PDA

View Full Version : Gigablue UE dead ???

azael
16-12-12, 18:18
Hi my UE has just died on me . It came up with an sorry we have encountered a problem message your box will now reboot ( Wasn't trying to do anything just changed channel). It gets as far the open vix screen and gigablue presents on the the LCD then nothing. I have tried flashing the bootloader ( most recent one) and initially the light flashes purple then goes to red and the LCD screen is blank the instructions say be patient how long should it take?. I have left it like this for about 20 mins. Anyone got any ideas

Thanks in advance
A

Rob van der Does
16-12-12, 18:26
Why flashed the bootloader? That is a very dangerous operation (if something goes wrong the box indeed passes away) that is not needed at all.

azael
16-12-12, 18:42
I had already tried flashing the image and nothing was happening CONF did not appear on the screen I was still stuck with gigablue presents on the screen and nothing else no flashing lights nothing.So after reading up I thought I would have to flash the bootloader tho' that seem seems to have made no difference. I'm using a USB stick that I know works

azael
16-12-12, 19:17
Okay I guess patience is a virtue went away made tea and it rebooted itself:D looks like it will be fine

Rob van der Does
16-12-12, 19:28
Okay I guess patience is a virtue .....
It is. And sometimes it pays off :thumbsup:

Larry-G
16-12-12, 19:31
went away made tea and it rebooted itself:D looks like it will be fine

Thats usually the best thing to do in these kinds of situations.

Rob van der Does
16-12-12, 19:32
Thats usually the best thing to do in these kinds of situations.
A cupa you mean?

Larry-G
16-12-12, 19:36
A cupa you mean?

Indeed, tends to remove the temptation of drop-kicking the unit / device from a upstairs window in a fit of shear frustration.

manicscrewdriver
13-01-13, 01:05
Think yourself lucky. For the time it takes to flash my Gigablue HD Solo you could have a four course lunch.

Last time i flashed an image to it, I started it off and then took the kids to school. It still hadn't finished when I got back 20 minutes later. On average it takes about 25 to 30 mins for it to flash and then reboot into the image.

Its the only drawback about the box. Other than that its a fantastic box :thumbsup:

Nano