PDA

View Full Version : How to stream your QUAD channels into an IPTV?

XabiX
18-12-12, 11:15
Hello,

As the QUAD has several tuners and some extra CPU, I wanted to use it to stream my bouquets (no my movies) to another TV that I have in the house. I don't want to buy a second demo as I don't have a satellite cable going into the other room and also because it's an extra box and it costs.

So what I am looking for is to put my QUAD in standby and then be able to remotely select what channel I want to see from the TV.

My understanding is that "enigma2-plugin-extensions-streamtv" is based on nStreamPlayer and could work but it looks like some many config are necessary and I am not sure how you should control it remotely.

Maybe I can use the phone/tablet to control what channel I want and the TV to receive the stream?

Anyway I am a little bit lost as I don't find updated talks on this which is strange as I would think that now that the boxes are more powerfull and that we have more and more IPTVs this would be a key feature.

I also found other plugins but I don't believe there are of any use in my case:
_enigma2-plugin-extensions-remotestreamconvert (this is for when you have several demo and one demo is a client of a master one)
_enigma2-plugin-extensions-streaminterface

Any recommendations?

Thanks
XabiX

tinos
18-12-12, 11:46
I wonder if we need the webbrowser or hbbtv working on the drivers for it to work perfect...

You will also need this installed: opkg install gst-plugins-bad-rtmp

On my openVIX it was already installed. I got some of the turkish channels working adding manually those SERVICES on the Favorites bouquet.

Tested even one called Tarim Turk HD that works in HD but syncro is not good. Test the Turkish examples from the official forum.

XabiX
18-12-12, 12:17
Just to make sure we are speaking about the same thing, I want to stream the channels that I receive on my satellite and not pick them from the net.

tinos
18-12-12, 13:38
Just to make sure we are speaking about the same thing, I want to stream the channels that I receive on my satellite and not pick them from the net.

Sorry my mistake I read IPTV and I was just testing the other thing and though you were doing the same thing... now on topic.

You need to install plugin only on the client device, then you enter IP info, login, ports, etc... after that you just download via FTP the list of bouquets that you want to stream to the second box and you can use those channels like regular TV channels but without need of antenna.

XabiX
18-12-12, 14:32
@tinos: please don't reply just to reply something. Here the issue is that the client is a TV and not a demo therefore which client do you use on Smart hub? Sony store etc...

I am looking for people who have tested something and have some experience in streaming channels between one demo and one IPTV.

spv4u
18-12-12, 22:37
I have the Raspberry pi which will stream SD channels quite well into XBMC. You just enable live tv and setup the VU+ plugin with the IP of your quad and away it goes. It also brings over the guide and you can create timers on it as well.

There is a new box coming to the market Acer Revo L70 i think which the XBMC community believe will be great and will do HD streaming without breaking too much of a sweat. But they are coming in at £180 with no OS.

I use my iPad as well with the quad and run the apps for the dreambox which connect fine as they all interface through the webif backend.

Hope this helps

XabiX
18-12-12, 23:02
I have the Raspberry pi which will stream SD channels quite well into XBMC. You just enable live tv and setup the VU+ plugin with the IP of your quad and away it goes. It also brings over the guide and you can create timers on it as well.

There is a new box coming to the market Acer Revo L70 i think which the XBMC community believe will be great and will do HD streaming without breaking too much of a sweat. But they are coming in at £180 with no OS.

I use my iPad as well with the quad and run the apps for the dreambox which connect fine as they all interface through the webif backend.

Hope this helps

Hi SPV4U,

When you say "You just enable live tv and setup the VU+ plugin with the IP of your quad" does it mean that you succeed to install such pluging on top of XMBC on the Raspberry pi?
i have a ubuntu server running on Intel Atom D2700 with Intel GMA 3650 where I can maybe install XMBC on top.

Which app do you use on the iPad that connects fine to the webif? (I used MPdroid on Android)

Thanks

it looks like TV app stores don't provide such app which would be great. Maybe the Google TV will allow to access Android store and thefore such apps?

zappahey
18-12-12, 23:35
What about something like this with Dreamdoid and vplayer?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00A76GXVW/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?redirect=true&ref_=nosim&tag=hukdm-21
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

XabiX
18-12-12, 23:50
It looks like there is a port of XBMC that is called Plex and that can be installed into a Smart TV (from Samsung). Therefore it would mean that having PLEX as a client running on the TV can connected to the QUAD webif with the option "Smart services renaming for XBMC".

