PDA

View Full Version : tm twin or tm 2t for picture quality

lee3272
16-12-12, 11:27
Hi i have a vuduo at moment ive just tried a tm800hd and the picture is far better on tm800 im after a recording reciever has anyone owned both of these recievers or can point me to a good picture quality reviever also do both of these receivers come with the sharp tuners same as tm800hd not really bothered about boot time ect cheers lee

scruff1963
16-12-12, 16:54
I have a tmtwin, tm800hd and a dm800se the tm800hd has a superior picture to the other 2 boxes but is also the least stable of the 3 boxes.
I havn't a tm2t but would assume that it is the same as the tmtwin picture which is good and more than acceptable.

Larry-G
16-12-12, 16:57
I have both the Twin and the T2 but have yet to compare the picture side by side. ( not really had much time to play with it yet as i set it up mid way through a 16 hr migraine ).

lee3272
17-12-12, 01:35
This is bad news replacing my vuduo for another twin tuner box isnt gonna give me the picture quality the tm800hd gives out anyone recommend a twin tuner box with really good sd and hd picture on par with tm800hd regards lee

Rob van der Does
17-12-12, 04:34
I'm really surprised you find the PQ of the DUO not OK.
Are you sure to have disabled all so-called 'video-enhancers' of your TV?

Anyway: if the DUO is not OK for you, no box will.

Larry-G
17-12-12, 06:53
I'm really surprised you find the PQ of the DUO not OK.
Are you sure to have disabled all so-called 'video-enhancers' of your TV?

Anyway: if the DUO is not OK for you, no box will.

agreed, now maybe i'm just not as fussy as some people about this kind of thing but my Duo's have always been really good PQ wise.

tonyvix
17-12-12, 08:47
agreed, now maybe i'm just not as fussy as some people about this kind of thing but my Duo's have always been really good PQ wise.
Have to agree. My picture is stunning. Crisp and pin sharp on HD.

Very happy with my choice. I would buy another tomorrow without thinking.

Regards

Rob van der Does
17-12-12, 08:50
Many people tend to let the video-enhancers and overscan of their telly in the default status. They really need to be switched off for digital TV.
And also the 'scaler' of the STB (setting used for the scaling of SD-contents) shouldn't be too high.

scruff1963
17-12-12, 11:40
I have a tm800hd and the picture is superior to the dm800se and the tmtwin, I believe it is the nxp chipset but the same chipset means the box is no where near as stable as the dm800se or the tmtwin, the twin is so stable it's boring nowadays thanks to the work put in by the vix team.

From people I know that have a duo and a twin there isn't anything in it, if you have a duo you are happy with then stay with it.

digidude
24-12-12, 09:27
when the TM800 first came out, i posted about the quality of the picture being better than my duo and DM800, and i still use the TM800s in the bedrooms

i have a duo, twin and 2T, and with the duo now being the older of the 3, its also the slowest, but, none of them has the picture sharpness of the TM800

nipperlocko
09-01-13, 18:53
I`ve got the

nipperlocko
09-01-13, 18:56
I`ve got the TM-Twin and confirm it has superb picture quality and very stable, well and truly pleased with it and do not miss SLY one bit, I also chose the box for the RF out which also works a treat from the upstairs bedroom via remote sender.:)