PDA

View Full Version : need to view recordings on other box

cactikid
17-12-12, 01:49
i have a duo with internal hdd and i set up my solo to play the recordings elsewhere,now i want to add the max digital into the system ,it sees the duo but cannot access it,on the vu boxes i just pressed the recording list button but nothing there:baby::confused:think i missed a step if anyone can help please ,cheers.

judge
17-12-12, 02:00
On the server box, Menu -> Setup -> Network -> Samba setup, install both options.
On the client box, Menu -> Setup -> Network -> Samba setup, install the first option.

Then on the client boxes:
Menu -> Setup -> Network -> Mounts Setup -> Network Browser, mount your server share.

s1m0nw
17-12-12, 08:38
I was told nfs is better for linux to linux samba is more for windows to linux

Rob van der Does
17-12-12, 08:47
You're right: you should indeed install NFS on both the DUO (probably already done) and the MaxDigitaal. Once done you can use the networkbrowser on the MaxDigitaal to mount the DUO, using the NFS (not the cifs) option.

judge
17-12-12, 12:07

Yes, I install both, I have linux & windows on the same network, so samba seems the easiest way to get a new win box connecting.
But if all you need is NFS, just choose that option.

cactikid
18-12-12, 00:07
just have to find the right buttons to press now,why cant remotes be standard:D:thumbsup:

judge
18-12-12, 00:09
just have to find the right buttons to press now,why cant remotes be standard:D:thumbsup:

should be the same buttons as you are setting up through the menus :confused: