PDA

View Full Version : Vu duo subtitles

ggp759
19-09-10, 13:05
Hi guys is there a way to change the subtitles on the vu? I dont like the different colours they pop up in. I just want white subtitles with a bigger font. Is there a way to change that? Using the awesome VIX image but i cant find a way to change them. Any suggestions? Thanks

OldSkulRide
19-09-10, 13:14
you mean TXT subtitles?

Use OpenPLi then. They have best subtitles.

ggp759
19-09-10, 13:16
Yes i mean text subtitles. Dont want to give up the image though:(

grtmoby
19-09-10, 14:00
have a look here (http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?2044-How-du-I-change-Subtitle-color-and-position), they say it can be solved ;)

andyblac
22-09-10, 10:58
Hi guys is there a way to change the subtitles on the vu? I dont like the different colours they pop up in. I just want white subtitles with a bigger font. Is there a way to change that? Using the awesome VIX image but i cant find a way to change them. Any suggestions? Thanks

the different colours are so you know who is talking, if they are all white how would you know who is saying what ?

Berggren
06-10-10, 07:54
the different colours are so you know who is talking, if they are all white how would you know who is saying what ?You do have the sound to listen to also donīt you :cool:
I guess it just what you are used to, here in Sweden we always had all white subs since the beginning of the tv-era. So seeing the red ones is kind of odd for us (for me at least).
Maybe you could make some setting in the menys so we who like to change the color to something else could do this easy without messing with the skin.xml file? Changing it in the skin.xml-file works, I've tried it but when I use the autoupdate for your iamge the color goes back to red and I have to change the color again. Driving the family nuts when the subs are red and I forgot to change it back to white :D
Donīt know how the coding works but it would be very nice having an option in the subtitlemeny to change the subs from "Original" to "All white" or something like that.

Then we have the linebreaks for the subs but I will contact you in that matter for more info.

yngvekl
06-10-10, 09:55
I'm with Berggren... also here in Norway we've always had white subs... An entry in the menu for addressing this would be nice! :)

MyB5
06-10-10, 15:29
I'm with Berggren... also here in Norway we've always had white subs... An entry in the menu for addressing this would be nice! :)

I'll double (triple) that...in next release perhaps ;)

Overburn
17-10-10, 23:50
White subs please. I agree with Berggren and Yngvekl, it would be nice if there was an option to change the sub color.
Thx to the VIX team for a great job.

danishdude
19-10-10, 10:10
Definately white subs! ...and some more tweakability on the sub-machine, so it can be tailored to specific taste/resolution.