PDA

View Full Version : [VU+ Duo] Strange issue after latest upgrade of VIX image

chrisnasah
18-12-12, 12:01
Hi,

I have just upgraded to the latest vix image and seem to be having a strange issue since then.

Every 15-20 mins it seems it randomly goes to a menu as if someone is pressing the remote control, sometimes it goes to favorites or at times to timer settings.

Also maybe this is to do with a setting somewhere but my box goes to standby every half an hr on its own...

any ideas

thanks

judge
18-12-12, 12:49
move your remote out of the room for a few hours so we can rule out stuck buttons, bad batteries and so on issues...

rassi
18-12-12, 13:03
I did have this same issue with build 4xx or 5xx, do not know which fixed it but it went away, so I didnīt try to find which caused it.
Issue was there even removed batteries from RC.

judge
18-12-12, 13:08
Try disabling HDMI CEC for now so.

Rob van der Does
18-12-12, 13:54
Try disabling HDMI CEC for now so.
....of the TV as well.

chrisnasah
18-12-12, 19:01
have turned off CEC still got same issue, also removed batts from remote and still there, also goes to stand by every 5-10 mins now.

I might just install from the new build direct, maybe the upgrade process messed it somewhere? Would a restore of settings cause this?

souldude
18-12-12, 21:37
Ive had this issue, turned off the hdmi control on box and that stopped it turning off the tv, but the menu problem stayed there. couldn't find any answer to that so reverted back to an earlier version ViX-2.4.96. and thats all stable again.

Had tried all the above taking batteries out , new remote but it got so back the only way was an earlier version.
Hope this helps

Forgot to mention also tried the new builds and updates but nothing from these either.

pdlee
18-12-12, 22:01
I've had exactly the same problem and tried every suggestion without any luck. Although HDMI-CEC was off on my Duo, turning it off on my TV (as Rob suggests) finally solved the problem for me.