PDA

View Full Version : vix issues/bugs

art
25-12-12, 20:46
Hi guys,

Just setup the new tmtwin with the latest image. Im having problems initialising the external drive and regular enigma2 crashes. I did have the drive working with the previous image but again issues with random restarts which seem to suggest autotimer being the culprit. I just cant get the twin stable ....is it the external usb causing this and anyone got the twin running sweet. My vuduo+ is far more reliable right now and im wishing id gone for another duo

Larry-G
25-12-12, 20:50
I now use my Twin and 2T as my primary receivers and find them every bit as stable as all 4 of my Vu receivers. unfortunately as your post is very vague on details there is very little we can advise on.

we would need to see copies of the various crash logs and where possible a more detailed explanation of your setup and plugins etc.

Stanman
25-12-12, 22:56
TM2T user here and no issues at all, you will need to give more info, devices connected etc to enable us to help you mate.

art
25-12-12, 23:20
I now use my Twin and 2T as my primary receivers and find them every bit as stable as all 4 of my Vu receivers. unfortunately as your post is very vague on details there is very little we can advise on.

we would need to see copies of the various crash logs and where possible a more detailed explanation of your setup and plugins etc.

Ok bud i'll see if i can grab some crash logs for you....tbh if id had a spare 3.5 internal sata to hand that would have gone in but i only had a 500gb seagate. The setup is a fresh flash with no mods so it does seem to point to the drive if you're saying you're using yours as the primary boxes and very stable. Thanks for the responses so far

Larry-G
25-12-12, 23:45
i have had a Twin in daily use since a few weeks before the ViX image was launched for this platform and in all that time it has been superbly stable, as good as both my duo's i'd say. It has been used with both 2.5 and 3.5 HDD's without a problem.

Rob van der Does
26-12-12, 07:26
Is the USB drive using a PSU or is it bus-powered? If the latter: that's the culprit.
Some drives (or acutaly the USB-->SATA-controller) are simply not compatible with all computers.

If I were you, I would build in the 500GB-HDD: I find an internal HDD far more reliable then any external solution.

art
26-12-12, 15:02
Is the USB drive using a PSU or is it bus-powered? If the latter: that's the culprit.
Some drives (or acutaly the USB-->SATA-controller) are simply not compatible with all computers.

If I were you, I would build in the 500GB-HDD: I find an internal HDD far more reliable then any external solution.

Yup it's bus-powered and suspected it was an external drive problem. Xlmtvimporter was causing crashes as it filled flash and autotimer polling was also causing enigma to reload. Will pop over to overclockers tomoz...btw do you know if thr solidstate sata drives work with the twin running vix?

Rob van der Does
26-12-12, 15:59
Bus powered drives are never a good idea: they tend to be unstable. Some have a power-plug: using that with an external PSU usually fixes any problem.

If XMLTV-import fills flash something is obviously wrong. Can you set epg.dat to save to HDD or USB?

'Enigma reload' = crash. Crash = crash-report. Please post that.

All SDD's hould work fine. But IMHO in a STB they are a waste of money.

art
28-12-12, 16:48
Installed the new internal 500Gb HDD, did a fresh flash and hdd working good now but xmltvepg still crashes box even with epg set to save on hdd so im using crossepg instead. Got up this morning and box would not respond to the remote so had to power cycle. Ive attached the crashlogs for perusal.

Many thanks so far!

bobodovsky11
06-01-13, 15:05
i have just joined this forum, and the reason i joined is because i got my TM Twin from the sponcer.
have read various thread on this box but not many reporting problems.
in this case i must then have a rouge box, because i have had nothing but trouble with it since i bought it,and in my opinion is one of the worst satellite recievers i have ever spent good money on.
it constantly freezes when trying to watch any hd channels.it crashes when i go on 1channel for a movie, and now it wont even come out of the 4D start screen.
All it does is sits there saying BOOTING but it does not.
I was also told before i decided to buy this rubbish that it had blindscan, but it does not.
I was then informed that blindscan would be a plugin, but i am still waiting.
all in all there is realy nothing around for this box,so it is my opinion that you should do yourselfs a favour and spend your money on a decent box, not TECHNOMATE.:mad:

judge
06-01-13, 15:07
i have just joined this forum, and the reason i joined is because i got my TM Twin from the sponcer.
in this case i must then have a rouge box, because i have had nothing but trouble with it since i bought it,and in my opinion is one of the worst satellite recievers i have ever spent good money on.
it constantly freezes when trying to watch any hd channels.it crashes when i go on 1channel for a movie, and now it wont even come out of the 4D start screen.
I was also told before i decided to buy this rubbish that it had blindscan, but it does not.
all in all there is realy nothing around for this box,so it is my opinion that you should do yourselfs a favour and spend your money on a decent box, not TECHNOMATE.:mad:

None of those issues here, although I don't use the 1 channel plugin as it's known to be buggy.
What bootloader & what image version are you currently using?

