PDA

View Full Version : ViXBMC Metropolis Skin **NEW** for VIX Images ONLY

markus625
24-12-12, 17:24
Guys

Thought it was about time i shared with you my latest skin call Metropolis that i have been working on the last 3months or so, Ive tried to keep this as close to a XBMC skin as possible, the skin is not over crammed with features but you have Vix_hd and magic_HD skins for this.

Take a look at the screenshots below to see how the skin looks.

Skin is in the feeds now and ready to download, please make sure you have the ViXBMC-common folder when you have downloaded your skin.

To check your skin has downloaded correctly open up a file browser and type in your box's ip address like this \\192.x.x.x\root\usr\share

mickyblueys
24-12-12, 17:29
I won't be using this....but I'd just like to say it does look extremely impressive!!

My wife is a complete techno-phobe......and I think it might send her over the edge if she had to learn something new again.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Raitsa
24-12-12, 17:37
Now thats a looker!

warajoker
24-12-12, 18:27
great skin but i have tried everyone on the feeds and im always changing back to vix night within minutes. not sure why

bassethound
24-12-12, 18:29
This is a great skin from markus625 i would highly recommend it to any one to try for them self

markus625
24-12-12, 20:12
This is a great skin from markus625 i would highly recommend it to any one to try for them self

Thanks mate

remember this skin is for all vix imaged boxes not just a Vu Duo..

greatcapp
28-12-12, 11:26
Am I missing it, or is there no ecm info available with this. It looks great BTW.

irishchris
28-12-12, 14:51
no most skins dont have ecm info in the infobar. but it does not take much for you to edit the skin.xml to add ecm info. this is definitely now my favoured skin and will be adding ecm info to it on my box as soon as i get a free minute over the holidays :)

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2

markus625
28-12-12, 18:57
Am I missing it, or is there no ecm info available with this. It looks great BTW.

I just press the blue key to get the shortcut menu for ecminfo, but im sure ecminfo only works for cccam and not mcamd.

Note to admin

Would,nt this thread be better in the vix area instead of in a vu duo skins section, as vix skins are not only for vu box's but many more makes of sat equipment, maybe a section under the vix section for skins so forum members can find it.

westentertainer
28-12-12, 19:23
nice skin just installed it,is there a way of making text in program's a little smaller they seem to be overlapping each other cheers
fonts i mean

markus625
28-12-12, 19:29
nice skin just installed it,is there a way of making text in program's a little smaller they seem to be overlapping each other cheers

You would have to modify it yourself im afraid, you could always post a screenshot of the issue and ill see if i can help you out coding it.

westentertainer
28-12-12, 19:45
just noticed its not crammed in your photos

markus625
28-12-12, 20:12
just noticed its not crammed in your photos

Are you on about this screen 22187 you need to press menu while in programee list then settings and change number of rows to about 7 or 8.

rossi2000
28-12-12, 20:15
no most skins dont have ecm info in the infobar. but it does not take much for you to edit the skin.xml to add ecm info. this is definitely now my favoured skin and will be adding ecm info to it on my box as soon as i get a free minute over the holidays :)

sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using tapatalk 2

any chance of the modification once your done please? ive just tried to do it but failed :(
i think just 1 line of ecm info on the secondinfobar next to the search button would be ideal.

unless markus can add it to the skin :)

markus625
28-12-12, 20:35
any chance of the modification once your done please? ive just tried to do it but failed :(
i think just 1 line of ecm info on the secondinfobar next to the search button would be ideal.

unless markus can add it to the skin :)

Ill take a look at it 2moro matey.

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 20:39
The SecondInfoBar can have all the ECM-Info.

rossi2000
28-12-12, 20:45
cheers.

just 1 more thing i noticed there are the extra icons for DD, 16:9 etc as only the crypt key is displayed on the infobar. id like to enable some extra icons.

ive tried to enable them by adding this to your xml

<ePixmap pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/icons/ico_format_off.png" position="625,695" size="40,21" zPosition="0" alphatest="blend"/>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/icons/ico_format_on.png" position="625,695" size="40,21" zPosition="3" alphatest="on">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsWidescreen</convert>
<convert type="ConditionalShowHide"/>
</widget>

but nothing is showing on the infobar after a restart of e2. can you notice anything wrong ive done?

rossi2000
28-12-12, 20:46
The SecondInfoBar can have all the ECM-Info.

that secondinfobar looks nothing like the metropolis one though.

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 20:51
Nope; just an example of what can be displayed by the SIB.

markus625
28-12-12, 21:28
cheers.

just 1 more thing i noticed there are the extra icons for DD, 16:9 etc as only the crypt key is displayed on the infobar. id like to enable some extra icons.

ive tried to enable them by adding this to your xml

<ePixmap pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/icons/ico_format_off.png" position="625,695" size="40,21" zPosition="0" alphatest="blend"/>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/icons/ico_format_on.png" position="625,695" size="40,21" zPosition="3" alphatest="on">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsWidescreen</convert>
</widget>

but nothing is showing on the infobar after a restart of e2. can you notice anything wrong ive done?

Those png's are not included in my icon folder, but you will find them in the Vix_Night_HD/icons folder, but i dont see why you want all these extra icons, the reason i came up with metropolis skin was to have it streamlined and not over clutered with icons which you dont need, I mean why do you want a Hd/SD icons or a widescreen icon as you can tell from the sourse or program selection if its a HD program etc etc.

Stanman
28-12-12, 21:34
I just press the blue key to get the shortcut menu for ecminfo, but im sure ecminfo only works for cccam and not mcamd.

Note to admin

Would,nt this thread be better in the vix area instead of in a vu duo skins section, as vix skins are not only for vu box's but many more makes of sat equipment, maybe a section under the vix section for skins so forum members can find it.

I've moved it to the VIX Team Image Support discussion forum for the time being

rossi2000
28-12-12, 21:39
just having a play around with the skin thats all.

i sussed out the problem, the icons arent in the icon folder, they are in the infobar folder :)

markus625
28-12-12, 21:46

Rob is cccam server the code below,

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="440,702" size="620,18" backgroundColor="secondBG" transparent="1" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="grey" font="Regular;14" halign="right">
<convert type="CryptoInfo">VerboseInfo</convert>
</widget>

Rob any idea what code i should use to get just the ecm time

rossi2000
28-12-12, 22:15
i dont think it needs cccam to be installed as i use oscam and i can see the ecm info in secondbar on the vix night hd skin.

the same code above is also in the vix_night skin xml

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" font="Regular;17" position="155,200" size="320,36" halign="left" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar-bkgrnd" transparent="1" noWrap="1" >
</widget>

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 22:15
Rob is cccam server the code below,
Yep

Rob any idea what code i should use to get just the ecm time
Nope, sorry.

markus625
28-12-12, 22:25
Yep

Nope, sorry.
Im pretty sure in a previous incarnation of yours or vix-hd that you could display the server and the ecm times etc.

Rob van der Does
28-12-12, 22:30
I looked in my eldest version; there I have in infobar

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="100,35" size="1080,24" backgroundColor="secondBG" transparent="1" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="secondFG" font="Regular;14" valign="center" halign="center">
</widget>

And in SecondInfoBar

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="50,45" size="600,66" backgroundColor="transpBlack" transparent="1" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="foreground" font="Regular;16" valign="top" halign="left">
<convert type="pliExpertInfo">ExpertInfo</convert>
</widget>

And a separate screen

<screen flags="wfNoBorder" name="EcmInfoScreen" position="0,0" size="755,25" title="ECM Info" backgroundColor="transpBlack" zPosition="-1">
<widget name="irdeto" position="0,0" size="15,25" font="Regular;16" text="I" valign="center" halign="center" borderColor="black" borderWidth="2" transparent="1" />
<widget name="seca" position="15,0" size="15,25" font="Regular;16" text="S" valign="center" halign="center" borderColor="black" borderWidth="2" transparent="1" />
<widget name="nagra" position="30,0" size="15,25" font="Regular;16" text="N" valign="center" halign="center" borderColor="black" borderWidth="2" transparent="1" />
<widget name="via" position="45,0" size="15,25" font="Regular;16" text="V" valign="center" halign="center" borderColor="black" borderWidth="2" transparent="1" />
<widget name="conax" position="60,0" size="30,25" font="Regular;16" text="CO" valign="center" halign="center" borderColor="black" borderWidth="2" transparent="1" />
<widget name="betacrypt" position="90,0" size="25,25" font="Regular;16" text="BC" valign="center" halign="center" borderColor="black" borderWidth="2" transparent="1" />
<widget name="crypto" position="115,0" size="35,25" font="Regular;16" text="CW" valign="center" halign="center" borderColor="black" borderWidth="2" transparent="1" />
<widget name="dreamcrypt" position="150,0" size="25,25" font="Regular;16" text="DC" valign="center" halign="center" borderColor="black" borderWidth="2" transparent="1" />
<widget name="nds" position="175,0" size="40,25" font="Regular;16" text="NDS" valign="center" halign="center" borderColor="black" borderWidth="2" transparent="1" />
<widget name="ecmInfo" position="225,0" size="530,25" font="Regular;16" valign="center" transparent="1" borderColor="black" borderWidth="2" noWrap="1" />
</screen>

That's all folks!

markus625
29-12-12, 00:07
i dont think it needs cccam to be installed as i use oscam and i can see the ecm info in secondbar on the vix night hd skin.

the same code above is also in the vix_night skin xml

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" font="Regular;17" position="155,200" size="320,36" halign="left" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="infobar-frgrnd" backgroundColor="infobar-bkgrnd" transparent="1" noWrap="1" >
</widget>

Try the code below for the 2ndinfobar and paste the code just before the </screen> text.

<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Pixmap" pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/icons/ico_crypt_on.png" position="500,679" size="40,21" zPosition="3" alphatest="on">
<convert type="ServiceInfo">IsCrypted</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="session.CurrentService" render="Label" position="560,670" size="500,40" backgroundColor="transpBlack" transparent="1" zPosition="3" foregroundColor="white" font="Ubuntu-Regular;16" valign="top" halign="left">
</widget>

rossi2000
29-12-12, 00:20
works a treat
cheers dude!

irishchris
29-12-12, 01:18
just in the door. was going to edit this tomorrow but seems markus beat me to it :D
agree is better not to over clutter this skin with hd/sd or widescreen icons etc. only change i will make to it for myself is to add crypt ecm info and snr/agc readouts on sib. oh and a clock in channel selection screen as is pretty important if you are trying to figure out what to watch :p
Apart from that for me its an ideal skin and big credit to markus for making it :thumbup:

markus625
29-12-12, 01:35
just in the door. was going to edit this tomorrow but seems markus beat me to it :D
agree is better not to over clutter this skin with hd/sd or widescreen icons etc. only change i will make to it for myself is to add crypt ecm info and snr/agc readouts on sib. oh and a clock in channel selection screen as is pretty important if you are trying to figure out what to watch :p
Apart from that for me its an ideal skin and big credit to markus for making it :thumbup:

Cheers dude

I agree with the channel selection with there being no clock, maybe a clock and now watching overlay over the Pig (videopicture) would work.

I can add the ecm info to the 2ndinfobar if its wanted, but dont need it myself as i just press the blue button shortcut to bring up the info.

Sicilian
29-12-12, 06:18
Great skin markus, finally got round to trying it, very nice indeed.

As couple of others have said, would be great to have ecm info on 2nd infobar.

markus625
29-12-12, 15:09
Ive added the time to the channel selection, ive put it in the top right hand corner for now.

The code is below and goes in the
<screen name="Ch_Selection3Template"> template

<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="1120,0" size="190,30" font="Ubuntu-Light; 28" halign="center" valign="top" foregroundColor="orange" backgroundColor="transpBlack" transparent="1" zPosition="3">
<convert type="ClockToText">Format:%H:%M</convert>
</widget>

westentertainer
29-12-12, 17:02
Are you on about this screen 22187 you need to press menu while in programee list then settings and change number of rows to about 7 or 8.
thats it now perfect cheers

stav81244
29-12-12, 21:40
Great skin Marcus.

Sorry i am new to editing skins but can you please let me know how to change the colours as I am getting all white on the channel number, channel name, and current program. The channel description keeps going off the screen if i have a channel with more than 2 lines of description. Also on page 3 the 2nd infobar explanation is listing but where does the data go as there is a few </screen>

your help is much appreciated.

drzaphod
30-12-12, 15:11
I must say I like this skin too. I have move to this instead of the default on in VXI. Nice work!

markus625
30-12-12, 15:55
Great skin Marcus.

Sorry i am new to editing skins but can you please let me know how to change the colours as I am getting all white on the channel number, channel name, and current program. The channel description keeps going off the screen if i have a channel with more than 2 lines of description. Also on page 3 the 2nd infobar explanation is listing but where does the data go as there is a few </screen>

your help is much appreciated.

Not really understanding you, adjusting a skin is a tricky business and even i dont understand much about it, might be better for you to show some screenshots of what you mean, but its hard to please everyone.

Raitsa
30-12-12, 17:02
Hey markus625, any chance to see this cool skin as an OpenPLi version?

Larry-G
30-12-12, 17:16
Hey markus625, any chance to see this cool skin as an OpenPLi version?

There is nothing stopping Pli from adapting the skin to their needs, sadly though the last attempt made by a member of the ViX team to adapt a skin for them ended in a bit of a ruckus as it was met with hate ( and i dont use that word lightly ) and disdain at every turn. Pli or some one else would have to take the initiative and adapt the skin them selves rather than us doing it for them.

markus625
30-12-12, 18:14
My skin is only based on the others ie Vix-HD and magic-HD, its only the graphics which was designed in fireworks and photoshop which make it stand out, so nothink special.

markus625
30-12-12, 18:53
Guys any idea where i start to code a screen for 1channel, ive looked within Root/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/1channel/ and cant see any xml markup in any of the files there.

river-rat
30-12-12, 19:15
love the skin, but there was a reason i removed it, i have to add it again and do the feedback, great work

Rob van der Does
30-12-12, 19:53
Guys any idea where i start to code a screen for 1channel, ive looked within Root/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/1channel/ and cant see any xml markup in any of the files there.
Look in Magic-HD: all 7 screens have been skinned.

judge
30-12-12, 23:51
Hi Markus, just wondering should the IMDB screens be skinned?
Thought I saw a screenie somewhere with it done?
Using build 539 & fresh install of the skin from the feeds, imdb isn't skinned.

markus625
31-12-12, 00:12
Hi Markus, just wondering should the IMDB screens be skinned?
Thought I saw a screenie somewhere with it done?
Using build 539 & fresh install of the skin from the feeds, imdb isn't skinned.

