</log>
<log code="16" time="1360177200">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1360177230">record event 9</log>
<log code="5" time="1360180800">activating state 3</log>
<log code="12" time="1360180800">stop recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1360180800">record event 5</log>
<log code="16" time="1360180800">record event 1</log>
<log code="15" time="1360180800">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="5" time="1360781980">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1360781980">Found enough free space to record</log>
<log code="0" time="1360781980">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20130213 2100 - Sub - Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA&apos;</log>
<log code="16" time="1360781980">record event 3</log>
<log code="6" time="1360781980">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="16" time="1360781984">record event 3</log>
<log code="16" time="1360781989">record event 3</log>
<log code="16" time="1360781995">record event 3</log>
<log code="5" time="1360782000">activating state 2</log>
<log code="11" time="1360782000">start recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1360782000">record event 0</log>
<log code="16" time="1360782000">record event 3</log>

*********Removed hundreds of lines from here "event 3 messages**************

<log code="5" time="1360783701">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1360783701">Not enough free space to record</log>
<log code="5" time="1360783701">activating state 2</log>
<log code="5" time="1360783706">activating state 3</log>
<log code="12" time="1360783706">stop recording</log>
<log code="15" time="1360783706">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 20 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="0" time="1360783879">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20130220 2100 - Sub - Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA&apos;</log>
<log code="5" time="1361386780">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1361386780">Found enough free space to record</log>
<log code="0" time="1361386780">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20130220 2100 - Sub - Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA&apos;</log>
<log code="16" time="1361386780">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1361386780">record event 2</log>
<log code="6" time="1361386781">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="16" time="1361386781">record event 9</log>
<log code="16" time="1361386781">record event 6</log>
<log code="5" time="1361386800">activating state 2</log>
<log code="11" time="1361386800">start recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1361386800">record event 0</log>
<log code="16" time="1361386800">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1361386830">record event 9</log>
<log code="5" time="1361388506">activating state 3</log>
<log code="12" time="1361388506">stop recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1361388506">record event 5</log>
<log code="16" time="1361388506">record event 1</log>
<log code="15" time="1361388506">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 27 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="15" time="1361388658">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 20 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="5" time="1361388658">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1361388658">Found enough free space to record</log>
<log code="0" time="1361388658">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20130220 2100 - Sub - Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA_001&apos;</log>
<log code="16" time="1361388658">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1361388658">record event 2</log>
<log code="6" time="1361388658">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1361388658">activating state 2</log>
<log code="11" time="1361388658">start recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1361388658">record event 0</log>
<log code="16" time="1361388658">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1361388658">record event 9</log>
<log code="16" time="1361388658">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1361388658">record event 6</log>
<log code="15" time="1361390783">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Feb 27 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="5" time="1361991582">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1361991582">Found enough free space to record</log>
<log code="0" time="1361991582">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20130227 2100 - Sub - Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA&apos;</log>
<log code="6" time="1361991582">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="16" time="1361991583">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1361991583">record event 2</log>
<log code="16" time="1361991583">record event 9</log>
<log code="16" time="1361991583">record event 6</log>
<log code="5" time="1361991600">activating state 2</log>
<log code="11" time="1361991600">start recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1361991600">record event 0</log>
<log code="16" time="1361991600">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1361991629">record event 9</log>
<log code="5" time="1361995200">activating state 3</log>
<log code="12" time="1361995200">stop recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1361995200">record event 5</log>
<log code="16" time="1361995200">record event 1</log>
<log code="15" time="1361995201">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Mar 6 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="5" time="1362596382">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1362596382">Found enough free space to record</log>
<log code="0" time="1362596382">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20130306 2100 - Sub - Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA&apos;</log>
<log code="6" time="1362596382">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596383">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596383">record event 2</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596383">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596384">record event 9</log>
<log code="5" time="1362596400">activating state 2</log>
<log code="11" time="1362596400">start recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596400">record event 0</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596400">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596410">record event 9</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596996">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596996">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596996">record event 2</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596996">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1362596997">record event 9</log>
<log code="16" time="1362598756">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1362598756">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1362598756">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1362598756">record event 2</log>
<log code="16" time="1362598757">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1362598757">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1362598757">record event 9</log>
<log code="5" time="1362600000">activating state 3</log>
<log code="12" time="1362600000">stop recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1362600000">record event 5</log>
<log code="16" time="1362600000">record event 1</log>
<log code="15" time="1362600001">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Mar 13 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="5" time="1363201182">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1363201182">Found enough free space to record</log>
<log code="0" time="1363201182">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20130313 2100 - Sub - Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA&apos;</log>
<log code="6" time="1363201182">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201185">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201185">record event 2</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201185">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201185">record event 9</log>
<log code="5" time="1363201201">activating state 2</log>
<log code="11" time="1363201201">start recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201201">record event 0</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201201">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201241">record event 9</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201883">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201883">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201883">record event 2</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201883">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1363201884">record event 9</log>
<log code="16" time="1363202968">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1363202968">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1363202968">record event 2</log>
<log code="16" time="1363202968">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1363202969">record event 9</log>
<log code="16" time="1363203985">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1363203985">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1363203985">record event 2</log>
<log code="16" time="1363203985">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1363203986">record event 9</log>
<log code="5" time="1363204800">activating state 3</log>
<log code="12" time="1363204800">stop recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1363204800">record event 5</log>
<log code="16" time="1363204800">record event 1</log>
<log code="15" time="1363204801">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Mar 20 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="5" time="1363806001">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1363806001">Found enough free space to record</log>
<log code="0" time="1363806001">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20130320 2100 - Sub - Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA&apos;</log>
<log code="16" time="1363806001">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1363806001">record event 2</log>
<log code="6" time="1363806001">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1363806001">activating state 2</log>
<log code="11" time="1363806001">start recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1363806001">record event 0</log>
<log code="16" time="1363806001">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1363806002">record event 9</log>
<log code="16" time="1363806002">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1363806002">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1363806025">record event 9</log>
<log code="5" time="1363809600">activating state 3</log>
<log code="12" time="1363809600">stop recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1363809600">record event 5</log>
<log code="16" time="1363809600">record event 1</log>
<log code="15" time="1363809631">record time changed, start prepare is now: Wed Mar 27 20:59:40 2013</log>
<log code="5" time="1364410854">activating state 1</log>
<log code="0" time="1364410854">Found enough free space to record</log>
<log code="0" time="1364410854">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20130327 2100 - Sub - Kurjat kuppilat USA - Kitchen Nightmares USA&apos;</log>
<log code="16" time="1364410854">record event 6</log>
<log code="16" time="1364410854">record event 2</log>
<log code="6" time="1364410854">prepare ok, waiting for begin</log>
<log code="5" time="1364410854">activating state 2</log>
<log code="11" time="1364410854">start recording</log>
<log code="16" time="1364410854">record event 0</log>
<log code="16" time="1364410855">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1364410855">record event 9</log>
<log code="16" time="1364410855">record event 4</log>
<log code="16" time="1364410855">record event 6</log>
</timer>

