PDA

View Full Version : Please help vu+ duo booting problem

jfk
18-09-10, 23:54
Hi All,
When ever i try to reboot my box it just don't boot properly,It hang on boot....( I have to unplug the Ethernet cable at the back of the box before it can boot up properly.

Am currently using DE image. Anybody know why am having this problem or do i have to rtn the box?my box its only 2 months old.

grtmoby
18-09-10, 23:57
might b ur box ip is same like another device on the network.
try to use a static ip for the box and see if this may help solving the problem

jfk
19-09-10, 00:13
Thanks, I have done this, change to three diff Static Ip. it does not work. Can it be be due to a particular set up in the box or image?

grtmoby
19-09-10, 00:15
is the static ip been given through the box itself or been set in the router. definetly it is a setting issue

jfk
19-09-10, 00:32
First i reset the router and the box obtained another ip address. second and third time set set static ip for the box but with the same problem.

grtmoby
19-09-10, 00:40
have u changed any of the settings recently. set the fixed ip on the router itself. last thing, disable the network on the duo, leave the cabble connected and restart

jfk
19-09-10, 01:42
have u changed any of the settings recently. set the fixed ip on the router itself. last thing, disable the network on the duo, leave the cabble connected and restart

Thanks..i may not know any of the setting that i have changed. As am recently having forgotten my pass word for telnet but it sorted now. How do i disable the network on the duo?

grtmoby
19-09-10, 02:05
just go to network and where it says use this adapter select no

jfk
19-09-10, 12:53
just go to network and where it says use this adapter select no

Thanks, but i cant find where its says use adapter, what i can only see its adapter setting after i selected network.

grtmoby
19-09-10, 12:56
yes go in their and u shall find two options
use this adapter
use dhcp

set the use this adapter to NO
and then press ok

jfk
19-09-10, 13:39
yes go in their and u shall find two options
use this adapter
use dhcp

set the use this adapter to NO
and then press ok

I can only see use interface and when i set it to no and restart its book ok but did not show anything..I have just two ption which are use interface and use dhcp

grtmoby
19-09-10, 13:43
yes it is "use interface"

sorry was writing from memory :D

if it is ok when u set this to no then ur issue is related to its negotiation with ur router and retrieving the settings.

y not backup ur setting and do an image flash

jfk
19-09-10, 14:01
yes it is "use interface"

sorry was writing from memory :D

if it is ok when u set this to no then ur issue is related to its negotiation with ur router and retrieving the settings.

y not backup ur setting and do an image flash

Are saying a new image entirely?

grtmoby
19-09-10, 14:05
no can be the image u r using now. just in case something is corrupted or went wrong, you have a fresh install.

pooface
19-09-10, 14:26
The static IP you are setting, is that ip allocated from the dhcp range?! If possible, try to change the dhcp range in the router, and then set the static ip to something outside of the range...