No i didnt skin it as i thought the imdb plugin was broken.

judge
31-12-12, 00:20
No i didnt skin it as i thought the imdb plugin was broken.

ah, not sure where I saw the screenie so...
IMDB plugin is up & down, working again on latest builds but not great with search results.
Also, the auto timers screens, long green still needs to be done?

markus625
31-12-12, 00:24
Also, the auto timers screens, long green still needs to be done?

Not used auto timers what does long green do?

judge
31-12-12, 00:31
It shows any auto timers (like sky series link) you have set,
should look pretty similar to the timers screen.
It also has help screens that should be included in the skin.
No worries if you don't want to add these, just letting you know they are in the default skins & would look a lot better if skinned in your skin.

markus625
31-12-12, 00:40
It shows any auto timers (like sky series link) you have set,
should look pretty similar to the timers screen.
It also has help screens that should be included in the skin.
No worries if you don't want to add these, just letting you know they are in the default skins & would look a lot better if skinned in your skin.

yeh its something i have to do after the new year now.

On the imdb screen, its a very limited in how you can skin it, the plugin has very limited features to make it look anything like a xbmc skin like below.]

22212 22213 22214

judge
31-12-12, 00:48
no worries mate, just playing around with it again finally tonight.
It's a great skin & nice to have in the VIX feeds, so thank you.
Mount Manager is another screen that would be nice to be Metropolis'd... Blue button -> VIX -> Mount Manager.
Haven't been through most of the screens yet, so not even sure if you want us listing the ones that would look good skinned or if we have a dev thread for that?

MarsArtis
31-12-12, 16:47
I'm very impressed by the design.
Together with Magic-HD skin this one is a milestone.

Elegant, readable, well organized. Hopefully as stable as Rob's Magic ones.

GAH2402
31-12-12, 18:30
Hi,

Keen to try out this skin, but when I try to download the plugin, I keep being told the feeds are down for maintenance. I do realize they may indeed be down, but I've tried 5 times in the last 3 says and keep getting the same result!

Is it just me (Vu Duo on build 539)?

GAH

judge
03-01-13, 00:21
yeh its something i have to do after the new year now.

Just checked on build 546 & auto timer screen is done, thanks Markus.
One thing it's missing is the auto-timer channel though, a handy bit of info.

22290 22291

Also, the import auto-timer screen would be nice Metropolis'd as it's a default screen when adding auto-timers.

markus625
03-01-13, 01:15
Just checked on build 546 & auto timer screen is done, thanks Markus.
One thing it's missing is the auto-timer channel though, a handy bit of info.

22290 22291

Also, the import auto-timer screen would be nice Metropolis'd as it's a default screen when adding auto-timers.

Im slowly working on the screens so updating them shortly,

judge
03-01-13, 01:19
Im slowly working on the screens so updating them shortly,

No worries Markus, it's a great skin & obviously takes a lot of time & effort, so thanks for doing what you have done so far.

markus625
03-01-13, 12:40
Some more autotimer screens completed.

22304 22305 22306 22307 22308

scwheeler
03-01-13, 12:53
Excellent work Markus - as some who flicks back and forth between my OpenElec XBMC box anything that makes it seem more integrated with the Vu is awesome. Thanks.

I had started work on an Avalonis skin - no need to finish in now!! Or at least no rush :)

One ask if possible - Until changing to this skin I had no idea how much I viewed the next program on the info bar. I know you can bring it up with another press, but find i'm doing this every time. Any way this could be integrated in?

Thanks, Steve

markus625
03-01-13, 12:57
Excellent work Markus - as some who flicks back and forth between my OpenElec XBMC box anything that makes it seem more integrated with the Vu is awesome. Thanks.

I had started work on an Avalonis skin - no need to finish in now!! Or at least no rush :)

One ask if possible - Until changing to this skin I had no idea how much I viewed the next program on the info bar. I know you can bring it up with another press, but find i'm doing this every time. Any way this could be integrated in?

Thanks, Steve

Not in my infobar as it makes it too clutered.

markus625
03-01-13, 19:47
Ive added some 1Channel screens for those who have the plugin.

What would be good would be to have the author name and plugin version on the right if thats available within the plugin etc.

22319 22320 22321

The help screen appears to have the help text behind the blue panel background for some reason.

<screen name="ShowHelp" position="0,0" size="1280,720" flags="wfNoBorder" title="1channel" backgroundColor="transparent">
<ePixmap pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/osd/1ch-left-bg-fs8.png" position="46,65" size="635,586" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend"/>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/osd/1ch-right-bg-fs8.png" position="704,65" size="521,586" zPosition="1" alphatest="blend"/>
<ePixmap pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/osd/1ch-logo-fs8.png" position="791,112" size="327,235" zPosition="2" alphatest="blend"/>
<widget name="myLabel" position="61,88" size="609,545" itemHeight="28" font="Ubuntu-Regular;26" selectionPixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/osd/list_selected-845px-fs8.png" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="background2" transparent="0" scrollbarMode="showOnDemand" enableWrapAround="1" zPosition="20"/>

<widget source="Title" foregroundColor="white" render="Label" position="791,73" size="327,40" backgroundColor="background2" transparent="1" zPosition="4" font="Ubuntu-Regular;28" halign="center" valign="center"/>
</screen>

greatcapp
04-01-13, 17:46
This really is one of the best skins I've seen. I'll be trying it again tonight :-)

Having just read through the post, I can't work out if the ecm info has been added already, or if i'd need to copy & paste some code into the skin.xml myself?

Great work Markus. Really 1st class.

markus625
04-01-13, 18:24
This really is one of the best skins I've seen. I'll be trying it again tonight :-)

Having just read through the post, I can't work out if the ecm info has been added already, or if i'd need to copy & paste some code into the skin.xml myself?

Great work Markus. Really 1st class.

ECM info has been added to the 2nd infobar and has been integrated in the feeds so no need to modify the skin.

GAH2402
06-01-13, 11:38
Hi Markus625,

Well impressd with your skin!

However, I have a small issue. In the attached screen shot (it's one of yours), my channel list in the top right corner is all squashed up. I guess it's a font setting on my box, any idea where I should look?

Thanks,
GAH

judge
06-01-13, 13:41
Hi Markus625,

However, I have a small issue. In the attached screen shot (it's one of yours), my channel list in the top right corner is all squashed up. I guess it's a font setting on my box, any idea where I should look?

Thanks,
GAH

When in that screen, press the menu button & change no. of channels shown

GAH2402
06-01-13, 15:46
Hi Judge,

Thanks for that! I assumed it was a setting I had changed, didn't think to look for a setting in the actual screen!

Regards,
GAH

bjorntj
06-01-13, 23:49
This looks good and I installed it on my box... But I find the font way too big... Can I adjust that somehow?

Regards,

BTJ

judge
07-01-13, 00:05
Try pressing Menu in the various screens to see what font sizes can be adjusted.

bazzar1206
07-01-13, 12:50
First of all, Markus, AMAZING skin! Simply the best one out there.

I've had a little play with it myself - here's what I have done. All credit goes to you for the hard work you've put into it and I hope you don't mind me putting this up, it's just that someone asked for the "next" so I thought I would share. Just say and I will remove my edits. It's taken me ages to do a few minor changes so respect to the hours you must have put into the creation. It's all based on the latest update (With the 1Channel page)

Placed a "Next" program (as the wife was moaning)
Made the fonts the same (as I'm a bit OCDy) and moved them about slightly
Removed the Satellite degrees (as I only have one and already know what it is)
Edited the Picon location and size of the image (the file "picon_holder-fs8.png" has to be replaced in the OSD folder within the skin directory.)

Download -
Skin.xml (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzirfpfLfIDJNlRTbWRpQnFWU2M)
picon_holder-fs8.png (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzirfpfLfIDJVXZDU1ZkMDNYY3M)

Larry-G
07-01-13, 14:09
First of all, Markus, AMAZING skin! Simply the best one out there.

I've had a little play with it myself - here's what I have done. All credit goes to you for the hard work you've put into it and I hope you don't mind me putting this up, it's just that someone asked for the "next" so I thought I would share. Just say and I will remove my edits. It's taken me ages to do a few minor changes so respect to the hours you must have put into the creation. It's all based on the latest update (With the 1Channel page)

Placed a "Next" program (as the wife was moaning)
Made the fonts the same (as I'm a bit OCDy) and moved them about slightly
Removed the Satellite degrees (as I only have one and already know what it is)
Edited the Picon location and size of the image (the file "picon_holder-fs8.png" has to be replaced in the OSD folder within the skin directory.)

Download -
Skin.xml (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzirfpfLfIDJNlRTbWRpQnFWU2M)
picon_holder-fs8.png (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BzirfpfLfIDJVXZDU1ZkMDNYY3M)

we always welcome and respect those with the drive to investigate and have a play for them selves. so big thanks for your alterations, they may not be to every ones liking but some will like and use them.

bassethound
07-01-13, 17:42
Nice work bazzar1206 :thumbsup: you can never have enough people with skinning skills for E2 boxes

afc_rich
07-01-13, 18:59
Hi Markus625,

Thanks,
GAH

GAH, when in the channel list press:

Menu - Settings - Number of Rows

Decrease the number to space out the channel selection and make it less squished :-)

afc_rich
07-01-13, 20:22
Loving the new skin.

Couple of things I have noticed that could possibly be changed - if you see fit :)

1) Within the graphical EPG there isn't enough room to display the bouquets names fully - See screenshot

2) The key at the bottom of the graphical EPG is missing the following:
Red- IMdb
Yellow - EPG Search
Blue- AutoTimer

3) When accessing the menu/sub menus half the screen is missing. Would it be feasible to have the full picture shrunk into the available space (a bit like the channel preview in the channel guide)

Thank you for all your effort

markus625
08-01-13, 11:46
Cant make any changes at the moment due to being away on hols and dont have a box to experiment on as dont wanna make changes in code without seeing the results.

Thanks for everyone who likes the skin I know it wont suit everyone's tastes and different users will like parts of the skin and would like changes on other parts etc like font size/color or more buttons etc etc remember the idea of the skin is an uncluttered screen with just the right information available at your fingertips.

I do wanna try and keep the skin to everyones tastes as you could very easily end up with different versions, what i would suggest if anyone wants to make any mods you could post those in the sub forum 'skinning'

I will continue to watch and listen and update the skin as i get time to do so.

stav81244
11-01-13, 21:55
Great skin mate

Can anyone please tell me how to add the speed to fast forward/rewind when i playback recordings

Tkr001
11-01-13, 22:19
setup>system>user interface>settings>show pvr status in movieplayer info bar set to no

andyblac
13-01-13, 16:41
setup>system>user interface>settings>show pvr status in movieplayer info bar set to no

?? that will not effect speed for FF/RR

Tkr001
13-01-13, 20:23
But it displays it on the screen. Try it set to yes and no to see what I mean.

stav81244
13-01-13, 20:42
The skin does only has the fwd and rwd not the speed i am doing it at which is why i was asking how to amend the skin to get these on there

andyblac
14-01-13, 00:57
The skin does only has the fwd and rwd not the speed i am doing it at which is why i was asking how to amend the skin to get these on there

in ViX default skins this info is shown.

Rob van der Does
14-01-13, 07:14
You don't have to amend the skin: just use the setting 'no' as stated above.

andyblac
14-01-13, 17:35
You don't have to amend the skin: just use the setting 'no' as stated above.

no need to set it to NO, unless using a skin that does not support PVR in infobar, and imo all skins should support this, as it can be optional using that setting, so why not add support in the skin for it.

markus625
14-01-13, 17:41
no need to set it to NO, unless using a skin that does not support PVR in infobar, and imo all skins should support this, as it can be optional using that setting, so why not add support in the skin for it.

Sorry andy, have i missed something in my coding of the skin.xml

Rob van der Does
14-01-13, 20:31

Sorry andy, have i missed something in my coding of the skin.xml
Nope: Magic-HD & HD-light don't support that as I don't like it. So the set-to-no is needed.

andyblac
14-01-13, 21:18
Nope: Magic-HD & HD-light don't support that as I don't like it. So the set-to-no is needed.

why not give people the choice ?

Rob van der Does
15-01-13, 06:53
why not give people the choice ?
I make the skin to my liking; after all that's what skinning is about. And I didn't find any icon that would suit the skin. But if you can point me to suitable icons, I'll be happy to add them.

andyblac
15-01-13, 12:25
I make the skin to my liking; after all that's what skinning is about. And I didn't find any icon that would suit the skin. But if you can point me to suitable icons, I'll be happy to add them.

whats wrong with the default ones ?, they are the universal play, ff, rw, pause

markus625
15-01-13, 12:45
Ive added the speed now to the movieplayer screen must have forgot about this, anyway code below and also updated git.

<widget name="speed" position="710,80" size="80,25" font="Regular;20" halign="left" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="background2" transparent="1" zPosition="12" />

Rob van der Does
15-01-13, 12:50
whats wrong with the default ones ?, they are the universal play, ff, rw, pause
OK, I agree, will add them.

Wizard55
22-01-13, 21:09
@markus625. love the skin great work.When installed in screenshot 09 from the first post of this thread, is all messed up on my box. My box is et9000. The fonts are all on top off each other. Using lastest vix build.

Thanks
:)

Wizard55
26-01-13, 13:28
Hi, tried this skin on another box same issue. When I hit up arrow the fonts overlap. Not like your screenshot in first post . Very nice skin would love to use, if can tell me how to fix it.

Also when I return to vix skin, and run crossepg the boot logo screen that used to appear is gone. Is there a way to get this back.

Thanks

Wiz

markus625
27-01-13, 11:57
@markus625. love the skin great work.When installed in screenshot 09 from the first post of this thread, is all messed up on my box. My box is et9000. The fonts are all on top off each other. Using lastest vix build.