kostikos
27-03-13, 23:33
Guys, is there a reason why I cannot connect to the Vu+ player android app? Same settings were working great with other images..

tomthebomb1968
28-03-13, 01:47
I think if you have it set up the same as before you will find that it still works ok even though it says not connected. Thats my experience anyway.
Guys, is there a reason why I cannot connect to the Vu+ player android app? Same settings were working great with other images..

kostikos
28-03-13, 09:48
Lol! Indeed it says it can't connect, but it works anyway :) That's wierd! Thnx!

rizl4
31-03-13, 09:13
can anyone help me find iptv plugin

Larry-G
31-03-13, 16:46
can anyone help me find iptv plugin

What do you mean by Iptv ?. For example we have a plugin in the feeds called OnDemand for the BBC iplayer and more.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

rizl4
31-03-13, 17:18
thought there was an IPTV plugin for internet tv from providers i can get accounts from people to watch internet tv nah not bbci etc :)

Trial
31-03-13, 19:17
Hi,
there is nothing like THE IPTV. IPTV simply means TV over the internet and there are 100th of variations. You need to be a bit more specific.

ciao

Larry-G
01-04-13, 18:57
Guys please remember that this thread is only meant to be a general Image release and discussion thread, it is not intended nor suitable as a one fits all technical help thread.

Please if you need help make a dedicated thread detailing your issues with as much supporting information as possible.

such as what image and build version you are using ?.
what if any plugins you have installed either from the feeds or otherwise.
what skin your using
and a brief but detailed explanation of what is happening, and any supporting debug or crash logs you can give us otherwise it is very hard for us to offer help.

for now i am going to lock this thread until i get a chance to clean it out as rite now there are too many people asking for help and their posts are getting lost in the clutter.

Rob van der Does
13-05-13, 06:27

As far as I can see this has been fixed (but I can't receive all channels). Can you confirm that?

bobby-
14-05-13, 18:47
just updated my vusolo2 to 3.0-665 and 23e is not working

danivtec
14-05-13, 19:42
Getting a crash on 665 when transcoding is enabled and trying to stream from the built in Transcoder tv box in openwebif. This is a fresh flash from 664 to 665, also tried on 664 before upgrading and same result. Streaming from the port 8001 is fine.

Crash log attached.

Rob van der Does
14-05-13, 19:44

Getting a crash on 665 when transcoding is enabled and trying to stream from the built in Transcoder tv box in openwebif. This is a fresh flash from 664 to 665, also tried on 664 before upgrading and same result. Streaming from the port 8001 is fine.

Crash log attached.
Thanks, we are looking into this.

tomthebomb1968
17-05-13, 18:35
Hi guys Im getting a crash when going into Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Positioner setup. Box does nothing for a few secs then spinning vix and crash log on screen then reboots.

Fresh Flash nothing added except catseye sttings from plugins server and my cams and configs

log attatched

sigpark
17-05-13, 19:30
Hi Folks - Phoenix directed me here. I saw in recent release notes an update to Vix Magic-HD Light skin could have been 3.0.664?

Anyway Vix Magic-HD Light used to work fine when it installed as part of the parent Vix Magic-HD, now my VU+ Solo2 hangs at the Blue OpenVix Start Splash screen with the Vix Magic-HD Light skin. Can FTP etc to box, but no HDMI output other than splash or response from remote control

I am on lastest Vix release 3.0.665, and I have tested this issue on other images back to 3.0.558, and can repeat each time I select the skin from the "plugins download" (after the new format was released it is now listed seperately to Vix MAgic-HD), and restart - the VU+ Solo 2 does not restart the Enigma GUI properly - you see the VIX spinning icon stalling at retstart.

Vu+ Solo 2
ViX 3.0.665

Magic-HD Light skin

Rob van der Does
17-05-13, 20:45
I'll look into it.
Best use Magic-HD for the time being then.

Rob van der Does
17-05-13, 21:19
I'll look into it.
Best use Magic-HD for the time being then.
Fixed for next build.

pmos_hafi
18-05-13, 07:57
Dear Friends

I have also the same problem. Anyone can fix it ?

Best Regards

Hi guys Im getting a crash when going into Menu/Setup/Service Searching/Positioner setup. Box does nothing for a few secs then spinning vix and crash log on screen then reboots.

Fresh Flash nothing added except catseye sttings from plugins server and my cams and configs

log attatched

Rob van der Does
18-05-13, 08:25
I have also the same problem. Anyone can fix it?
Please create your own thread for your problem. This is a general thread.

Eiji
18-05-13, 17:32
I updated from Vix 3.0.656 to 3.0.665 and my USB wireless dongle (rt2800usb) is no longer working, it's not even detected. Is this a known problem?

I've gone back to the slightly older image to get wifi back as it's worked perfectly fine prior to build 665. Have the rt2800usb drivers been removed from the new image?

Tkr001
19-05-13, 03:27
If people keep posting problems in general discussion threads they shouldn't be surprised not to get any help. Best to start a new thread for each problem

sigpark
19-05-13, 14:33
I think this is a "General Post", apologies if I should have started a new thread. I have noticed over all of the releases the Information Menu for memory that the figure displaye for VU+ Solo 2 is approx ½GB - I have validated this with friend who has same, and tested across a number of skins. Unit purcheased from W of S, and spec is 256MB Flash and 1GB DDR3 DRAM - Flash use displayed correctly for VIX image, the DDR3 seems to be incorrect. Thanks for looking at, or please direct me to re-post and I will.

