PDA

View Full Version : [ET5x00] please regarding setting up motorised and fixed dish

fizza
18-12-12, 21:49
hi all sorry to be a pain at the moment i use a technomate diseqc swich 4x1 i have motorised in input 3 and motorised in input 4 i am transfering this into the et5000 as i want to use mgcamd i have had this set up on the spiderbox and works fine i am not using usuals as it doesnt work correct for my system please help dont know where i am going wrong i reloaded latest image on tonight as there was no satellites in the menu many thanks:mad:

Rob van der Does
19-12-12, 06:14
Maybe using capitals where applicable and proper punctuation would make your post readable; and that is needed to be able to answer.

abu baniaz
19-12-12, 08:38
Hello Fizza, I would start with correcting your motor setup without using the switch. It is better to use USALs to control the motor movements. This will save you the hassle of having to set up the positions. I take it you have entered your co-ordinates correctly.

Rob has done a nice write up on combining a motor and fixed dish using a switch. ( I can't seem to find it though.) The only adaptation I have done is to use the motor on port 1.

Rob van der Does
19-12-12, 08:55
Robin has done a nice write up on combining a motor and fixed dish using a switch.
Eeuuuhhh, that'l be me then......
It's in the ViX-guides section (see here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301)).

fizza
20-12-12, 23:24
thanks for your help regarding this topic all up and running

machare
24-12-12, 13:15
Eeuuuhhh, that'l be me then......
It's in the ViX-guides section (see here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301)).The picture shows the motor before the switch. I have my motor and motor dish LNB downstream of one of the switch ports. The general idea was taken from a post on this forum just over a year ago.

Rob van der Does
24-12-12, 13:51
Indeed: that's the way I advised it in this guide.
As I explained I had several switches burned due to the motor-current passing through. I now use this setup for several years without any problem.