Thanks
:)
Its a common issue, when in channel list mode press menu go to settings and adjust the number of rows to about 7, this should cure the lines overlapping.

markus625
27-01-13, 12:01
Also when I return to vix skin, and run crossepg the boot logo screen that used to appear is gone. Is there a way to get this back.

Wiz

Not completly sure what you mean by this, is this a problem with my skin or the vix-hd skin.

I asume that when you run crossepg you should get the boot logo i.e that snowy scene and some music playing, while its updating etc.

markus625
29-01-13, 14:26
Ive added a new YouView mod to the skin, this just has different graphicalepg and eventview screens, so you can choose which style you want from the skins menu.

Its much easier to manage also.

23080 23081

bassethound
29-01-13, 14:46
great YouView mods markus :thumbsup:

markus625
29-01-13, 14:55
Wouldnt be a problem when downloading the metropolis skin would it if it had two skins in one download.

within the metropolis skin folder is the obviously the skin.xml and a new folder called youview-mod which contains the skin.xml for the youview mod.

Delagroov
29-01-13, 15:11
Wouldnt be a problem when downloading the metropolis skin would it if it had two skins in one download.

within the metropolis skin folder is the obviously the skin.xml and a new folder called youview-mod which contains the skin.xml for the youview mod.

How do you select when inside another skin folder...and how does e2 see your youview skin? Did you test if this works(never seen this without a plugin to switch)

markus625
29-01-13, 15:32
How do you select when inside another skin folder...and how does e2 see your youview skin? Did you test if this works(never seen this without a plugin to switch)

I do this also for testing new skins so i dont play around with my functional skin.

Heres a screenshot of my skin-setup screen, it picks it i guess it just looks for a skin.xml file in the folders.

s1m0nw
29-01-13, 16:22
I reckon this would go rather nicely with the vix night skin.

Can it be done?

Great work markus

markus625
29-01-13, 16:33
I reckon this would go rather nicely with the vix night skin.

Can it be done?

Great work markus

If you was to download the skin, you might be able to add the screens from this skin to the vix-night skin but making sure to transfer the color and fonts over also, probably not to be done if you havent modified skins before as you could end up with a boot loop.

s1m0nw
29-01-13, 16:41
Ill give it a go on one of my boxes that rarely gets used.

I got to start somewhere lol and i only learn by breaking and then fixing lol.

Is it just a case of copying contents from one folder to another?

markus625
29-01-13, 17:07
Ill give it a go on one of my boxes that rarely gets used.

I got to start somewhere lol and i only learn by breaking and then fixing lol.

Is it just a case of copying contents from one folder to another?

First things is you need a decent editor i use AltovaXMLSpy which you can download a 30 day trial
http://www.altova.com/download-trial.html

First you need to make a backup of the skin.xml files in both skins
Then you need to open both skin.xml's from vix-hd and my metropolis mod in xmlspy

You will need to copy and replace the screens below.

GraphicalEPG
GraphicalEPGPIG
EventViewSimple
EventView

You will also need to make sure the skin you are copying over the new screens have the fonts and colors used in the donor skin i.e Ubuntu-Regular, Robo-Regular etc

Hope the above makes sense.

Delagroov
29-01-13, 18:38
I do this also for testing new skins so i dont play around with my functional skin.

Heres a screenshot of my skin-setup screen, it picks it i guess it just looks for a skin.xml file in the folders.

Did not know it worked this way also..good to know

Wizard55
30-01-13, 08:15
Sorry Markus

Sorry Markus been away,

1. I downloaded your skin. Loved it. Pressed the up arrow and fonts over laped. I do a screenshot later.
2. I switched back to vix hd skin, but then when cross epg downloads the snowey screen is gone, and the epg colours are more like yours.

Thanks if you can help, or I just do a restore from backup.:eek:

Not completly sure what you mean by this, is this a problem with my skin or the vix-hd skin.

I asume that when you run crossepg you should get the boot logo i.e that snowy scene and some music playing, while its updating etc.

markus625
30-01-13, 11:58
Sorry Markus

Sorry Markus been away,

1. I downloaded your skin. Loved it. Pressed the up arrow and fonts over laped. I do a screenshot later.
2. I switched back to vix hd skin, but then when cross epg downloads the snowey screen is gone, and the epg colours are more like yours.

Thanks if you can help, or I just do a restore from backup.:eek:

I believe the issue with the snowey sceene missing is with the image, as its has been reported as a bug in the latest image.

The fonts overlapiing in the channel list did you read my first answer in post 90, you press menu, settings and change number of rows to about 8 or what ever is comfortable to read.

Hope this helps.

Wizard55
30-01-13, 19:49
Hi Markus,

Apologies i didnt read post 90 re font. i cant test as feeds are set to unstable and you skin is missing. is there a download version or will i wait for feeds to come up again. sorry again dodnt know how i missed it.:thumbsup:

markus625
30-01-13, 19:56
Did not know it worked this way also..good to know

Can anyone let me know if my skin is in the feeds, just wondering if ive broke something.

Wizard55
30-01-13, 20:00
Skin not in feeds ....

Can anyone let me know if my skin is in the feeds, just wondering if ive broke something.

judge
30-01-13, 20:05
Skin not in feeds ....

It is in the feeds. Are you sure you don't have it installed?

markus625
30-01-13, 20:06
Ok for now here's a zip from the github.

markus625
30-01-13, 20:08
It is in the feeds. Are you sure you don't have it installed?

Actually i looked earlier today and didnt see it there, and i only have the metropolis skin downloaded and not the night or slim versions.

Wizard55
30-01-13, 20:08
Just did an update and its back.. It's wasn't there before update.

markus625
30-01-13, 20:10
Just did an update and its back.. It's wasn't there before update.

Ok if you download metropolis you should see the main skin and a Mod skin in the youview-mod folder.

wezlyons
03-02-13, 17:21
Fantastic skin, thanks a lot.

madaboutlotus
06-02-13, 16:49
Hi
Where is the 'feed' to download this skin. I have looked through my Vix menu on the box and cannot find anything. Bound to be a simple answer anyone.

Larry-G
06-02-13, 16:56
Should be in the plugins feeds under the ViX heading.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

madaboutlotus
06-02-13, 17:06
Pheonix
Can't see any Skin plugins in my box unless there is something that I have forgot to enable to show additional plugins. I'll do screen dump and post later.
Cheers

marsh
06-02-13, 17:10
Hi Markus .

Firstly a big thank you for a great looking skin !!

I'm a newbie to this forum and to the whole satellite thing in general but I am a software engineer by trade and very keen to try and use the your youview quickepg style from this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25322-Youview-style-Quickepg-infobar on your ViXBMC Metropolis Skin youview mod .

Firstly, would you mind if I used it ?

If not, can I simply replace ViX_Night_HD_EPG_mod with ViXBMC _Metropolis_yourview-mod in the QuickEPG screen form the youview-quickepg xml and the add that to the skin xml ?
Obviouly copying the new images etc to the correct locations.

Also might be a silly question, but on the bottom of the infobar/epg you have buttons to show next channel or bouquet change , do those buttons actually work? if so how do I access them from my remote?

Many thanks
Marsh

Larry-G
06-02-13, 17:11
Pheonix
Can't see any Skin plugins in my box unless there is something that I have forgot to enable to show additional plugins. I'll do screen dump and post later.
Cheers

Im at work at the moment and not near a receiver to check, but if you go to the plugins section menu> plugins. And look for the ViX heading in there.

markus625
06-02-13, 17:26
Hi Markus .