I will search to see which TV can run PLEX or XBMC as a client app then I should be good to go.

example: http://www.samsung.com/us/appstore/app/G00002687241#

@zappahey;I am not sure how this dongle will be see within a TV?

dragoscevero
19-12-12, 09:06
Hi,
i'm interested to your configuration. For now I've tried using ipad to watch live channels by my gigablue quad opening the stream ip with goodplayer (using the ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8001/reference_of_the_channel.
It works, but especially on HD channels with a lot of lag, and it's not so easy to use.
What kind of configuration (plugins in openvix and apps in ipad) do you use to watch tv over your ipad?
Thanks a lot!

twol
19-12-12, 09:19
Hi,
i'm interested to your configuration. For now I've tried using ipad to watch live channels by my gigablue quad opening the stream ip with goodplayer (using the ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:8001/reference_of_the_channel.
It works, but especially on HD channels with a lot of lag, and it's not so easy to use.
What kind of configuration (plugins in openvix and apps in ipad) do you use to watch tv over your ipad?
Thanks a lot!

You are not going to receive HD over wifi. I use istreamgate App....it Works well with SD channels

dwarf
19-12-12, 09:41
Hi SPV4U,

When you say "You just enable live tv and setup the VU+ plugin with the IP of your quad" does it mean that you succeed to install such pluging on top of XMBC on the Raspberry pi?
i have a ubuntu server running on Intel Atom D2700 with Intel GMA 3650 where I can maybe install XMBC on top.

Which app do you use on the iPad that connects fine to the webif? (I used MPdroid on Android)

Thanks

it looks like TV app stores don't provide such app which would be great. Maybe the Google TV will allow to access Android store and thefore such apps?

If you have a ubuntu box running you can install the pvr build of XBMC on to it from Pulse Eight (http://packages.pulse-eight.net/)

Once installed install the VU+/Enigma2 add on from the add on's section, Then enable live TV in xbmc.

XBMC will then start to download your bouquets and epg data from the quad.

If you have alot of bouquets it will take a long time to download the epg data so I find it better to force it to just download one bouquet.

You may even find it better to create a bouquet with the channels you most frequently watch just for xbmc.

zappahey
19-12-12, 09:42
You are not going to receive HD over wifi. I use istreamgate App....it Works well with SD channels

I watch HD streams over wifi all the time both on my laptop and on my galaxy s3.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

XabiX
19-12-12, 10:22
@dragoscevero: you can use Controloid or MPdroid on Android. Don't hesitate to open a specific thread on the subject

Here the idea is to find how an IPTV can connected directly to the QUAD through the lan to access the webif streaming capabilities.

XabiX
19-12-12, 10:25
Thanks dwarf, we are progressing.

Have you heard about this PLEX app based on XBMC?

for now it looks like the only possible solution is by adding a XBMC server in between the demo and the TV to make it work.

I am still trying to find a way to skip this middle server and have directly the TV to connect to the QUAD, that wouldn't be perfect?

XabiX
19-12-12, 11:05
I think I have found the solution:

you install flex as a client on a LG/Samsung Connected TV. Supported devices are listed here: http://www.plexapp.com/connected/index.php
It looks like something is also available for Sony TV which includes google sw: http://gigaom.com/video/plex-sony-internet-tv-app/

and then you install Plex server on the QUAD through this extension: enigma2-plugin-extensions-dreamplex

and you should be all set. The issue is that I don't have such TV yet but I ll try with another client like a PC or a tablet/smartphone.

I didn't know Plex before but it looks more simple and better than XBMC for an easy experience.

twol
19-12-12, 11:34
I watch HD streams over wifi all the time both on my laptop and on my galaxy s3.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2HD TV channels and /or video?

XabiX
19-12-12, 14:17
Bad news the plugin I was referring to is for Plex client support on the OpenVIX but not for Plex media server :-(

Still looking for a solution without any third element.

spv4u
21-12-12, 09:19
Hi SPV4U,

Thanks

it looks like TV app stores don't provide such app which would be great. Maybe the Google TV will allow to access Android store and therefore such apps?

Sorry been away with work.

Yes both Raspbmc and Openelec builds for the pi have all the plugins installed as standard. You have to have the latest version (frodo i think it is called) go into settings and turn on live tv, it will prompt for a add-on to be enabled and just choose VU+ and configure the settings. And yes I have this up and running in my bedroom using a home plug and it works quite well. Check out my older thread in the forum about the pi http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23561-Quad-and-Raspberry-Pi

For my iPad which is only v2 model I use an app called "Dreambox Live" it is only a simple interface but more than does the job for me to watch live tv anywhere in the house.

There is also a new slingbox model out in the states so when that hits the UK shelves I may bolt one of then in to stream outside the house.

spv4u
21-12-12, 09:25
Xabix, without getting too far off topic if you have a linux server with MySQL installed you can centralise the XBMC database to the server and therefore each XBMC devie can use the same databases and offload the work. This did help my pi speed up a little 8-)

XabiX
21-12-12, 18:02
As a temporarly solution I have ordered this stick with xbmc on it:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hi802-Android-Mini-PC-HDMI-Dongle-Freescale-imx6-Quad-Core-1-2Ghz-1G-RAM-8GB-Bluetooth/803232_707427957.html

It doesn't do HW decoding but should be to go. I will use the home pc as the master xbmc and the stick as a client;

BUT it would be great to find a way to have the client directly on the TV !

I found TVs that have Plex client on it, but I can't configure Plex Media Server to connect to the dreambox. So I will try with the stick but it's another remote etc... and what happens when you shut it down etc...

Would be so great to have an app downloadable on the tv that connects to the dreambox directly!

Stanman
21-12-12, 20:25
no live links, please code them.

TomD
22-12-12, 10:45
Hi
I spent loads of time trying to stream to another TV and in the end the solution was to look at it another way. I now stream HD from my VU duo by a gigaview 821. Works perfect and can handle two inputs.
Tom

tickett
22-12-12, 12:00
I think these are my main reasons for seeking an option beside additional receiver(s):

-Power consumption (i haven't check the quad yet, but my old et9000 used to be about 40W i think and my Pi is about 2W :)
-Satellite feeds (running cables to some television sets from the dish would just not be practical. the house is already run with cat5e though :)
-Cost

delahmed
12-08-13, 22:05
I find myself trying to do a similar thing to the OP.

I have a VU+ Solo2 upstairs in the bedroom and can watch channels over satellite. I have also just bought a new Sony Bravia KDL55W905A which is a smart TV. This is located in my lounge next to my Win 7 gaming rig. I want to be able to steam the live tv from upstairs onto the Sony TV directly without having to use my PC.

Currently i just turn on the PC, go to OpenWEBIF and just stream BBC HD, etc. But that means having to get the mouse out, turning on the PC, etc.

The Win 7 PC is also a PLEX Media Server, and my TV can stream this when the PC is on. I also have the dreamplex client on the Vu+ Solo2 and this can stream it too.

On the solo2 settings for dreamplex, there is an area where you can specify where your media is, i have done this correctly but neither PC or Sony TV sees the dreamplex server - i assume that the dreamplex plugin is a client and not a server, but the settings are confusing.

Also on the Vu+ Solo2, i have mini-dlna set up and my Sony TV can see this and play all the videos i have on there (not TS recordings though!), I want to be able to stream LiveTV though. Any updates over the last 6 months?

I haven't tried XBMC on the Solo2 or Win7 but i assume PLEX is the same thing?

So for now, i watch streaming channels via Open WEBIF on the PC or if i am in the garden, i watch it on my iPhone using DreamBox / Vu+ Player app.

judge
12-08-13, 23:26
There is a plugin in the feeds called TunerServer, this might enable you to do what you want.
If not, you could get a cheap second hand E2 box, even with broken tuners & use the remote stream convert plugin.

spv4u
13-08-13, 19:27
Sorry to jump back in after so long.

If you have a W7 PC have you tried DVBLink? it will sync the channels and guide into Windows Media Centre so in theory you will be able to record and watch the channels fine using a remote and not having to use the webif

delahmed
13-08-13, 22:36
There is a plugin in the feeds called TunerServer, this might enable you to do what you want.
If not, you could get a cheap second hand E2 box, even with broken tuners & use the remote stream convert plugin.

I tried TunerServer but its no good for the Sony Bravia W9 as it does not seem to like .m3u extensions. Back to the drawing board.

delahmed
13-08-13, 22:39
Sorry to jump back in after so long.

If you have a W7 PC have you tried DVBLink? it will sync the channels and guide into Windows Media Centre so in theory you will be able to record and watch the channels fine using a remote and not having to use the webif

I havent tried it, no.