Vu+ Solo 2
ViX 3.0.665

sigpark
19-05-13, 18:43
Actually the Flash is incorrect also as it displays 196Mb, instead 256 Mb. Apologies

Rob van der Does
19-05-13, 18:58
You can't see the total amount of flash this way, only the amount of flash that is available in userspace. The rest is reserved for systemtasks.

If you make a bootlog (via the serial connection) you'll see all the details. But why not trust the
manufacturer?

sigpark
19-05-13, 22:56
Sorry Rob, I do! I just thought the details should be correct. Thanks

sigpark
19-05-13, 23:04
I have another observation in regard to "User Settings", "Display Channel Number in Infobar". When selected the channel number is also displayed on the VU+ box front display. Where as this is helpful, it also means that the channel "description" is truncated, and it is difficult to see the asociated description for the selected channel. I am wondering if the front display can scroll horizontally as you change channel or if an option can be added to include the channel # in display selectable - after all the actual option refers to the "Infobar". Thanks again for all of the very hard work to make the experience great for us users.

VU+ Solo 2
Vix Magic-HD-Noire

Rob van der Does
20-05-13, 04:51
Using the latest build the channelnumber on 12/16 character text-VFD's will not be shown any more.

sigpark
20-05-13, 19:29
Thanks for the fixes Rob. With regard to Magic HD Light the contents of /usr/share/enigma2/Magic-HD-Light folder seem to be the very same as the full "Magic HD Skin"; indeed the "Light Skin" reports itself as the Magic HD Skin in "Information About". There used to be four files for the skin lcd_picon_default.png, picon_default.png, prev.png, and skin.xml - now there is a complete set of files leaving no discernable difference between Light and Full Magic skins (including the large on screen buttons), Meters, EPG etc. I used to use the Magic Light Skin to achieve a pseudo reset to default as the "light skin" left the EPG pretty much at the VIX default - just choosing the "Default Skin" never achieved this, as "default" did not reset certain attributes e.g. EPG current setting does not go back to the White / Blue of default. Thanks agian for all of the active work.

VU+ Solo 2
Vix Magic-HD-Light

Thanks again for the efforts

Rob van der Does
20-05-13, 22:06
The difference between Magic-HD and Magic-HD-light is that the full version supports dozens of plugins, whereas the light version only supports functions included in the default image.
The doubling of the files was not intended, but is a left over of several previous procedural changes; the cleaning up is still on my to-do-list.

sigpark
21-05-13, 19:55
Thanks Rob for the clarification in Magic HD / Light Skin. Perhaps when you get time you might look at how the "default" skin is reapplied as getting back to the simple Blue / White theme (on graphic EPG and other screens) does not seem consistent. If there is a workaround to "defaulting" that would be good to know. Thanks again.

VU+ Solo 2
Vix Magic-HD-Light -> Default

Rob van der Does
21-05-13, 20:46
Sorry, but I have no idea what's wrong there/then.

sigpark
22-05-13, 23:35

To help I have attached two images - a screen shot of the "original default graphic EPG" (on right hand side Blue/White), as well as the graphic EPG after "default" is selected following a skin like Magic HD Noire (on left hand side Green).

For the most part all is good - fonts, layout etc, but the Graphic EPG does not get set correctly after "default" skin is restored.

Thanks

VU+ Solo 2
Vix Magic-HD-Noire -> Default
Vix 3.0.667 and earlier versions tested

Trial
23-05-13, 08:01
Hi sigpark,
I do not get your point. There are hardcopies of multi epg showing different bouquets. What should it tell us?

ciao

sigpark
23-05-13, 11:26
Hi ciao, thanks for response, and apologies if I made some assumptions - I was following on from a previous post. Indeed they do show different bouquets as I took them at different times, but that is not what I am trying to highlight. The default skin EPG view shows scroll bar and selection in Blue / White from the initial set-up. After selecting and installing other skins, reverting to the default skin at any time from any other skin leaves the annoying "green" footprint instead of Blue / White. Everything else with the "default skin" restores normally - font, font colours, justification etc.

Thanks for querying

VU+ Solo 2

Trial
23-05-13, 12:04
Hi,
thank you for the explanation. Now even I understand:-) but I cannot help:-(

ciao

Delagroov
23-05-13, 14:17

To help I have attached two images - a screen shot of the "original default graphic EPG" (on right hand side Blue/White), as well as the graphic EPG after "default" is selected following a skin like Magic HD Noire (on left hand side Green).