Firstly a big thank you for a great looking skin !!

I'm a newbie to this forum and to the whole satellite thing in general but I am a software engineer by trade and very keen to try and use the your youview quickepg style from this post http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?25322-Youview-style-Quickepg-infobar on your ViXBMC Metropolis Skin youview mod .

Firstly, would you mind if I used it ?

If not, can I simply replace ViX_Night_HD_EPG_mod with ViXBMC _Metropolis_yourview-mod in the QuickEPG screen form the youview-quickepg xml and the add that to the skin xml ?
Obviouly copying the new images etc to the correct locations.

Also might be a silly question, but on the bottom of the infobar/epg you have buttons to show next channel or bouquet change , do those buttons actually work? if so how do I access them from my remote?

Many thanks
Marsh

Yes you can use the quickepg mod, i guess you would just have to update the skin xml so that the fonts and images point to where you have put the image folder.

With the epg the buttons are just a image and a reference and i need to update this as the epg has changed now.

marsh
06-02-13, 17:43
Yes you can use the quickepg mod, i guess you would just have to update the skin xml so that the fonts and images point to where you have put the image folder.

With the epg the buttons are just a image and a reference and i need to update this as the epg has changed now.

Thanks for that, I will try it out and see how I get on.

One other question I forgot to ask, the quick epg and menus don't fill my screen and on the channel list the actual picture is showing through outside of the preview box on the top left.
Is there somehwre I can change the size for all of these thing or do I have to it on each screen ?

markus625
06-02-13, 18:02
Thanks for that, I will try it out and see how I get on.

One other question I forgot to ask, the quick epg and menus don't fill my screen and on the channel list the actual picture is showing through outside of the preview box on the top left.
Is there somehwre I can change the size for all of these thing or do I have to it on each screen ?

Can you post some screenshots of the problems, as this may help to identify the problem.

marsh
06-02-13, 18:40
When I grab a screenshot form open webif it looks ok, so I took some quick pics with phone.

marsh
07-02-13, 15:02
When I grab a screenshot form open webif it looks ok, so I took some quick pics with phone.

Just to update eyou, I have managed to get around this problem , by changing the User Interface settings to make everything bigger.
Doesn't llok as good as before as some of the graphics seem stretched, but at least it fills the screen correctly now.

markus625
07-02-13, 15:52
Just to update eyou, I have managed to get around this problem , by changing the User Interface settings to make everything bigger.
Doesn't llok as good as before as some of the graphics seem stretched, but at least it fills the screen correctly now.

It does look to me like you havent got the Gui ratio set correctly , have a look in system,user interface, position setup this is where you can fill the screen and move it up/down left/right etc.

marsh
07-02-13, 20:34
It does look to me like you havent got the Gui ratio set correctly , have a look in system,user interface, position setup this is where you can fill the screen and move it up/down left/right etc.

Thanks Markus , that's exactly what I've done.

On the other question, I have successfully managed to combine your YouView quick epg into this skin and I really like the look of it!!

I'm just having one small issue, on the List widget the selected events' Text is always Yellow, is there a way I can change that just for the quick epg and if not how do I change it Globally?

Here is the xml for the screen:

<screen name="QuickEPG" flags="wfNoBorder" position="0,520" size="1280,143" title="InfoBar" backgroundColor="transparent">
<ePixmap pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/youviewMarsh-mod/epg/Youview-Quickepg-infobar-blue2.png" position="0,0" size="1280,143" zPosition="-1"/>
<widget source="Service" render="Picon" position="48,53" size="60,36" transparent="0" zPosition="2" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="Service" render="Label" position="110,53" size="248,35" font="Ubuntu-Regular; 27" valign="center" halign="center" noWrap="1" foregroundColor="ivorywhite" backgroundColor="background2" transparent="1" zPosition="2">
<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="396,4" size="360,25" font="Ubuntu-Regular; 24" foregroundColor="ivorywhite" backgroundColor="background2" halign="Leftt" transparent="1" zPosition="1">
<convert type="ClockToText">Date</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="710,4" size="250,25" backgroundColor="background2" font="Ubuntu-Regular; 24" foregroundColor="ivorywhite" transparent="1" zPosition="1">
<convert type="ClockToText">Format:%-H:%M</convert>
</widget>

<!--<widget name="list" position="395,0" size="785,132" selectionPixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/youviewMarsh-mod/epg/Youview-quickepg-overlay.png" font="Ubuntu-Light; 24" foregroundColor="lightgrey" foregroundColorEvent="white" backgroundColorEvent="white" foregroundColorEventSelected="white" backgroundColor="background2" transparent="1" zPosition="3"/>-->
<widget name="list" position="396,44" size="780,100" selectionPixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/youviewMarsh-mod/epg/Youview-quickepg-overlay.png" font="Ubuntu-Light; 24" foregroundColor="white" foregroundColorEvent="white" backgroundColorEvent="white" foregroundColorEventSelected="white" backgroundColor="background2" transparent="1" zPosition="3"/>

<!--<ePixmap pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/buttons/blue.png" position="1200,60" size="18,18" alphatest="blend"/>-->
<!--<widget name="key_blue" position="1187,40" size="100,22" font="Ubuntu-Regular; 22" foregroundColor="ivorywhite" backgroundColor="background2" halign="left" transparent="1" zPosition="1"/>-->
</screen>

Here is a screenshot of how it looks at the moment:

Eventually I will also modify some of the menus and infobar to match, once I figure out where everything is.

I really appreciate you help on this.

markus625
07-02-13, 21:12

On the other question, I have successfully managed to combine your YouView quick epg into this skin and I really like the look of it!!

I'm just having one small issue, on the List widget the selected events' Text is always Yellow, is there a way I can change that just for the quick epg and if not how do I change it Globally?

I think you can only change the color globably as i found out, if you have a look in the skin you find two statements below.

<color name="ListboxSelectedForeground" color="selectedFG"/>

and

<color name="secondFG" value="#00879ce1"/>

If you change the color above to something like a softwhite or light gray this will look better.

Also have a look at the code in the widget list.

foregroundColor="white" foregroundColorEvent="white" backgroundColorEvent="white" foregroundColorEventSelected="white" backgroundColor="background2"

try removing some of the above and see what effect it has.

stav81244
07-02-13, 21:24
Looks good guys well done. Was going to do a muck up of what you have done but yours looks really good.

markus625
07-02-13, 22:29
Looks good guys well done. Was going to do a muck up of what you have done but yours looks really good.

For anyone wanting to modify the mod its below.

and the epg mod below

Delagroov
08-02-13, 10:29
I think you can only change the color globably as i found out, if you have a look in the skin you find two statements below.

<color name="ListboxSelectedForeground" color="selectedFG"/>

and

<color name="secondFG" value="#00879ce1"/>

If you change the color above to something like a softwhite or light gray this will look better.

Also have a look at the code in the widget list.

foregroundColor="white" foregroundColorEvent="white" backgroundColorEvent="white" foregroundColorEventSelected="white" backgroundColor="background2"

try removing some of the above and see what effect it has.

