PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] picture quality on latest vix image

richca
20-12-12, 22:12
hi,

i have this afternoon updated from 2.4 to vix 3, however not sure if its been a good move

i am noticing that the picture has become a bit draggy, not as fluent as on the 2.4 image, seems a bit stuttery

anyone else coming across this issue? not hugely noticable but definately an issue

mickyblueys
20-12-12, 22:21
Picture quality on both my duos definately on a par with my official sly STB.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

richca
20-12-12, 22:22
no def not as good as vix 2.4 image, i had previously imstalled vix 2.4 and picture quality on my tv was superb, now its mediocre at best,

very stuttery, not fluent in motion, now i cant find vix 2.4 to download and go back to it, great

tonyvix
20-12-12, 22:35
no def not as good as vix 2.4 image, i had previously imstalled vix 2.4 and picture quality on my tv was superb, now its mediocre at best,

very stuttery, not fluent in motion, now i cant find vix 2.4 to download and go back to it, great

Have to say I have Vix 3 and pic quality on HD is quite stunning.

Hope you get your problem solved.

Regards

richca
20-12-12, 22:40
the only way i can describe it is like vix 3 is using way more resources from the duo, thus causing slightest artifact like dragging on the screen,

can anyone say whether vix 3 does use more resources??

Rob van der Does
20-12-12, 23:05
can anyone say whether vix 3 does use more resources??
Even if that would be the case, it wouldn't influence the picture at all. Playback uses only some 2-5% CPU, and all decoding is done in hardware.
The drivers are the only relevant factor for PQ: nothing in the image interferes in that area (and can't even if that would be desired).