For the most part all is good - fonts, layout etc, but the Graphic EPG does not get set correctly after "default" skin is restored.

Thanks

VU+ Solo 2

Dont know if i understood the problem with epg colors correctly.

But in Magic-HD-Noire de Epg look like this, so your screenshot showing green bars is certainly not with Magic hd noire

andyblac
23-05-13, 15:55

Thanks

VU+ Solo 2

the left is Default, the right is ViX Night, as default flashed ViX Night is enabled, NOT Default. do not not confuse the 2, both screens are correct, if you want blue/grey, enable ViX Night.

sigpark
23-05-13, 20:50
Thanks andyblac - you are indeed correct, I see it now! I was confused by the "green". If I subsequently confused others, I was trying to explain the skins I was moving from -> to, but there was no connection. Thanks again for clearing this up.

andyblac
25-05-13, 10:16
Thanks andyblac - you are indeed correct, I see it now! I was confused by the "green". If I subsequently confused others, I was trying to explain the skins I was moving from -> to, but there was no connection. Thanks again for clearing this up.

np, i even confuse our dev team at times :D

Rob van der Does
25-05-13, 10:54
np, i even confuse our dev team at times :D
At times :confused: :whistle:

sigpark
25-05-13, 14:53
I have done a test this morning. I have installed Vix Image 6.0.658, and configured Cross EPG as well as a bouquet from Auto Bouquet Maker. Nothing else installed, and all settings left as default (exception EPG -> HDD). Basic install, no additions and effectively default settings.

Graphical EPG selection and display is "instant". I subsequently updated to Vix Image 6.6.668 using the Vix Update Software feature. Selecting the Graphical EPG now first displays "please wait while gathering data..." in white in the centre of the screen before displaying the EPG.

I am wondering the purpose of the message, is there a way to "hide it", or is this just the way it will be going forward? I had been seeing the message over the last few releases, and wanted to check if it was an extension I had installed or my config; it seems not. Thanks everyone

VU+ Solo 2
Vix Hight HD (Default)
Vix 3.0.658 -> 3.0.668

Larry-G
25-05-13, 15:02
I have done a test this morning. I have installed Vix Image 6.0.658, and configured Cross EPG as well as a bouquet from Auto Bouquet Maker. Nothing else installed, and all settings left as default (exception EPG -> HDD). Basic install, no additions and effectively default settings.

Graphical EPG selection and display is "instant". I subsequently updated to Vix Image 6.6.668 using the Vix Update Software feature. Selecting the Graphical EPG now first displays "please wait while gathering data..." in white in the centre of the screen before displaying the EPG.

I am wondering the purpose of the message, is there a way to "hide it", or is this just the way it will be going forward? I had been seeing the message over the last few releases, and wanted to check if it was an extension I had installed or my config; it seems not. Thanks everyone

VU+ Solo 2
Vix Hight HD (Default)
Vix 3.0.658 -> 3.0.668

It is there for a reason, previously when you hit the EPG button you would see a blank screen until the EPG data was populated then displayed. now most people would not notice the time it took for the EPG to display but a lot did, so we placed the message there so that users knew that the EPG was being populated.

sigpark
25-05-13, 18:57
Hi phoenix, thanks for reply. I can assure you on the Solo 2 there was never a delay what so ever or a "blank" screen - the graphic EPG was instant. I have a friend who purchased a Solo 2 at the same time, and has done exactly the same tests and confirms the same. The "no delay" behaviour was obeserved across the full bouquet EPG and as well the sections EPG from auto bouquet maker - all good - even with 500 channels.

The "new" feature has introduced a delay in the build of the EPG, at least on the Solo 2 - I seem to recall the behaviour was introduced after I upgraded to 3.0.664. Where as previously - I have done the tests this morning from scratch - the EPG appeared litterally as you pressed the EPG button on the remote, now you wait a little over a second. I have no idea what is happening whilst this message is displayed, or if it is a simple timer? Any which way, IMHO for the Solo 2 it was better in VIX 3.0.658. Not sure who on the admin team has a Solo 2, but what I am saying is easy to verify. Again, thanks to all who help.

VU+ Solo 2
Vix Hight HD (Default)
Vix 3.0.668