PDA

View Full Version : No 3rd Tuner selected

madaboutlotus
21-12-12, 13:21
Hi all

I had one programme recording when we were watching ITV HD and when a second timed recording kicked in, I had a message stating I had no available tuner available to continue watching. I have 2 x DVB-S tuners and 1 x DVD-T tuner installed. Why did it not switch to the DVD-T to continue watching ITV HD? IS there a setting I have missed?

Rob van der Does
21-12-12, 13:27
That's not the way it works. Apparently both recordings are set to be made from DVB-S, and you were watching DVB-S as well.
If you want to prevent this, you should either set (a number of your recordings) to be made from DVB-T, or use DVB-T as your primary source for watching live-TV.

In other words: DVB-S and DVB-T have separate channellists. The box has no option to freely choose between the two, but sticks to the orders you gave yourself.
An other option would be to add one or 2 DVB-S tuners, that would give you maximum freedom.

madaboutlotus
21-12-12, 13:40
Thanks for that Rob, I didn't appreciate that. I will look at how you view the DVB-T channel listing as I normally just select the HD channels from the AutoBouquet and just assumed that the DVB-T channels was linked into that as well. Ah well another lesson in the grand scheme of things. Always something new to learn every day!:D

Rob van der Does
21-12-12, 13:45
From that I understand that you haven't made any channellists for the DVB-T tuner? In that case the tuner will never be used at all.

madaboutlotus
21-12-12, 13:55
I have scanned the DVB-T tuner but can't remember setting up any channellist for it, what am I missing?

Rob van der Does
21-12-12, 13:56
Then those channels should be in the bouquet 'last scanned'.

madaboutlotus
21-12-12, 13:58
Cheers Rob. I'll sort that out tonight. Thanks for the advice.

judge
21-12-12, 14:52
Yes, I'd do as rob says & create a channel list for your DVBT channels, use this then for recording shows that you have on both sat & T.
That way your sat tuners will usually be free to watch what you want.

madaboutlotus
21-12-12, 18:08
Hi Judge
The scanned list I have of the dvb-t tuner, how do I create a channel list of them? I have a listing called last scanned, and it displays an dog of them but I don't understand about making channel lists. I suppose there must be a link somewhere. I did a search but that did not help.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

madaboutlotus
22-12-12, 18:15
Any help on what must be a newby question?

Trial
22-12-12, 18:57
Hi,
go to the channel list, press blue, press menu, select to create a new bouquet, give it a name like DTT, press blue, go to last scanned, go to a channel you like, press menu, select add to bouquet, select your new bouquet DTT and press OK. If you want to make it with your PC search for DreamboxEdit.

This is how you can easily create you own bouquet and fill it with channels of your choice. I do not know how to handle it with AutoBouquetMaker.

ciao

madaboutlotus
22-12-12, 19:09
Many thanks for the simple explanation.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

warajoker
24-12-12, 02:01
the pluggable dvb-c/t tuner does not support hd thats why you were unable to watch itv hd when your other 2 dvb-s tuners were recording. if you were watching itv in sd when the second timer kicked in everything would of being fine.
Hi all

I had one programme recording when we were watching ITV HD and when a second timed recording kicked in, I had a message stating I had no available tuner available to continue watching. I have 2 x DVB-S tuners and 1 x DVD-T tuner installed. Why did it not switch to the DVD-T to continue watching ITV HD? IS there a setting I have missed?

madaboutlotus
27-12-12, 10:46
the pluggable dvb-c/t tuner does not support hd thats why you were unable to watch itv hd when your other 2 dvb-s tuners were recording. if you were watching itv in sd when the second timer kicked in everything would of being fine.

So that is why there are no HD channels listed on the scan. Now I understand. Thanks for that. I'll have to wait until the plug in DVB-S tuner is available.

warajoker
27-12-12, 10:52
no problem
So that is why there are no HD channels listed on the scan. Now I understand. Thanks for that. I'll have to wait until the plug in DVB-S tuner is available.