PDA

View Full Version : Flashing Gigablue Quad

anfieldoreilly
16-12-12, 18:03
Hi,

My GF has bought me a Quad for Christmas.

When I'm flashing it do I need to flash any bootloader or just follow the tut for flashing the gigablue 800?

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?22469-How-to-USB-flash-Upgrade-GiGaBlue-HD-800-SE-purchased-after-31-08-12-from-WoS

Cheers

marty
16-12-12, 18:25
Just flash it, AFAIK you shouldn't need to do the bootloader thing.

BTW, nice GF you have :thumbsup:

anfieldoreilly
17-12-12, 01:58
Just flash it, AFAIK you shouldn't need to do the bootloader thing.

BTW, nice GF you have :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Just making sure. Don't want to brick it.

Cheers. Bought her an iPhone 5. I ain't that lucky ha.

anfieldoreilly
25-12-12, 03:55
Got mine yesterday. Trying to put vix on it. Extracted to the usb(formatted to fat32). Put it in switched on. The box just boots up into openmips.
The usb isn't an expensive one. But the box recognises it when I go through the menus. Does that not suggest it should work to flash?

I'll try look for a better USB tomorrow. Is that the most likely problem?

Sicilian
25-12-12, 08:58
Use this tool to format your USB stick http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?45-USB-Format-Tool

Extract the image and copy the complete Gigablue folder to root of your USB stick. I would then connect usb stick to a rear port, power on, then when you get the message on the front LCD press OK behind front flap.

anfieldoreilly
25-12-12, 11:38
Yeah I had done that. The LCD is just dark when I turn my box on. And stays dark(off) even when up and running. The blue led lights up. That's it though.

anfieldoreilly
25-12-12, 12:10
I sorted the LCD. When I installed installed the HDD I hit of the cable that connects it to the board and knocked it out. Stupid mistake anyway its fixed now :).

Still when I put the USB in I get nothing to ask me to flash. Just boots into openmips. I'm 100% sure I'm following the guide correctly. So can only hope its the cheap USB.

anfieldoreilly
25-12-12, 21:24
New USB worked :)