PDA

View Full Version : Single Tuner : Disecq Switch to motor and fixed dish

davidcmadrid
20-12-12, 04:22
Hi,

I have had a good search around to see if this is possible. I would like to have the following setup mostly for cabling reasons ( dont want two cables going through the house )

I am using :

Brand: Vuplus
Model: uno
Chipset: 7405

VIX
Software
Kernel version: 3.1.1
Firmware version: 3.0
Gui version: 2012-08-14

Is this possible or is the only way to have a fixed dish and motorized dish to use two cable runs ? Thanks for help , i have installer coming tommorrow and didnt realise this was a problem untill i started mucking about in the settings. I cant seem to find a way to have disecq A/B with one say B as the positioner type dish.

iZaza
20-12-12, 06:20
Yes it is possible. Straight forward.

Rob van der Does
20-12-12, 06:31
Maybe read this (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22414-How-to-combine-a-fixed-and-a-motorised-dish-to-one-coax): that describes exact how to fulfil your wish without your switch burning out.

davidcmadrid
20-12-12, 11:24
Thanks for this , im glad its possible though in practicality doing so seems to allude me.

When i go to menu i go to menu >> setup >> service searching >> Tuner Configuration

I seem to be given a screen which gives me the options :

Simple / advanced .. The only way to get diseecq A / B and hence Port A / B doesnt allow me specify positioner but rather only 2 dishes.

Also thank you for the link , the switch is a Spaun 212 which i bought for its low loss / noise and pass through rating of .5A . Im kinda loathe to put the motor inline ( noise and db loss on DG-280 motor ) on the fixed since its for fringe reception but you know better than me so thats an unexpected conundrum :( too

Rob van der Does
20-12-12, 12:09
Advanced setup: 'DiSEqC mode 1.2' plus 'Committed DiSEqC command' (to e.g. AA and AB) will do the trick. See screenshot for an example.
So it's not port A/B you should be looking for.

davidcmadrid
21-12-12, 02:19
Rob, your a Gentleman ,... that has set me on my way :thumbsup:

ja5
11-01-13, 19:23
Advanced setup: 'DiSEqC mode 1.2' plus 'Committed DiSEqC command' (to e.g. AA and AB) will do the trick. See screenshot for an example.
So it's not port A/B you should be looking for.

Hi everyone

I been reading about doing this for some time and followed the pdf file so im sure im wired up correctly, I tried advanced and followed the attached picture but put the tuner to 28.2 and rest the same as the settings, iv even tried aa ab ba bb and i get all the sat greyed out, so i must be doing something wrong but cant see what. if i go back to usal it seems to find some channels but fails on others.

Any helps would be great please

Jason :D

ja5
12-01-13, 01:22
Ok i tried all the sats to the same settings and it seemed to work for a while but just tried going back to 23.5 and still cant connect to a channel, every now and again it might connect but pid problem but if i scan it seems to find the channels but still doesnt allow me to connect.

Could it be a wiring problem of could it be my Technomate High Performance DiSEqC 4/1 Switch TM-4S Frequency range 950-2300MHz ??

someone must be clever to help lol

Rob van der Does
12-01-13, 06:30
If channels are greyed-out the satellite where that channel resides isn't available.
In other words: those satellites have to be set in the tuner config.
Make sure you know which port your LNB's are connected to and make sure to assign those ports to the correct satellite.

ja5
12-01-13, 09:39
If channels are greyed-out the satellite where that channel resides isn't available.
In other words: those satellites have to be set in the tuner config.
Make sure you know which port your LNB's are connected to and make sure to assign those ports to the correct satellite.

Hi rob

Iv now changed all the sats from 45e to 30w to lnb2 and ab and that sorted out greyed out but iv had a read around and set the fixed dish to advanced sat 28.2 lnb1 and aa does that sound right??

Rob van der Does
12-01-13, 09:49
Iv now changed all the sats from 45e to 30w to lnb2 and ab and that sorted out greyed out but iv had a read around and set the fixed dish to advanced sat 28.2 lnb1 and aa does that sound right??

