PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a good image/settings combo for the TM 2T?

Wayno1979
21-12-12, 18:31
Good evening all.

As the title says, does any have a good stable set up for the TM 2T. I have tried all versions of the 4D images and OpenVix images but I am suffering from random reboots and intermittent image loss.

I have tried using basic settings with minimal plugins, no picons etc, I have tried using different HDMI cables connecting directly to TV and via a av receiver but the problems persist. It even crashes when watching BBC one HD and ITV 1 HD.

Any advice would be greatly received, the wife is getting pretty annoyed, especially as I convinced her to buy it!

Thanks in advance.

Larry-G
21-12-12, 18:34
Are you sure the fan is running and the box is not overheating ?, because mine is rock solid and has been for several months with the ViX image.

Wayno1979
21-12-12, 18:40
Hi phoenix, I will double check the fan but assume it's working. The box is situated on top of a TV unit with nothing near it so shouldn't be getting to warm, if I put my hands on it it is warm but no warmer than I would expect

Rob van der Does
21-12-12, 19:43
Reboots can be caught by debuglogs (when running ViX); image loss might be due to a bad connection to the TV-amp.

Wayno1979
21-12-12, 19:54
Hi, I have sent a few logs from the box when running ViX.

I have tried various HDMI cables and connected straight to different inputs on the TV, which is only a few months old and works fine with everything else, but I still get blackouts when the box is on. The screen randomly goes black with no video or audio, sometimes it comes back fine, other times it reboots.

This happened with ViX and 4D images on FTA and other channels

Wayno1979
21-12-12, 20:05
Just to update, the HDMI does not work at all now so guessing its a hardware fault. I am using scart but the screen has a nice green tint to it.

Not bad for a week old £229 peice of kit! Looks like its back to the openbox until I can get a replacement

Stanman
21-12-12, 20:10
Try changing the setting on Scart to RGB go into IIRC AV settings

Wayno1979
22-12-12, 15:18
Another update for anyone interested.

I tried a fresh install of OpenViX build 521 with only scart and power connected then gradually added things back in.
Everything is now reconnected, including hdmi, except the 2nd Lnb cable.
I have epg working, picons installed and cccam 2.1.4 and the box is running fine with no reboots, black screens or loss of picture since I turned it on about 8am.

Could a faulty satellite feed cause HDMI issues/reboots?

Larry-G
22-12-12, 15:29
Another update for anyone interested.

I tried a fresh install of OpenViX build 521 with only scart and power connected then gradually added things back in.
Everything is now reconnected, including hdmi, except the 2nd Lnb cable.
I have epg working, picons installed and cccam 2.1.4 and the box is running fine with no reboots, black screens or loss of picture since I turned it on about 8am.

Could a faulty satellite feed cause HDMI issues/reboots?

I cant imagine so, but it would not hurt to remove and refit all your f-plugs ( receiver and lnb sides ) to make sure there are no shorts or loose braid touching some thing it should not be.

Wayno1979
22-12-12, 15:34
Will do that later and try reconnecting to see if that was the cause.

Does seem odd though, literally had no picture/signal from HDMI last night

Sicilian
22-12-12, 18:15
Shorts in your LNB feeds could cause your issue. If using two feeds, try one feed at time.

Wayno1979
22-12-12, 19:30
I have refitted all f-plugs to cables just in case and reconnected to the receiver, I now have both feeds connected and have been running for about an hour with no glitches, picture loss or reboots.

Fingers crossed it's now sorted, thanks all for your advice.

Jony
22-12-12, 20:43
Nice to read re booting has stopped.

In tm-twin-2t-single there is hardware auto cut off warning which re boots the receiver if there is any short by any external input.
If re booting continues for a long time it will damage the main board which is a good way of warning the user, In few brands because of hardware reduction to save production cost if there is no warning it will carry on until smoke comes out the unit which is very dangerous.
HDMI input in 2t when pushed in has a clicking sound in this case its possible is not pushed in ,sometime it has to be wiggled a bit or out and in again and pushed very hard also when unit is off connect then turn on.
Finally if above advise has not fixed either problem best way to contact tm technical direct for more advise on 0208 884 0259.

Wayno1979
23-12-12, 11:52
Well after finally thinking the problems were solved I turned on the box from standby this morning and no HDMI signal again, to say I am pi$$ed off is an understatement!

Tried restarting, nothing, turned off from the back and left a few minutes, nothing.

Unplugged everything, followed TMFAN's advice and flashed latest 4D image, nothing but reboots for about 5 minutes then it settled down and after 5 minutes HDMI signal came back, zapped to ITV and after 2 mins box restarted and got stuck in a loop of restarting, showing ITV for 30 seconds then rebooting again, tried different channels but the same result.

Flashed 4D image from 10/11/2012 as this was the only image that has been semi stable for me,was OK for an hour or so but now I'm back to getting random reboots.

Looks like Christmas with no TV, wife and daughter will be so pleased.....

Guess I will be sending it back

judge
23-12-12, 11:58
so, what's showing up in the debug logs?
is there anything sitting above the box?

Wayno1979
23-12-12, 13:01
so, what's showing up in the debug logs?
is there anything sitting above the box?

When running OpenVix I had a few crashes which were logged and related to webinterface plugin not being found, not something I installed, and other various issues which I emailed from the box. After the random reboots I always checked the logs but 9/10 times there wasn't any new ones so couldn't figure out a reason

Couldn't find the logs on the 4D image

The box is on top of the TV unit with nothing on top or near it

Jony
23-12-12, 13:36
Well after finally thinking the problems were solved I turned on the box from standby this morning and no HDMI signal again, to say I am pi$$ed off is an understatement!

Tried restarting, nothing, turned off from the back and left a few minutes, nothing.

Unplugged everything, followed TMFAN's advice and flashed latest 4D image, nothing but reboots for about 5 minutes then it settled down and after 5 minutes HDMI signal came back, zapped to ITV and after 2 mins box restarted and got stuck in a loop of restarting, showing ITV for 30 seconds then rebooting again, tried different channels but the same result.

Flashed 4D image from 10/11/2012 as this was the only image that has been semi stable for me,was OK for an hour or so but now I'm back to getting random reboots.
Looks like Christmas with no TV, wife and daughter will be so pleased.....
Guess I will be sending it back

Last post you wrote by disconnecting one Lnb cable rebooting stop.
Rebooting is back may be same cable still connected.
Disconnect faulty cable and try to push very hard your hdmi cable .
Tm-2t do not have any history of re booting unless external short/Had disk/Lnb cabel/USB/faulty hdmi cabel/faulty scart cabel/any external connection can create re booting otherwise it will damage the box.
Finally ring tm or send an email to info@technomate.com they might have solution or replacement if this box if it is faulty.

Wayno1979
23-12-12, 13:44
Last post you wrote by disconnecting one Lnb cable rebooting stop.
Rebooting is back may be same cable still connected.
Disconnect faulty cable and try to push very hard your hdmi cable .
Tm-2t do not have any history of re booting unless external short/Had disk/Lnb cabel/USB/faulty hdmi cabel/faulty scart cabel/any external connection can create re booting otherwise it will damage the box.
Finally ring tm or send an email to info@technomate.com they might have solution or replacement if this box is faulty.

Hi Jony, when i reflashed this morning all I had connected was one lnb, power and a brand new HDMI cable. No usb, HDD or 2nd lnb but still had same issues. Ive packed it back in the box and dug out my old openbox s10 to get us through christmas. Will contact TM tomorrow if they are open