PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Uno] noob help pls

crepsidro
21-12-12, 01:53
Hello. Just got meself UNO.
Ok, installed VIX 3.0, updated to latest, installed cccam and have channels up and running with proper sly card.
Now, MANY questions.
How do i rearrange ch list? Tried ftp-ing mr.misters list to box, then loading into dreamboxedit and swapping one or two channels. This brakes channel numbering for me. So no go here.
Next, my wifi dongle not detected. Used it in openbox and skybox f3 - worked perfect. Here - nothing.
Next, crossepg doesnt work. Not building any kind of database. Database info shows 66bytes size. Followed tutorial, have external usb stick at /mnt/hdd.
Next... Why the heck the infobar/epg is just so... Unusable????? Can i set it up so it works like original sly box??? Button wise. Up/down to preview epg on other chans, left/right to preview channel's epg and ok to select/view???

Thanks in advance!

Rob van der Does
21-12-12, 07:18
First of all: I moved to the ViX-section, as this is about ViX, not about a specific box.
Secondly: a statement like 'Why the heck the infobar/epg is just so... Unusable????? ' isn't exactly a modest way of showing that you don't know how to operate a box. Why don't you use a Skybox in the first place? That apparently does exactly what you want! But for some reason you wanted an other box, so you got it! Don't forget that the world does not turn around UK-Sky-boxes, and I'm glad for that :cool:

For the rest: please start by reading a bit on the forum, instead of asking the very first question that jumps to your mind. We all started that way, and there are plenty of how-to's to read for you.

Larry-G
21-12-12, 07:46
Hello. Just got meself UNO.
Ok, installed VIX 3.0, updated to latest, installed cccam and have channels up and running with proper sly card.
Now, MANY questions.
How do i rearrange ch list? Tried ftp-ing mr.misters list to box, then loading into dreamboxedit and swapping one or two channels. This brakes channel numbering for me. So no go here.
Next, my wifi dongle not detected. Used it in openbox and skybox f3 - worked perfect. Here - nothing.
Next, crossepg doesnt work. Not building any kind of database. Database info shows 66bytes size. Followed tutorial, have external usb stick at /mnt/hdd.
Next... Why the heck the infobar/epg is just so... Unusable????? Can i set it up so it works like original sly box??? Button wise. Up/down to preview epg on other chans, left/right to preview channel's epg and ok to select/view???

Thanks in advance!

MR.misters channel list like all others that follow the sky uk numbering system are specifically setup for this purpose, altering them can and does break the numbering system, if you tell us exactly what your trying to achieve we may be able to help more.

CrossEPG works fine here on all 6 of my receivers and always has, so it's likely some thing in your setup.

Basically in order to help you we need more information on what you want to achieve and how you are setting up the receiver, bear in mind that these are not official boxes like those provided by sky uk and as such they wont ever be able to fully emulate one. as rob has said above if its a sky box you want then maybe this receiver is not the rite one for you ?.

please understand that i am not dismissing your questions but these boxes are not plug and play, they need a certain level of user setup and maintenance, which makes them unsuitable for some people.

crepsidro
21-12-12, 14:13
Ok, i sorted wifi dongle issue (ralink driver). And i managed to get Cross going (had to tune to 11778).

Now, i want to swap about some chans in the lineup. Basically mr.mister's lineup resembles uk epg. I am used to ROI lineup (e.g. c4/e4/m4 at 135 and up - ireland versions, some other changes). What software do you recommend and tips not to break numbering (just swap some stuff about)? As autobouquetmaker doesn't work for me (as i posted in that thread - cannot scan anything as it starts from lower TP's and i do not have coverage of 2F sat, and just says 'tuner timeout'). May be someone got premade ROI epg lineup? Thanks.

As to infobar - any way to have remote act like slybox. E.g. up/down to preview chans (currently l/r), and l/r to preview next shows in infobar? I am not afraid of going into deep config, editing files etc. Just need a tip.

Thanks again and sorry for noob-ness

Rob van der Does
21-12-12, 14:25
ABM get's it's info from a transponder. If you can't receive that transponder (why's that?), you can't get the info either.

Button functions are in the file 'keymap.xml' located in /usr/share/enigma2. Be aware that any changes you make to a systemfile will be overwritten during an online update.

crepsidro
21-12-12, 14:44
Ok, got it. I am not around british isles at the moment and i can get ok 28e coverage BUT 2f channels (all 22000 rated lower transponders, bearing bbc and such). I can get rest of tp's fine. It's just i don't fully understand how ABM does it's job.
So as i see my options, only way is to either learn how to edit mister's list without breaking it, or source ROI epg list (which is present in abm's choices, trolling me).

crepsidro
21-12-12, 18:43
Right. One little problem. Trying to load mister's files into dreamboxedit as shown in silverfox's video, and in video channels remain numbered correctly inside software, but when i do it's broken - e.g. 25 is 101 - beebs1, 26 is 102 - beebs2 etc. What am i doing wrong?
Unedited bouquete work fine loaded into box. Should i try another versions? Thanks

crepsidro
21-12-12, 19:05
ok, got it. had to enable duplicates in dreamboxedit.

crepsidro
21-12-12, 23:23
hmm. after a reflash back to vix 3.0 and setting it completely up i have new problem. Network is unstable. Wired and WLAN. Ping to box varies from 2ms to 700ms when box is directly connected to same hub. What is happening here?

EDIT: narrowed it down to bad USB WLAN driver. The one in blackhole image works perfect tho. How can i update it manually? My dongle is RT3070.
Thanks