PDA

View Full Version : cant telnet on windows 7

stevedunkgrass
19-09-10, 10:34
Hi i have just installed my duo and want to save my image so i can try some different ones. i have followed tut in stickys but when i type "telnet 192.168.1.126" in coomand promt i get the following message "telnet 192.168.1.126" is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. cant get any further i need a little help thanks.

Sicilian
19-09-10, 10:37
Here you go

http://www.fettesps.com/windows-7-enable-telnet/

Or use putty ;)

grtmoby
19-09-10, 10:41
it is posted here ;)

http://www.vuplus-support.co.uk/showthread.php?622-Telnet-on-Windows-7

amires
19-09-10, 18:54
Or you can use dcc which have telnet functionality built in however in my opinion nothing can beat PuTTY as a SSH/Telnet client.

pooface
19-09-10, 20:23
Cannot understand why Bill doesn't just put telnet on as standard... OK, a lot of the users won't use it, but then again, does they use half the functions that are installed as a default on windows?!

Nos
21-09-10, 15:28
Cannot understand why Bill doesn't just put telnet on as standard... OK, a lot of the users won't use it, but then again, does they use half the functions that are installed as a default on windows?!

This is because all the previous MS operating systems had everything installed by default. This made them large, had impact on performance and also made them less secure. Since Vista MS have new aproach to install as less as posible by default.

guff daddy
21-09-10, 16:15
This is because all the previous MS operating systems had everything installed by default. This made them large, had impact on performance and also made them less secure. Since Vista MS have new aproach to install as less as posible by default.

Telnet on Windows 7 is about 78Kb. Not exactly bloated. Also - it is installed by default, but not enabled. Doesn't make any sense.

grtmoby
21-09-10, 16:56
Telnet on Windows 7 is about 78Kb. Not exactly bloated. Also - it is installed by default, but not enabled. Doesn't make any sense.

this is related to security issues and even telnet is installed not enable, SSH is not available.... anyway that is it and we have to take with a bit of salt no use to keep say why and what if and so on....

guff daddy
21-09-10, 18:58
this is related to security issues and even telnet is installed not enable, SSH is not available.... anyway that is it and we have to take with a bit of salt no use to keep say why and what if and so on....

Oh I know - doesn't mean we can't bitch about Microsoft every now and again...