The aim was to not have the PC on at all and just be able to access LiveTV from the Solo2 to the Sony W9 TV. Thanks though. Doesnt look like my new smart tv is that smart at all. It doesnt even seem to like playing recorded programmes by the Solo2 (.TS format), plays everything else like mp4, etc fine via mini-DLNA extension.

judge
13-08-13, 23:20
I tried TunerServer but its no good for the Sony Bravia W9 as it does not seem to like .m3u extensions. Back to the drawing board.

what extensions does it like? maybe just try changing the etension on one channel to see if it works.

I havent tried it, no.

The aim was to not have the PC on at all and just be able to access LiveTV from the Solo2 to the Sony W9 TV. Thanks though. Doesnt look like my new smart tv is that smart at all. It doesnt even seem to like playing recorded programmes by the Solo2 (.TS format), plays everything else like mp4, etc fine via mini-DLNA extension.
Yep. So called smart TVs aren't that smart yet...

XabiX
14-08-13, 09:54
I never found a way to stream my live channels from OpenVix directly to my TV. Some TVs allows to install some apps but we are not there yet to have a special app that would allow you to have your OpenVix channel menu directly from your lan with no boxes.

I gave up at the end :D not much time as I didn't invest on a smartv on the room as I couldn't find a viable solution.

XabiX
14-08-13, 10:03
I imagine this is for the other way round: E2 to connect to the XBMC server
http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?30008-New-plugin-on-the-way-called-XBMCAddons-for-enigma-2&highlight=Vu%2B+Player

delahmed
14-08-13, 11:13
what extensions does it like? maybe just try changing the etension on one channel to see if it works.

Yep. So called smart TVs aren't that smart yet...

I haven't tried renaming the extension- will give it a go tonight. As for what files it does support....

Sony KDL-55W905A Codec List (http://pdf.crse.com/manuals/13HG900111/EN/codeclist.html#5)

Vu+ Solo2 records in .TS format, i assume the video container is MPEG2TS based on this link (http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/term.cfm/mpeg2_transport_stream), so i would need to rename my .TS file to one of .m2t, .m2ts or .mts and then try and stream from the Sony W9 again. Will update this thread once i go home and test.

Rob van der Does
14-08-13, 11:36
Usually renaming a TS-file to mpeg does the trick.

delahmed
15-08-13, 01:19
Usually renaming a TS-file to mpeg does the trick.

Didnt work when i renamed to mp4, m2ts, mts, mpg or mpg.

I got the Sony W905A to play a TS file finally by downloading TS Doctor beta, downloading a TS file via FTP from the Solo2 that was not playing on the TV, fixed it using TS Doctor (as well as removing the NAR audio stream) and then uploaded it back to the Solo2 via FTP in a new folder.
The Sony W9 does not see new files until you reboot the Solo2. After that i could watch the TS file on the Sony W9. :cool:

Ill just fix all my TS files on the weekend and overwrite the originals with the fixed one.

Ill let you know if the audio is out of sync on the Solo2.

Time to overclock my i5 3570K to run at 4.2ghz instead of 3.4ghz and see if there really is any benfit to this overclocking lark.

Still looking for a way to stream livetv from the Solo2 to the Sony TV without the Win7 PC being turned on and using WEBIF.

Rob van der Does
15-08-13, 05:07
I think it has been suggested already: the use of an E2-STB (cheap one, tuners may even be defect) would do the job perfect. Both streaming Live-TV as well as recordings.

Or ask Sony to make their TV's smart :p
That really would be a matter of a firmware upgrade.

delahmed
01-10-13, 01:09
I thought i would update this thread as i found a few solutions.

what i noticed is i usually record paid for sly channels and these do not work on the Sony W905A when i try to stream them.

The wife recorded some eastenders on bbc three and bbc one sd and they can be watched perfectly. Other channels i noticed that worked fine were Channel 4 HD, ITV, and most other FTA channels apart from BBC ONE HD.

Other recorded channels like Nick Jr, BabyTV do not work (and these are the recorded videos my little one likes to watch on demand on the W905A).

The workaround is to download these to laptop and use TS Doctor to fix them and then upload again. I could use NetDrive and map a drive and just do it in one go next time.

Still would love to stream sly channels to the W9 via the smart features...... wishful thinking

Rob van der Does
01-10-13, 06:10
Did you try a simple rename of the TS-files to '.mpeg'? For many applications that is sufficient (and much quicker and less work then recoding them).