PDA

View Full Version : [GiGaBlue QUAD] How to read multimedia files from a NAS?

dragoscevero
19-12-12, 09:24
Hi to all,
my answer seems to be easy to many experienced users, but as a new user of this kind of decoders, I couldn't find how to do it.
I have the Gigablue Quad connected to my domestic LAN. I also have a NAS (D-Link sharecenter DNS-320). I've a lot of photos, video and music over the NAS.
The NAS has on board DLNA server (that i succesfull use with iphone, ipad, xbox and other commercial stb) but also with the DLNAbrowser plugin in openvix I encounter a lot of troubles, with a general slowness, and many problems to reach the folder i'm searching.
I've also tried to activate the NFS server on the DNS320, but i don't know how to get access to the NAS over the lan from my gigablue Quad.
If I search over the lan i find the dns320, but it doesn't allow me to open it.

Can someone help me pointing me to a guide or tutorial on how to use lan resources over openvix or other enigma2 images?
Thank to everyone will help me.

Rob van der Does
19-12-12, 09:48
I moved tour post to this section, as it's apparently about ViX.

XabiX
19-12-12, 10:51
you go into the settings and you can configure access to your NAS through the mount section. So your nas will be automatically mounted and access on demand when you will browse its content & co

dragoscevero
20-12-12, 09:52
Thanks, i've done some test, but it seems to work only if I choose the linux type of mount, and not if i switch it to the enigma2 type.
Is this right?