PDA

View Full Version : How to get MgCamd to run Solo2

drzaphod
24-12-12, 14:43
Hi,

I have just got my Solo2 and installed the latest Black Hole image and MGCamd 1.38. So far so good.

Unfortunately I can not get the MGCamd to decode the channels I want to look at. Does anyone have experience with the image and MGCamd?

I would really like to have the VXI image on this machine too, lets just hope for the VXI team and Vu Plus can solve their communication problem soon. I, for one, would be a very happy camper. :)

Sorry, got posted in the wrong thread. Can we move it?

warajoker
24-12-12, 17:24
have you added your cgf file?

drzaphod
24-12-12, 19:41
have you added your cgf file?

Yes, it is there. I have made the same installation as I have on my ClarkeTech E9000 with VXI image, maybe that is the reason why it won't work?

warajoker
24-12-12, 19:56
try this menu,setup,softcam and then select mgcamd and then press one of the couloured buttons which will autostart mgcamd. not sure if its the exact same but thats how it is in vix

Sicilian
25-12-12, 10:28
Moved to correct section, do not post questions in downloads only sections!

drzaphod
25-12-12, 14:39
Thanks, I discovered that I made the post in the wrong section just after I pressed posted, Really sorry for that.

sivhead
28-12-12, 16:06
To get the mgcamd working on the duo you need to change the config file from 0 to 6 for box type. Off the top of my head I can't remember which part of the config file it is . Something like auto to dreambox or something to that effect. It's possibly the same foe solo 2

^^COMPASS^^
28-12-12, 18:35
Take a look at this thread http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?24555-original-vu-duo&p=182712#post182712

Post 13, by Mr Mister

abu baniaz
29-12-12, 15:14
@ Mods, as the two files are required to run MGcamd, would it be possible to include them in the softcams download section?

drzaphod
29-12-12, 15:17
I found an installer for Black Hole MGCamd and now that also solved that problem. I will now move to VXI Image and that should be so much simpler.

Happy New Year everyone!

redribo
29-12-12, 18:05
there is new kernel on solo2 and we have to put 06 of box type because the mgcamd cannot autdetect the box type and stop working.

drzaphod
30-12-12, 14:08
I must say that moving to VXI image and getting MGCamd up and running was a breeze compared to Black Hole. The MGCamd started up as expected right away and did what it had to do very quickly. Nice being back on familiar grounds.

gravedigger
08-01-13, 13:56
Anybody have mgcamd stop after a few hours and the have to restart it manually?

Running latest vix image on solo 2. Can run for 12hrs then will stop or as little as 4hrs and will need a restart. Only happens once a day and im using mrmister config file

Thanks in advance

drzaphod
10-01-13, 18:47
The only problem I have is it takes a very long time for it to start when you start up the box and you need to restart it if you restart Enigma. No other problem for me.

Stales
28-02-13, 22:59
Gravedigger, I'm having the same problem on solo2, did you ever resolve?

Thanks

Anybody have mgcamd stop after a few hours and the have to restart it manually?

Running latest vix image on solo 2. Can run for 12hrs then will stop or as little as 4hrs and will need a restart. Only happens once a day and im using mrmister config file

Thanks in advance

mcfie
28-02-13, 23:13
is this common on solo2 this is the box ive gone for,dont have yet in post.:cool:

annie12
07-04-13, 14:36
you are bang on buddy worked perfect after changing to 6

jugulator
21-04-13, 22:57
I am having issue with mgcamd. Working fine. But when the box is put to stnadby and turned back on mgcamd doesn't start up. I have to manually restart the cam for the picture to come. Yes, I did enable startup. I am also using cccam. When I deleted cccam, I can mgcamd to start on powering the receiver. Any ideas anyone..? Any tweaks on cfg? Thanks

mubbashir_90
22-04-13, 14:39
I am also having the exact same issue. Using Vix image on Solo2. I had Vu +Solo first for about a year and that also had this problem.

Problem is the same as gravedigger and stales. I have tried everything, from changing the mg_cfg file to disabling the auto start and reboot and enabling the auto start again. Nothing has worked and neither can I find any solution on this or any other posts. Please someone can help?

jugulator
22-04-13, 15:30
I think the only way around is to stick to using only one cam. I got rid of the cccam and using only mgcamd now which works fine.

mubbashir_90
22-04-13, 23:04
I am also having the exact same issue. Using Vix image on Solo2. I had Vu +Solo first for about a year and that also had this problem.

Problem is the same as gravedigger and stales. I have tried everything, from changing the mg_cfg file to disabling the auto start and reboot and enabling the auto start again. Nothing has worked and neither can I find any solution on this or any other posts. Please someone can help?

I'd suggest moving to oscam, this has fixed my problem today "FINALLY" and I am hoping that I won't be going in the softcams menu soon to restart cam.

See my post for more info.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28041-Mgcamd-requires-manual-restart-after-standby

judge
22-04-13, 23:09
I'd suggest moving to oscam, this has fixed my problem today "FINALLY" and I am hoping that I won't be going in the softcams menu soon to restart cam.

See my post for more info.
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?28041-Mgcamd-requires-manual-restart-after-standby

just to point out, at least one of the team here use MgCamd constantly without issue...

baz135
23-04-13, 11:28
Hi

I have been using v1.38 for over six months without any problems. Just make sure box type is set to 6 and place both files in keys folder.

imish
06-09-13, 14:05
Any significant differences between 1.38 and 1.35?

scottd83
27-01-14, 15:41
Hi

I have been using v1.38 for over six months without any problems. Just make sure box type is set to 6 and place both files in keys folder.

Were do you change box type to 6?

baz135
27-01-14, 15:56
Under "Box Type" section B see below
box type

# 00 autodetect, change only if you think wrong type detected.
# 01 dbox2
# 02 dreambox
# 03 triple-dragon
# 04 relook
# 05 openbox
# 06 dreambox/mips
# 08 stapi/kathrein
# 09 stapi/ipbox
# 11 stapi/openbox
B: { 06 }