So you have connected 28.2E (fixed) to port 1 of the switch (= LNB1) and the motorized LNB to port 2 (= LNB2)?
If so, use advanced setup: choose for all sats except 28.2E LNB2 (= command AB) and for 28.2 LNB1 (= command AA).

ja5
12-01-13, 10:24
So you have connected 28.2E (fixed) to port 1 of the switch (= LNB1) and the motorized LNB to port 2 (= LNB2)?
If so, use advanced setup: choose for all sats except 28.2E LNB2 (= command AB) and for 28.2 LNB1 (= command AA).

Yes that correct 28.2E (fixed) to port 1 of the switch (= LNB1) and the motorized LNB to port 2, i did have 28.2 to lnb2 also, so should that be lnb1 now then??

Rob van der Does
12-01-13, 11:55
Yes that correct 28.2E (fixed) to port 1 of the switch (= LNB1) and the motorized LNB to port 2, i did have 28.2 to lnb2 also, so should that be lnb1 now then??
Yes: if you want to use the fixed dish (and you do want that) 28.2 should be assigned to LNB1.

ja5
12-01-13, 13:46
Yes: if you want to use the fixed dish (and you do want that) 28.2 should be assigned to LNB1.

well it still doesnt seem to work, channels on 23.5 wouldnt lock in then after checking a few, one locked in and then it sometimes locks in other but seems random. Got it working then moved dish to 19.2 and working then 13 worked. Then went 16 nothing would lock and now at 0.8 and still wont lock. Strange as sometime when you change the channel it shows all the pid but no signal.

Any ideas you could think of, need to climb up the ladder to sort it so needs to be today or il have no chance for a week :(

Cheers for the help :D

Rob van der Does
12-01-13, 14:02
Looks like a not-alligned dish.
You could use the satfinder to see if the sats are fine.

ja5
12-01-13, 14:16
Na the dish was completely setup sometime ago and just went and fine tuned before i done the switch.

It now back to 0,8 and locked in grr the dish is moving fine so im thinking either switch isnt working correctly or i missing something

Rob van der Does
12-01-13, 14:32
If the dish moves, the switch is fine.
Did you setup USALS correct (lat/long)?

ja5
12-01-13, 14:43
If the dish moves, the switch is fine.
Did you setup USALS correct (lat/long)?

yep usal setup correct lat and long. What strange is on say 23.5 some channel wont lock, then il try a few more and more to one locks then after a few have locked the one that wouldnt now lock.

Im thinking if i wired it up wrong then it wouldnt work at at all???

Rob van der Does
12-01-13, 18:07
Depends: are the locks on the correct channels/sats?

ja5
12-01-13, 18:44
Depends: are the locks on the correct channels/sats?

yes mate all on the right sats. strange i managed to get it locked in then kept trying each sat to i can get a channel locked, so from 0.8 to 23.5 they all lock in now, but if i go in to tuner config and exit i have to start over.

Plus iv tried record from fixed but other lnb doesnt seem to be connect, tried all the settings and that just wont work grr

To windy to get up the ladder so im thinking i must of done something wrong as my usals setting before i used the switched worked 100% fine. or dodgy switch but im out of ideas now

Thanks for you help mate much appreciated

Rob van der Does
12-01-13, 19:17
Well, if the dish was OK before I wouldn't start suspecting it now.
Maybe double check wiring/ports (both on the switch as in the setup)?

ja5
12-01-13, 20:09
Well, if the dish was OK before I wouldn't start suspecting it now.
Maybe double check wiring/ports (both on the switch as in the setup)?

Yeah looks like il have to get up the ladders again, I really do read up how things works before i do anything so im sure im right lol well i know my dish is correct.

It just got me thinking if i had the wired it wrong i wouldnt get anything but i will let you know either way and i do have another switch to try too.

Cheers again

ja5
13-01-13, 19:24
well its all my own fault had the wires round the wrong way doh!! Not worth lieing is it lol

But bit annoyed as when i used to build engines i always double and tripple check grr

Cheers for the help rob :) a quick test and seems im working but not fully tested lol

Rob van der Does
14-01-13, 07:44
Thanks for being honest to us :thumbsup: