PDA

View Full Version : [ViX_Misc] remote streamconvert plugin

twol
17-12-12, 14:29
Phoenix, I am thinking of installing a cheap solo E2 receiver just with an ethernet connection in a new bedroom in our cellar, where it is pretty impossible to connect to any satellite connection (too much concrete to penetrate) - apart from installing the box, VIX image and plugin, do I have to do anything else to use with my current ET9200? (I will not be using the new boxes sat tuner at all)

Larry-G
17-12-12, 14:36
as long at they both have active network connections you should be ok, this is exactly how i setup my own uno before i could get the third dish setup.

twol
17-12-12, 14:40
as long at they both have active network connections you should be ok, this is exactly how i setup my own uno before i could get the third dish setup.

there is a Sky card/CCcam in the ET9200, so will the Sky channels also stream OK to the cellar receiver or only FTA?

Larry-G
17-12-12, 14:45
every thing including the EPG will stream from the host box on the channels being viewed.

Rob van der Does
17-12-12, 14:45
there is a Sky card/CCcam in the ET9200, so will the Sky channels also stream OK to the cellar receiver or only FTA?
They will be fine. The only limitation you have, is the number of tuners and simultaneous recordings/streams your serverbox is doing. A stream is being handled the same way as a recording is.

twol
17-12-12, 14:49
So better than Sky Multiroom options :)

Rob van der Does
17-12-12, 14:52
So better than Sky Multiroom options :)
No idea. Anyway: using the RemoteStreamConvertor and a mount set up the correct way, you won't notice you're on a client box at all.

twol
17-12-12, 14:54
No idea. Anyway: using the RemoteStreamConvertor and a mount set up the correct way, you won't notice you're on a client box at all.

Mount? what for...? :confused:

Rob van der Does
17-12-12, 15:07
Mount? what for...?
For watching files/recordings from your server box.

Larry-G
17-12-12, 17:06
Mount? what for...? :confused:

Basically the plugin creates a network mount between the boxes allowing the client box to borrow a tuner from the server box, in the same way as a recording would tie up a tuner on the box while watching another channel.