PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Linux reveiver

clicky555
16-12-12, 23:35
Hi all let me start by saying apologies if such a thread exists already but can't find one. I currently have skybox s11 and it's ok but want to upgrade to one with more functionality and looking for some advice.

I basically want a box that will act as close to proper officially sky box as possible. I want full epg, twin tuner, series link all for around €250, will stretch to €300. I will be looking for all functions on uk 28.2 sat. I know there are issues with this sat only broadcasting now and next.

All suggestions helpful.

Thanking you in advance!

judge
16-12-12, 23:40
Duo, Solo2, Ultimo, Tm Twin, T2, Gigablue, you're spoiled for choice at the moment...
And, don't forget your £5 discount from the site sponsor.

warajoker
17-12-12, 02:52
Gigablue quad mate. your not gonna find a better box with such high spec for the same price atm.
Hi all let me start by saying apologies if such a thread exists already but can't find one. I currently have skybox s11 and it's ok but want to upgrade to one with more functionality and looking for some advice.

I basically want a box that will act as close to proper officially sky box as possible. I want full epg, twin tuner, series link all for around €250, will stretch to €300. I will be looking for all functions on uk 28.2 sat. I know there are issues with this sat only broadcasting now and next.

All suggestions helpful.

Thanking you in advance!

clicky555
17-12-12, 03:23
Hi warajoker,
Thanks mate for reply. I was looking at GB quad and although a great spec it's a little over budget and I don't really need dvb-t tuner option. I think TM for now unless with the new vu+2 coming out it drives down price of others especially vu+.

judge
17-12-12, 03:45
The main area TM are lacking in now (IMO) is USB tuners & playback of various media formats.
If you just want the box to watch & record TV, the Twin is a great box using latest VIX images, the TM-T2 should be just as good.

clicky555
17-12-12, 08:57
Hi judge, yeap I have various methods of streaming media at home the one I use mainly is xbox and now with win8 smart glass I will not be using anything else. I simply want a box just like official sky box to watch and record. Must have EPG and something along the lines of series link. Internal HDD support a plus. I think the technomate is a no brainer. Just need to decide on which one. They both support E2 and work with plugins such as CrossEPG and Autotimer?

warajoker
17-12-12, 10:05
the only other one that i have used and can reconmend for a cheaper price is vu+duo that ofers a full 7 day + epg
Hi judge, yeap I have various methods of streaming media at home the one I use mainly is xbox and now with win8 smart glass I will not be using anything else. I simply want a box just like official sky box to watch and record. Must have EPG and something along the lines of series link. Internal HDD support a plus. I think the technomate is a no brainer. Just need to decide on which one. They both support E2 and work with plugins such as CrossEPG and Autotimer?

judge
17-12-12, 11:38

7 day EPG & sharing the internal HDD will be fine.
As you only want it to support live TV, either will be a good choice.

clicky555
18-12-12, 01:52
Are all the suggested boxes cccam supported? Or am I even aloud to ask.

Larry-G
18-12-12, 01:57

it's not so much the box but the image that supports cams etc, and yes all receivers with the ViX image support CCcam although i'd remind you to be mindful of the rules when considering asking for help with cams etc.

judge
18-12-12, 02:01

Yes, you can ask about cams & get support for cams including cccam, just not illegal sharing methods.
Cccam is fully supported on all boxes suggested.

Edit: pheonix beat me to your answer, you should have a good idea now...

clicky555
18-12-12, 02:02
Absolutely just curious that's all, thanks.