Larry-G
06-01-13, 15:14

The 1channel plugin has nothing what so ever to do with this forum, The ViX image or the receiver. It is notoriously flaky on all images and crashes all the time, there is absolutely no way what so ever you can place any blame on this receiver, image or forum for that. as to your post, if you have a genuine problem we will help you find a solution, if however you only came here to rant you wont find us very accommodating.

As to the receiver it self, I have been using one my self for a good many months and it works just as well as any of my other E2 receivers.

abu baniaz
06-01-13, 15:28
You are better off to start afresh and use the Vix image. Enable the debug logs and then reboot. This will help identify the issue. Do not use TSpanel.

I have yet to buy from the site sponsor, but if you have a faulty receiver, I have no doubt whatsoever that they will assist you in the best possible manner. The first step would be to rule out software issues.

bobodovsky11
06-01-13, 15:36
first of all i did not join the forum to rant, but as the people that i bought the machine from are the site sponsers then i would have every reason to do so.
next my box came with 4D image installed as well as 1channel,so if this is unstable then it IS there fault for installing it.
Next point is that i have called and called the sponser and even traveled to there premesis to have my problem sorted but been fobbed off on all occassions.
the machine has problems and i paid good money for something that i was lied to about, so if you think that i just came on here to have a rant then you are mistaken.
i came on the sponsers site to sort my box out and that is it in a nutshell.:mad:

bobodovsky11
06-01-13, 15:40
i cannot start afresh mate because as i said in my first post my box will not come out of the booting stage.
i have tried to re flash and everything else but it will just not do anything.

judge
06-01-13, 15:41
well, an attitude check might be in order if you expect anyone to give up their free time & help you sort any issues you may have.

judge
06-01-13, 15:44
i cannot start afresh mate because as i said in my first post my box will not come out of the booting stage.
i have tried to re flash and everything else but it will just not do anything.

Have you tried flashing the bootloader first?
Follow the instructions in this thread (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?21660-New-ViX-Team-Technomate-TM-TWIN-OE-ViX-OE3-0-Release-Discussion).

bobodovsky11
06-01-13, 15:49
well, an attitude check might be in order if you expect anyone to give up their free time & help you sort any issues you may have.
LOL atitude...I paid good money for a box that i was lied to about, and that has been nothing but trouble since i got it, and i paid that good money to a sponser that has offered no help whatsoever, and you wonder why i have an attitude.

Larry-G
06-01-13, 15:51
The sponsor is in no way intentionally ignoring or evading you, he is going through some difficult family problems at the moment and is spending quite a lot of time in and out of hospital.

now if you want help we will gladly help as much as possible, thats what we are here for, but the attitude will not get you any where.

now to the image, 4D is simply a third party image installed on the receiver by the distributors it is not provided nor maintained by this forum, nor are any of the included plugins such as 1channel.

as i said if you want help we will help, but you can leave that attitude out.

bobodovsky11
06-01-13, 15:58
The sponsor is in no way intentionally ignoring or evading you, he is going through some difficult family problems at the moment and is spending quite a lot of time in and out of hospital.

now if you want help we will gladly help as much as possible, thats what we are here for, but the attitude will not get you any where.

now to the image, 4D is simply a third party image installed on the receiver by the distributors it is not provided nor maintained by this forum, nor are any of the included plugins such as 1channel.

as i said if you want help we will help, but that attitude will get you no where.
i was not aware of the sponsers predicament and someone saying so on the phone would have put a different light on my attitude.
however my box has problems and i have come to the site for help and i appreciate any help i can get from the members.
i have tried the bootloader, i have tried to re flash but my machine will not move from the booting screen...

abu baniaz
06-01-13, 15:59
The latest bootloader is here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/TM-TWIN-OE/

Latest images here
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Twin-OE/

Also make sure that you do not have any other flash drives connected.

mickyblueys
06-01-13, 15:59
You're right about one thing you did pay good money for you're box....but that's all you're right about. why don't you go away and have a read up on how these types of boxes work, from setting up images to installing plugins and other addons. Then come back when you understand, and post when you're in a calm mood.....then you might get some help. I've ranted in the past and you get no further forward...you only come across like a complete and utter Muppet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Larry-G
06-01-13, 16:01
i was not aware of the sponsers predicament and someone saying so on the phone would have put a different light on my attitude.
however my box has problems and i have come to the site for help and i appreciate any help i can get from the members.
i have tried the bootloader, i have tried to re flash but my machine will not move from the booting screen...

well i'm at work at this moment in time so cant really walk you through the processes needed to check whats going on, hopefully some one else can assist in that.

The Twin is a Dual booting receiver it has a prebuilt in operating system and the ability to also use Enigma2 images. First i would try to see if you can boot into the inbuilt default Operating system, then we can go from there.

if worst comes to worst and the box is faulty i am 100 percent certain either the sponsor or technomate them selves will repair or replace it.

bobodovsky11
06-01-13, 16:09
You're right about one thing you did pay good money for you're box....but that's all you're right about. why don't you go away and have a read up on how these types of boxes work, from setting up images to installing plugins and other addons. Then come back when you understand, and post when you're in a calm mood.....then you might get some help. I've ranted in the past and you get no further forward...you only come across like a complete and utter Muppet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
just for your information mate i have had these types of boxes for years so i know how they work.
i have also been using motorised satellite systems since LNB'S WERE 3.00 DB, so i know my ins and out of satellite things, but i have never came accross a box with problems like this one has.

Larry-G
06-01-13, 16:13
Frankly if your basing your experiences with this box on the 4D image then i can fully understand the frustration as it's a total pile of ~ insert expletive here ~.

Rite now that's of no consequence, as i said if you want help you need to calm down and put on your sensible head, otherwise i'll just lock the thread as it's going no where.

bobodovsky11
06-01-13, 16:17
ok i have tried again with the latest bootloader but the box does not load from the usb, ie the image comes on the screen goes blank to read the usb then just comes back on with the image.
tried to use the original image same result will not move from booting screen.

Larry-G
06-01-13, 16:19
Have you tried a different USB stick or a different USB port to flash the image / bootloader ?.

also do you see a prompt on the VFD when the box boots up with the stick inserted containing the bootloader or image ?.

judge
06-01-13, 16:20
Sounds like it's not flashing the bootloader so.
What directory structure do you have on the USB stick?
Have you another USB stick you can try?

abu baniaz
06-01-13, 16:21
To boot into the other software, keep pressing "Menu" at bootup. If it boots into teh other software, you can go back to E2 by pressing "exit" on reboot.

Failing that, you can try the bootloader recovery.

Larry-G
06-01-13, 16:23
as asked by judge please detail the exact file structure of the USB stick containing the bootloader files, so we can be sure you'r doing it properly as that is a easy step to mess up.

bobodovsky11
06-01-13, 16:24
Have you tried a different USB stick or a different USB port to flash the image / bootloader ?.

also do you see a prompt on the VFD when the box boots up with the stick inserted containing the bootloader or image ?.
used 5 different usb sticks that all work on my duo and ultimo, and also tried different usb port.
no VFD prompt though.

abu baniaz
06-01-13, 16:35
no VFD prompt though.
Judge asked for you to post the structure of the USB drive contents.

bobodovsky11
06-01-13, 16:44
this is what is on my usb stick, is this correct for bootloader

update--tmtwin,tmtwinoe--cfe.bin

abu baniaz
06-01-13, 16:49
There should be a "cfe" folder in both the "tmtwin" and "tmtwinoe" folders. Inside the cfe folders there there should be a "cfe.bin"

If you downloaded the 07/11/12 boot loader, you should just copy the update folder onto the usb drive.

world-of-satellite.co.uk
06-01-13, 23:44
LOL atitude...I paid good money for a box that i was lied to about, and that has been nothing but trouble since i got it, and i paid that good money to a sponser that has offered no help whatsoever, and you wonder why i have an attitude.

We provide technical support to all our customers when requested and do not lie to anyone, we've had no requests from any customer for TM-Twin support.

Your posts seem a little strange, firstly we DO NOT mis-sell to anyone by mis-advising them about Blindscan. If ANY customer ever ask's us if the TM-Twin supports Blindscan, we tell them no.

Another reason your posts look strange is that I do not recall us selling a single unit with the 4D image flashed to it, but who know's I may have forgotten an order.

first of all i did not join the forum to rant, but as the people that i bought the machine from are the site sponsers then i would have every reason to do so.
next my box came with 4D image installed as well as 1channel,so if this is unstable then it IS there fault for installing it.
Next point is that i have called and called the sponser and even traveled to there premesis to have my problem sorted but been fobbed off on all occassions.
the machine has problems and i paid good money for something that i was lied to about, so if you think that i just came on here to have a rant then you are mistaken.
i came on the sponsers site to sort my box out and that is it in a nutshell.:mad:

I think you have us mistaken with another retailer: -

A) We DO NOT fob any customer's off, if there is an issue, we sort it out.
B) No one has visited or contacted us with a TM-Twin issue that you describe.
C) We do not recall any customer collecting or visiting us regards a TM-Twin, all our's have been sold online.
D) We DO NOT lie of mis-sell to anyone.
E) We have a 24 hours answer phone and had zero message regards anyone having TM-Twin issues.
F) No one has emailed or PM'd us regards any TM-Twin issues apart from some chancer today through ebay trying to get direct Technical support from us when their unit was not purchased from us.

Again, like we said above I do not recall selling a single TM-Twin with 4D image installed.

If you genuinely purchased from us please drop us A PM through the forum or email us here providing your order details http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/...mation/contact (http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/index.php?route=information/contact) We do our utmost to help all our customers and keep them happy.

Jony
07-01-13, 01:19
------------------------------------------------------

1-Disconnect hard dsik / usb/Lnb cable.
2-Insert usb with any image to front usb /if still not downloading use rear usb.
If none above ,
Please contact world of satellite or Technomate direct help line on 0208 884 0259 to rectify your problems.

Sicilian
07-01-13, 06:09
------------------------------------------------------

1-Disconnect hard dsik / usb/Lnb cable.
2-Insert usb with any image to front usb /if still not downloading use rear usb.
If none above ,
Please contact world of satellite or Technomate direct help line on 0208 884 0259 to rectify your problems.

Read post above yours, it does not appear like this guy actually purchased from World of Satellite.

iZaza
09-01-13, 06:33
This guy is not genuine. Someone is trying to leave bad image about technomate. I have used technomate receivers for so many years and not even one problem. This guy should be banned for being a lier and time waster.

galfwender
19-01-13, 18:52
Hello,

I bought a TM-Twin-OE from the sponsor recently. The box had intermittent picture breakup and would freeze or reboot itself randomly (with no hard drive installed, immediately after flashing). I was passed on to Technomate directly for support and they shipped a replacement box, which works perfectly so far.

However, it was very frustrating while being asked to troubleshoot what was clearly a faulty box. WOS and TM were both amazed and skeptical that such a thing was even possible.

So I'd just like to say that no box is perfect, every device manufactured in high volumes has a return rate, and I have had first hand experience of a faulty TM-Twin-OE.

Larry-G
20-01-13, 17:33
Hello,

I bought a TM-Twin-OE from the sponsor recently. The box had intermittent picture breakup and would freeze or reboot itself randomly (with no hard drive installed, immediately after flashing). I was passed on to Technomate directly for support and they shipped a replacement box, which works perfectly so far.

However, it was very frustrating while being asked to troubleshoot what was clearly a faulty box. WOS and TM were both amazed and skeptical that such a thing was even possible.

So I'd just like to say that no box is perfect, every device manufactured in high volumes has a return rate, and I have had first hand experience of a faulty TM-Twin-OE.

You have to also understand that the sponsor and technomate receive literally hundress of emails and calls daily from users reporting issues. This can often at times be a very labor intensive process to troubleshoot and diagnose and almost every one turns out to be user error is some way.

Now im not dismissing your claims but as you also discovered where there is a genuine problem it will be rectified. Thats more than I can say for a lot of other traders out there.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

art
26-01-13, 21:59
guys i do believe this thread was started by me for the issues I was having. It's been well and truly hijacked by the other guy. can i ask for some more assistance as ive updated the box several times, left crash logs and my box is still unreliable. it was purchased direct from technomate so unless i can get this box working reliably it's going back to them shortly. only piece of software on it that might be of issue is cccam so id like to rule that out. any more ideas?

warajoker
26-01-13, 22:05
I had a faulty gigablue quad where the front lcd panel was loose. they replaced the front panel with a brand new one and shipped it back the next day. I have nothing but praise for wos. and I wouldn't purchase from anywhere else

judge
26-01-13, 22:05
What image & build is your box using now?
are you still using a bus powered HDD?

I very much doubt it's cccam causing your issues, works perfectly well here on Twin & TM2T

art
03-02-13, 13:38
hi judge that info is in the crash logs i posted. but i have an internal now, freshly flashed and and sw updated. Enigma crashes evry day, mainly when you come to use it in morning. Get's it's knickers in a twist and crashes. I'm going try a different image an if it plays up with that i'll give tm a bell see if they'll have it back n replace it. Ive looked at the crash logs myself to see if i can see a pattern. Seems to poll for a child process that has died but how it's coded to handle that i dont know. Never had a box this troublesome before and dont have much time to fuff around with them tbh. Ive got vix 2.3 running on my vuduo+ and its rock solid

art
10-02-13, 13:42
Sending box back to TM....fuffing useless since I bought it before Xmas. Tried a software update on it this morning and it crashed. Piece of cr4p!

Larry-G
10-02-13, 14:05
Sending box back to TM....fuffing useless since I bought it before Xmas. Tried a software update on it this morning and it crashed. Piece of cr4p!

I cant really agree with that as i have not had any real issues with either my TM TWIN or TM 2T and i now use the 2T as my primary viewing / testing box. That said it's not unheard of with any piece of electrical Equipment to get a bad apple, and in those situations TM usually just replace the unit for a new one ( there pretty good like that ).

judge
10-02-13, 14:32

What image & build were you updating from?
My T2 & Twin are fairly rock solid for watching & recording TV.

art
10-02-13, 14:38
I cant really agree with that as i have not had any real issues with either my TM TWIN or TM 2T and i now use the 2T as my primary viewing / testing box. That said it's not unheard of with any piece of electrical Equipment to get a bad apple, and in those situations TM usually just replace the unit for a new one ( there pretty good like that ).

Those are the facts Phoenix mate ....I flashed it, re-flashed, updated and still issues with it. What's more I'm a UNIX admin so I have some experience with LINUX/UNIX which probably gives me a head start on trying to sort the issues myself but I'm a busy fella during the week and don't have the spare time needed to delve deeper. I've got a feeling the bootloader update didn't work correctly as if I try and update to a different image it boots into some german base image....that sort of implies it's has two images in flash which would reduce the flash area unless there's a separate flash chip with a default image. I tried to reflash the bootloader this morning but it just doesn't pick up the update off the usb and either loads to VIX or this german image. I would try to start again from scratch but the bloody thing won't let me

Larry-G
10-02-13, 14:44
Those are the facts Phoenix mate ....I flashed it, re-flashed, updated and still issues with it. What's more I'm a UNIX admin so I have some experience with LINUX/UNIX which probably gives me a head start on trying to sort the issues myself but I'm a busy fella during the week and don't have the spare time needed to delve deeper. I've got a feeling the bootloader update didn't work correctly as if I try and update to a different image it boots into some german base image....that sort of implies it's has two images in flash which would reduce the flash area unless there's a separate flash chip with a default image. I tried to reflash the bootloader this morning but it just doesn't pick up the update off the usb and either loads to VIX or this german image. I would try to start again from scratch but the bloody thing won't let me

I am not discounting you, and as i said it is not unheard of to get a faulty unit from any manufacturer in any sector of the electronics industry, but as i said my receivers are in daily use and are pretty much rock solid, in fact i cant remember the last time i had a BSoD with either of them. if you believe you have a faulty unit then please contact TM directly and wait for their response, they are fairly quick to replace faulty units when presented with them.

Rob van der Does
10-02-13, 14:57
You've done the 'multiple-EXIT-trick' when powering up after a bootloader update?

art
10-02-13, 15:01
I am not discounting you, and as i said it is not unheard of to get a faulty unit from any manufacturer in any sector of the electronics industry, but as i said my receivers are in daily use and are pretty much rock solid, in fact i cant remember the last time i had a BSoD with either of them. if you believe you have a faulty unit then please contact TM directly and wait for their response, they are fairly quick to replace faulty units when presented with them.

I'm not home all week it's the Mr's and my lad that use the sat boxes so all I've had is grief since this one went in. Let's see what TM say ....I'll call them Monday and have the Mr's post it back. I'm more tha happy with the VUDOU+ and the VIX image so here's hoping in a week or so I'll be saying the same for the TMTWINOE

art
10-02-13, 15:13
You've done the 'multiple-EXIT-trick' when powering up after a bootloader update?

Yes Rob....but it either gets to the VIX splash and goes VIX all the way or it says "something V1.1" and boots into some German image. I did note it won't boot from update>tmtwinoe>cfe and would only boot from update>tmtwin>cfe.

Larry-G
10-02-13, 15:13
I'm not home all week it's the Mr's and my lad that use the sat boxes so all I've had is grief since this one went in. Let's see what TM say ....I'll call them Monday and have the Mr's post it back. I'm more tha happy with the VUDOU+ and the VIX image so here's hoping in a week or so I'll be saying the same for the TMTWINOE

as rob suggested when flashing the bootloader did you repeatedly press the exit button ?? this is required as it correctly formats the bootsector ( been a long time since i did mine so i'm not 100 percent of the exact procedure ).

Larry-G
10-02-13, 15:15
Yes Rob....but it either gets to the VIX splash and goes VIX all the way or it says "something V1.1" and boots into some German image. I did note it won't boot from update>tmtwinoe>cfe and would only boot from update>tmtwin>cfe.

The other image you see is the default non linux image that these boxes ship with as they are dual boot receivers, also by the fact that your box wont read updates in the update>tmtwinoe>cfe format means that it needs the latest bootloader flashing.

Rob van der Does
10-02-13, 15:25
The other image you see is the default non linux image that these boxes ship with as they are dual boot receivers, also by the fact that your box wont read updates in the update>tmtwinoe>cfe format means that it needs the latest bootloader flashing.
I agree. And the 'multiple-exit-trick' can easily be done wrong, also wit a result as Art has.

abu baniaz
10-02-13, 17:04
The other operating sytem is Linux, just not Enigma2. Someone had an issue where it would only operate in the non E2 mode and had to be replaced.

I suspect what TM will tell you will be similar to the following.

Download the bootloader from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/TM-TWIN-OE/ I hope you check the dates and download the November one. (A bit odd that the neweset one is at the bottom.)
Flash Bootloader. Switch off and leave off.
Remove USB from STB
Delete Update folder from USB stick.
Download latest openvix http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Twin-OE/ and transfer to USB
Insert USB and restart. It should take the update.
After update, restart and continuously press the EXIT button until the first Splash screen disappears and the second one starts.

art
10-02-13, 17:48
The other operating sytem is Linux, just not Enigma2. Someone had an issue where it would only operate in the non E2 mode and had to be replaced.

I suspect what TM will tell you will be similar to the following.

Download the bootloader from http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=Bootloaders/TM-TWIN-OE/ I hope you check the dates and download the November one. (A bit odd that the neweset one is at the bottom.)
Flash Bootloader. Switch off and leave off.
Remove USB from STB
Delete Update folder from USB stick.
Download latest openvix http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=TM-Twin-OE/ and transfer to USB
Insert USB and restart. It should take the update.
After update, restart and continuously press the EXIT button until the first Splash screen disappears and the second one starts.

I cannot get it to update anything....like I said it goes either VIX or non E2 image you talk about. The exit-trick isn't working! Thanks for your input though lads it's much appreciated :)

abu baniaz
10-02-13, 17:51
If it is not updating, last two checks:

Only 1 USB connected
USB in fat32 format

art
10-02-13, 20:15
If it is not updating, last two checks:

Only 1 USB connected
USB in fat32 format

used an old usb stick formatted fat32 and put latest PLI image as suggested by Tony from TM. Finally got it running PLI but tried then to get back to VIX and no go so I'm back with PLI. goddam thing is driving me crazy. See how it goes with PLI for a week!

abu baniaz
10-02-13, 21:34
What is the file structure of the update folder which installed?

What is the update folder of the Vix image that failed to install?

art
16-02-13, 09:08
PLI running for a week but....

root@tmtwinoesr:/media/hdd# ls
backup crossepg epg.dat imagebackups logs lost+found movie swapfile timeshift
root@tmtwinoesr:/media/hdd# cd logs
root@tmtwinoesr:/media/hdd/logs# ls
Enigma2-01-01-1970_01-00-52.log Enigma2-10-02-2013_13-09-41.log Enigma2-10-02-2013_13-09-51.log enigma2_crash_1359306726.log
Enigma2-01-01-1970_01-01-02.log Enigma2-10-02-2013_13-09-43.log Enigma2-10-02-2013_13-09-53.log enigma2_crash_1359402163.log
Enigma2-04-02-2013_18-45-11.log Enigma2-10-02-2013_13-09-44.log Enigma2-10-02-2013_13-09-54.log enigma2_crash_1359573419.log
Enigma2-08-02-2013_23-20-57.log Enigma2-10-02-2013_13-09-46.log Enigma2-26-01-2013_18-04-32.log enigma2_crash_1360003499.log
Enigma2-08-02-2013_23-21-35.log Enigma2-10-02-2013_13-09-47.log Enigma2-27-01-2013_17-12-25.log enigma2_crash_1360365683.log
Enigma2-09-02-2013_01-42-01.log Enigma2-10-02-2013_13-09-48.log Enigma2-28-01-2013_19-42-55.log enigma2_crash_1360374110.log
Enigma2-10-02-2013_11-53-26.log Enigma2-10-02-2013_13-09-50.log Enigma2-30-01-2013_19-17-17.log

Right this might be the source of my problems:

############################################

Found NAND on CS1: ACC=d3000000, cfg=56052300, flashId=adda1095, tim1=5363444f, tim2=00000fc6
BrcmNAND version = 0x0201 256MB @00000000
B4: NandSelect=50000200, nandConfig=56052300, chipSelect=1
brcmnand_read_id: CS1: dev_id=adda1095
After: NandSelect=50000200, nandConfig=56052300
Found NAND flash on Chip Select 1, chipSize=256MB, usable size=256MB, base=0
brcmnand_scan: B4 nand_select = 50000200
brcmnand_scan: After nand_select = 50000200
page_shift=11, bbt_erase_shift=17, chip_shift=28, phys_erase_shift=17
Brcm NAND controller version = 2.1 NAND flash size 256MB @10000000
ECC layout=brcmnand_oob_bch4_4k
brcmnand_scan: mtd->oobsize=64
brcmnand_scan: oobavail=50, eccsize=512, writesize=2048
brcmnand_scan, eccsize=512, writesize=2048, eccsteps=4, ecclevel=15, eccbytes=3
-->brcmnand_default_bbt
brcmnand_default_bbt: bbt_td = bbt_main_descr
Bad block table Bbt0 found at page 0001ffc0, version 0x01 for chip on CS1
Bad block table 1tbB found at page 0001ff80, version 0x01 for chip on CS1
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x00640000
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x00660000
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x00dc0000
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x01280000
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x01c80000
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x01ca0000
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x02340000
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x07620000
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x07640000
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x07660000
nand_read_bbt: Bad block at 0x080e0000
Creating 4 MTD partitions on "brcmnand.0":
0x000000000000-0x000002d00000 : "tmtwin"
0x000002d00000-0x00000eb00000 : "rootfs"
0x00000eb00000-0x00000f600000 : "bcmdrv"
0x00000f600000-0x00000ff00000 : "nkernel"
UBI: attaching mtd4 to ubi0
UBI: physical eraseblock size: 131072 bytes (128 KiB)
UBI: logical eraseblock size: 126976 bytes
UBI: smallest flash I/O unit: 2048
UBI: VID header offset: 2048 (aligned 2048)
UBI: data offset: 4096
ata2: SATA link down (SStatus 4 SControl 300)
UBI: max. sequence number: 839
UBI: attached mtd4 to ubi0
UBI: MTD device name: "rootfs"
UBI: MTD device size: 190 MiB
UBI: number of good PEBs: 1516
UBI: number of bad PEBs: 4
UBI: number of corrupted PEBs: 0
UBI: max. allowed volumes: 128
UBI: wear-leveling threshold: 4096
UBI: number of internal volumes: 1
UBI: number of user volumes: 1
UBI: available PEBs: 0
UBI: total number of reserved PEBs: 1516
UBI: number of PEBs reserved for bad PEB handling: 15
UBI: max/mean erase counter: 3/1
UBI: image sequence number: 79428163
UBI: background thread "ubi_bgt0d" started, PID 44
UBIFS: parse sync
UBIFS: mounted UBI device 0, volume 4, name "rootfs"
UBIFS: file system size: 188686336 bytes (184264 KiB, 179 MiB, 1486 LEBs)
UBIFS: journal size: 9023488 bytes (8812 KiB, 8 MiB, 72 LEBs)
UBIFS: media format: w4/r0 (latest is w4/r0)
UBIFS: default compressor: lzo
UBIFS: reserved for root: 0 bytes (0 KiB)
VFS: Mounted root (ubifs filesystem) on device 0:11.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 236k freed

##### FRONT ID & Version Check #####
[TM-TWIN]
[Front Version = 0 ]
####################################

input: TM-TWIN remote control (native) as /devices/virtual/input/input0
BRCM7335 Infra Red driver (Feb 8 2013-07:53:36)
Linux DVB BCM73xx FPGA CI Driver Release Time (08/02/13 07:53:36)
DVB: registering new adapter (brcm73350)
DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (BCM7335 DVB-S2)...
DVB: registering new adapter (brcm73351)
DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (BCM7335 DVB-S2)...
DVB: registering new adapter (brcm7335Dvr2)
DVB: registering new adapter (brcm7335Dvr3)
DVB: registering new adapter (brcm7335Dvr4)
Registering device 'sci', major '238'
Version of smartcard driver: [1.0.0]
usbcore: registered new interface driver ath9k_htc
usbcore: registered new interface driver carl9170
NET: Registered protocol family 10

rtw driver version=v3.3.0_2971.20111128
usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8192cu
r8712u: module is from the staging directory, the quality is unknown, you have been warned.
usbcore: registered new interface driver r8712u
usbcore: registered new interface driver rt2500usb
usbcore: registered new interface driver rt2800usb
usbcore: registered new interface driver rt73usb
usbcore: registered new interface driver rtl8187
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
USB Serial support registered for generic
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial_generic
usbserial: USB Serial Driver core
usbcore: registered new interface driver zd1211rw
EXT4-fs (sda1): mounted filesystem with ordered data mode. Opts: (null)
Undifined lcd ioctl 1015
eth0: no IPv6 routers present

################################################## #

so the flash has bad blocks which theroretically have been mapped out but how does this affect the new bootloader if it tries to create a bigger partition....I'll give Tony from TM a bell today and see if they can sort me another box.

art
24-02-13, 13:26
Right all sorted thanks to Jony from Technomate. The problem was not following the flash notes "precisely". I've gone a whole week without a crash or reboot. All problems relate to flash not being setup correctly....although I have to say it's somewhat a convoluted process to have the box operate properly. Thanks for those who gave input and help and to the chap who also had problems in this thread...i'll post a more concise set of details later on as im on the notepad at the moment

nipperlocko
26-02-13, 18:47
Hi there, I`m on build 600 but am having several recording problems and wondered am I the only one, my first issue is when 2 recordings are being made and I try to watch a recorded programme from hard drive it hangs forever and never starts, if I`m already watching something off the hard drive ans a programme starts to record it glitch`s and jumps a little,but if a second recording starts it`s unwatchable, I also cannot use permanent timeshift as this causes many problems too, I called technomate and they recommend using the 4D image, is this my only alternative or can this bug be fixed in the next build

abu baniaz
27-02-13, 23:03
If you did not have the issues on previous builds, you can always go back to an older image.

However, it would be handy to submit your debug logs so the developers can get to the bottom of the issue.

art
03-03-13, 10:45
Right all sorted thanks to Jony from Technomate. The problem was not following the flash notes "precisely". I've gone a whole week without a crash or reboot. All problems relate to flash not being setup correctly....although I have to say it's somewhat a convoluted process to have the box operate properly. Thanks for those who gave input and help and to the chap who also had problems in this thread...i'll post a more concise set of details later on as im on the notepad at the moment

Groan...spoke too soon. So it works alright for a week and I reorg the bouquets....now this week enigma has crashed several time and come to it this morning and it's not decoding. I restart CCcam and enigma crashes. Still not decoding so a reboot of the receiver sorts it. I'm fed up with this box BIG style. Not playing with it any more....it's going back to TM.

art
06-04-13, 18:01
...it went back to TM and they replaced the mainboard. Now its sweet as a nut running vix. An apology would have been nice but at least its working and functional.