PDA

View Full Version : [ET5x00] can i update build online

fizza
16-12-12, 22:45
Hi all been trying to update box after putting a new plugin on box I have box 3.0 build 393 and I am trying to update to 514 is this possible online thanks

Stanman
16-12-12, 22:49
You cant do online update to a specific build - its the latest build.

for 514 you need to grab it from here

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=ET-5x00/

fizza
16-12-12, 23:03
Thanks for the quick reply

fizza
16-12-12, 23:08
Sorry for being a novice so I should be able to upgrade to the latest version online i have tried with no luck but if I wanted a diff build I know where to get it from thanks

Rob van der Does
17-12-12, 04:57
You can find all our builds here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/enigma2/openvix/index.php?dir=).
No idea why you wouldn't want to use the latest build: we strongly advise to do so.

fizza
17-12-12, 08:22
Sorry I do want to use the latest build but the problem i have is i cant get the new build with the software up date online it states a background update check is in progress all the time thanks

Rob van der Does
17-12-12, 08:37
Sorry I do want to use the latest build but the problem i have is i cant get the new build with the software up date online it states a background update check is in progress all the time thanks
Your best bet would be to make a settings backup, flash your box with build 521 and carry out a restore during the First Install wizard. You'll be up & running in some 10 minutes.

fizza
17-12-12, 08:54
Cheers I will give it a go thanks

copex
17-12-12, 21:33

wait 5 min's then try again, i just tell the box to continue :-) you could also try telneting to the box and typing "init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6"

if you dont know how type telnet in the search box at the top of the page

Rob van der Does
17-12-12, 21:37
wait 5 min's then try again, i just tell the box to continue :-) you could also try telneting to the box and typing "init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6" if you dont know how type telnet in the search box above
Please reread what I said just two posts above: he'll need to reflash anyway!