You can change it globally or add a new color, but also inside a screen/widget

So example quickepg: you use foregroundColorEventSelected="#DBB96E"

markus625
08-02-13, 11:33

Delagroov if you have a look at post 124 the list widget already has the foregroundColorEventSelected="white" but this made no differance, ive tried this my self and allthru it works with the epg graphicalepg screen it seems to have no effect on the quickepg screen.

marsh
08-02-13, 13:08

I tried that, but it doesn't work. The only way I got it to change was to do what Markus suggested and changed the ListboxSelectedForeground , which changes it globally.

Now that I have done that, the text is white, but it is not very clear and has jagged edges. I will experiment with different fonts to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks again to both of you for the help.

Delagroov
08-02-13, 13:12
Oh sorry guys..did miss the part you already tried ..

Hmm have to look my self in the Quickepg plugin.py file which entries are configurable then.

Did you add foregroundColorEventSelected yourself to the list of QuickEpg, because after looking at my skin or andy's skin it does not have that entry.

So i think its not defined and you can t use it.

marsh
08-02-13, 13:21
Markus,

Is there any chance you will be willing to share the original graphic files you made?
I use Photoshop, but also have Fireworks, although not used to using it much.

I would like to use some of them to change some of the other screens and it would be much quicker than making them all from scratch.

marsh
08-02-13, 14:34
Oh sorry guys..did miss the part you already tried ..

Hmm have to look my self in the Quickepg plugin.py file which entries are configurable then.

Did you add foregroundColorEventSelected yourself to the list of QuickEpg, because after looking at my skin or andy's skin it does not have that entry.

So i think its not defined and you can t use it.

Yes, I added it myself, to try and see if I could change it only for the QuickEpg as opposed to globally.

markus625
08-02-13, 14:50
I tried that, but it doesn't work. The only way I got it to change was to do what Markus suggested and changed the ListboxSelectedForeground , which changes it globally.

Now that I have done that, the text is white, but it is not very clear and has jagged edges. I will experiment with different fonts to see if it makes any difference.

Thanks again to both of you for the help.

Just try basic such as fontcolor and vbackground color

marsh
13-02-13, 17:49
Hi Markus

Here is what I have managed to do so far. ( only changed the epg, Infobars and the top level menus)
Have tried to keep it as close to the actual YouView OSD as possible.

Please let me know what you think, I would appreciate any suggestions for improvement.

markus625
14-02-13, 22:33
Sorry guys I have been really busy this week, started a new job and dont get much time now to experiment with the skin etc.

When the weekend arrives ill upload the firework master graphic png's so you guys can experiential with it.

TK4|2|1
18-03-13, 10:23
Love this skin on my 2T.............that is all..........carry on.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

garryboy
18-03-13, 13:59
I love the metropolis look in my vu duo but since the skin modifications on the new image have been done it doesnt work 100%

The program information doesnt display during playback of s recording

And some epg graphics are a bit out

Will the skin be updated?

foufana
20-03-13, 19:29
thank you very much good job

TK4|2|1
22-03-13, 10:46
I hope you can update this skin dude, I find I have to switch back to the default vix image to complete some things. For instance backup manager, I don't get the colour options (red, green, blue, yellow). This also appends in other menus, but I can't recall which atm.
Using on Technomate TM-2T.

stav81244
26-03-13, 17:27
Anyone got close to creating/completing the youview skin?

scwheeler
26-03-13, 20:56
Would be very keen on updated youtube skin as can't make it work on new build.

markus625
26-03-13, 21:43
I havent got the time now to update the skin with all the new developments in the vix image etc, I have a new job which is quite long hours and when i get home im knackered and seeing theres only one box in our household i couldnt even try and play around with the skin as it requires you to keep restarting the gui everytime you make a change to see if its correct or not and theres always someone watching the thing in the evening after work.

I am currently using the skin 100% and will try and update the epg when the new features are released but I only get the weekends now and then only a few hours to play around with it.

scwheeler
26-03-13, 21:46
Appreciate whatever time you have to spend Markus. I understand - I'm not even 20% on the skin I'm trying to work on, find time is very hard.

Does your yourview mod work on your box on the most recent builds? I can't get it to work on mine.

markus625
26-03-13, 22:01
Appreciate whatever time you have to spend Markus. I understand - I'm not even 20% on the skin I'm trying to work on, find time is very hard.

Does your yourview mod work on your box on the most recent builds? I can't get it to work on mine.

Yes its not working at the moment, will have to get some time to work out why not, but ive incorporated some elements of the youview epg into the main skin.

Delagroov
27-03-13, 09:29
Yes its not working at the moment, will have to get some time to work out why not, but ive incorporated some elements of the youview epg into the main skin.

I think the reason is that the skin.xml is not read anymore when inside other skin-directory.
Same happened with Rob skin magic hd light...

markus625
27-03-13, 20:28
I think the reason is that the skin.xml is not read anymore when inside other skin-directory.
Same happened with Rob skin magic hd light...

Thanks Delagroov looks like it needs to be removed then.

markus625
07-04-13, 11:32
Ive updated the GrahicalEPGPiG screen to add the latest epg changes for bouquets etc, now when you press the TV key the bouquet list overlays the video picture, this only works with the picture-in-picture option at the moment as i dont know where to put bouquet list with the non Pip screen yet.

24908 24909

TK4|2|1
07-04-13, 11:36
Awesome dude, I can use my favourite skin again.
How to update my end?

markus625
07-04-13, 11:42
Awesome dude, I can use my favourite skin again.
How to update my end?

Just download from the feeds again as i updated it yesterday.

Delagroov
07-04-13, 20:29
Ive updated the GrahicalEPGPiG screen to add the latest epg changes for bouquets etc, now when you press the TV key the bouquet list overlays the video picture, this only works with the picture-in-picture option at the moment as i dont know where to put bouquet list with the non Pip screen yet.

24908 24909

Look at my commits for magic-hd skins or Andy's commits for Vix skin

There where more tweaks and some new screens added

You will see using log in git client...and choose to show log of a skin.xml

TK4|2|1
11-04-13, 08:05
I have a question I'm hoping you can answer.
On my TM-2T, whilst in epg, the preview image does not fill the preview window. Is this adjustable?

judge
11-04-13, 09:45
have you disabled oversan on your TV?

TK4|2|1
11-04-13, 17:17
have you disabled oversan on your TV?

How or why would that affect the little channel preview window?
I haven't disabled overscan, you can't on my TV. (If you want to check be my guest LG 42PT85)

Rob van der Does
11-04-13, 18:39
Try what is suggested on

http://www.katescomment.com/tv-monitor-how-to-fix-overscan-zoom/
It works on many LG-screens.

The reason is that the drivers of the box don't allow for adjusting the PiG while the OSD is positioned to compensate for overscan.

Rob van der Does
11-04-13, 18:56
If the option 'just scan' is not available on your TV it might need an update.

TK4|2|1
11-04-13, 18:58
Ah ok, thanks for explanation, I'll have to leave as is, as I said no way to disable overscan on my LG plasma. 20 years as a TV engineer in an LG/panasonic/philips/samsung service centre says so.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs.

