PDA

View Full Version : ViX default picon replaced

ea.xlns
17-12-12, 23:38
Hi folks,

I'm using an ultimo and have downloaded the picons 'tv-ocram.hd.reflection' from the plugins menu. I'm slightly annoyed that the default Vix picon has been replaced by a white picon. (see attached picture).

Ideally, I would like to replace this annoying white logo with the black equivalent so it actually camouflages out and blends in to the menu in the background. That would look better on the channels that don't have picons too.

Anyone know where this white picon is located?

Thanks

Rob van der Does
18-12-12, 05:21
It looks like the default icon is missing. It should be /usr/share/enigma2/ViX_Night_HD/picon_default.png

deleted
18-12-12, 17:32
Just delete /picon/picon_default.png

My picons don't overwrite or delete system files.

andyblac
18-12-12, 17:43
Just delete /picon/picon_default.png

My picons don't overwrite or delete system files.

could you remove from your packs. imo the default should taken care of by the skins.

deleted
18-12-12, 19:45
Enigma has it's own default picon,
The skin can provide his own default picon, and
The picons can have their own default picon.

If the picons don't have one, it falls back to the skin, if the skin doesn't provide one, it falls back to the enigma default one.

I myself find it strange that all the different picon packs out there don't supply their own picon_default.png, to me it also look strange that you'll have a bunch of picons with a white/grey background and if one of them is missing it flashes back to an all black image.

This is also the first person to not like it and it has been this way since day 1, so I have my reservations to immediately remove them....

ea.xlns
18-12-12, 23:03

If the picons don't have one, it falls back to the skin, if the skin doesn't provide one, it falls back to the enigma default one.

I myself find it strange that all the different picon packs out there don't supply their own picon_default.png, to me it also look strange that you'll have a bunch of picons with a white/grey background and if one of them is missing it flashes back to an all black image.

This is also the first person to not like it and it has been this way since day 1, so I have my reservations to immediately remove them....

I'm probably the only person that is bothered to actually say that I don't like it. Why would anyone like a white picon over a black background?

Rob van der Does
19-12-12, 05:51
Then I'm the second. The default picon in your (very much appreciated) HD-transparent set never showed up. Reading this thread I removed the default from the picon-folder and now I indeed see again the default from the skin.

However I can't explain the 'white picon' from OP.

Rob van der Does
20-12-12, 23:02

On second thought: I think I agree with you. The mechanism you mention indeed seems to be working fine, and now one has a default picon that is in line with the style of the picon set.