Rob van der Does
11-04-13, 19:23
20 years as a TV engineer in an LG/panasonic/philips/samsung service centre says so.
Then you must realize that overscan means no HD (as every screen-pixel displays approx 0.95 video-pixel); I really would have expected you to buy a TV without overscan :confused:

TK4|2|1
11-04-13, 19:35
Then you must realize that overscan means no HD (as every screen-pixel displays approx 0.95 video-pixel); I really would have expected you to buy a TV without overscan :confused:

I didn't buy it *wink wink*
perk of the job I used to do. Just can't afford a new 1.

Delagroov
18-04-13, 08:58
He guys.

I moved this to the Vix team skin section...seems to me more logical

Sowa
07-05-13, 19:16
Skin loved by concept and design. Great job!
One problem - many fonts do not support Cyrillic :(
And as I understand it, there are text messages in the skin-code (skin.xml?) but not through the language transfer?
I would like to see the skin in the original design in Russian for many Russian-speaking fans ViX, not to engage in the replacement of fonts.

I am ready to provide all possible assistance

markus625
07-05-13, 21:05
Skin loved by concept and design. Great job!
One problem - many fonts do not support Cyrillic :(
And as I understand it, there are text messages in the skin-code (skin.xml?) but not through the language transfer?
I would like to see the skin in the original design in Russian for many Russian-speaking fans ViX, not to engage in the replacement of fonts.

I am ready to provide all possible assistance

text messages in the skin-code? I believe you mean added helper text with words like now,next later etc, can you show some example of what words would need translation etc.
I mainly use the Ubuntu font as its unicode.

Slowhand
27-05-13, 13:04
Hello everyone,
ive just installed the VIX Image on my UniboxHd2. Registered here in this Forum and find the nicest Skin i ever have seen for Enigma2:thumbsup:

But i have a small problem. In the Channel list overview is not enough space between the single channels. Has anyone a hint for me? Thanks

Kind Regards
Slow

Sorry for my bad english :(

TK4|2|1
27-05-13, 13:35
Whilst in channel select screen, press menu then reduce number of rows.

Slowhand
27-05-13, 13:47
Great TK4|2|1 :) Thank You !

tony081
30-05-13, 22:01
Blue button does not work for favorites, leaves screen blank, am I missing something?

kiwiz
04-06-13, 19:25
erorr cannot allocate memory. what does that mean.

kiwiz
04-06-13, 19:27
how much MB does this skin take ive got 24.55mb on my drive but getting allocate memory error.

Larry-G
04-06-13, 19:40
Is this the backup you were using or with a fresh flash ? as it sounds like there are too many plugins / picons etc installed on the image for it to install properly,

stav81244
12-10-13, 20:45
Did this skin get completed to look like the you view skin as it says in this forum?

m1nz
13-10-13, 08:16
I am new to VU+. I have a Vu Solo 2. How do i get to download this skin to try and test

Larry-G
13-10-13, 08:24
The ViX compatible skins are available via our image feeds.

Menu> Plugins> Green to download.

stav81244
13-10-13, 08:59
The ViX compatible skins are available via our image feeds.

Menu> Plugins> Green to download.

Is that the most updated version in the feeds?

Larry-G
13-10-13, 09:06
The skin feeds are updated automatically and directly from relevant the GIT(s) each time a new build is produced.

stav81244
13-10-13, 09:09
The skin feeds are updated automatically and directly from relevant the GIT(s) each time a new build is produced.

Thanks mate but I have downloaded this and using it but it's the skin from post 1 of this thread without any of the changes.

Rob van der Does
13-10-13, 09:11
Be aware that feeds are only updated when a new image has been build (images and feeds are build together).

m1nz
13-10-13, 21:32
i am using the update image from vix so should it not include the update skin as well from the download

stav81244
16-10-13, 23:09

Here is the xml for the screen:

<screen name="QuickEPG" flags="wfNoBorder" position="0,520" size="1280,143" title="InfoBar" backgroundColor="transparent">
<ePixmap pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/youviewMarsh-mod/epg/Youview-Quickepg-infobar-blue2.png" position="0,0" size="1280,143" zPosition="-1"/>
<widget source="Service" render="Picon" position="48,53" size="60,36" transparent="0" zPosition="2" alphatest="blend">
<convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="Service" render="Label" position="110,53" size="248,35" font="Ubuntu-Regular; 27" valign="center" halign="center" noWrap="1" foregroundColor="ivorywhite" backgroundColor="background2" transparent="1" zPosition="2">
<convert type="ServiceName">Name</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="396,4" size="360,25" font="Ubuntu-Regular; 24" foregroundColor="ivorywhite" backgroundColor="background2" halign="Leftt" transparent="1" zPosition="1">
<convert type="ClockToText">Date</convert>
</widget>
<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="710,4" size="250,25" backgroundColor="background2" font="Ubuntu-Regular; 24" foregroundColor="ivorywhite" transparent="1" zPosition="1">
<convert type="ClockToText">Format:%-H:%M</convert>
</widget>

<!--<widget name="list" position="395,0" size="785,132" selectionPixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/youviewMarsh-mod/epg/Youview-quickepg-overlay.png" font="Ubuntu-Light; 24" foregroundColor="lightgrey" foregroundColorEvent="white" backgroundColorEvent="white" foregroundColorEventSelected="white" backgroundColor="background2" transparent="1" zPosition="3"/>-->
<widget name="list" position="396,44" size="780,100" selectionPixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/youviewMarsh-mod/epg/Youview-quickepg-overlay.png" font="Ubuntu-Light; 24" foregroundColor="white" foregroundColorEvent="white" backgroundColorEvent="white" foregroundColorEventSelected="white" backgroundColor="background2" transparent="1" zPosition="3"/>

<!--<ePixmap pixmap="ViXBMC_Metropolis/buttons/blue.png" position="1200,60" size="18,18" alphatest="blend"/>-->
<!--<widget name="key_blue" position="1187,40" size="100,22" font="Ubuntu-Regular; 22" foregroundColor="ivorywhite" backgroundColor="background2" halign="left" transparent="1" zPosition="1"/>-->
</screen>

Here is a screenshot of how it looks at the moment:

Eventually I will also modify some of the menus and infobar to match, once I figure out where everything is.

I really appreciate you help on this.

This looks great was it completed?

stav81244
02-11-13, 16:48
[QUOTE=stav81244;242967]This looks great was it completed?[/QUOTE

kiwiz
15-06-14, 20:09
this skin is so nice professional will there be any updates for that skin

stav81244
28-09-14, 10:59
was this completed for vix?

Larry-G
28-09-14, 11:02
yes a long time ago, it's available from the image feeds, although it may now be slightly out of date, I honestly dont know though as I dont use it.

markus625
02-10-14, 22:47
I havnt updated this in ages, I still use this in my box and don't really have any problems, not all the screens are skinned as i believe these screens are best left to the default skin.
I will have to update my box to the latest image and see if it needs updating.

Walt
03-10-14, 17:37
It looks great on latest version.

stav81244
03-10-14, 20:59
I havnt updated this in ages, I still use this in my box and don't really have any problems, not all the screens are skinned as i believe these screens are best left to the default skin.
I will have to update my box to the latest image and see if it needs updating.

Is it the youview skin ?

markus625
03-10-14, 21:53
NO just the vixbmc skin, the youview skin you refer too was the just the infobar etc.