PDA

View Full Version : MPD / alsa / whatever dlna renderer

thundering
15-12-12, 00:22
Hey,

I'd really like this box to play my music for me. Given that I haven't been too enamoured with the music playing interface that I've seen in the plugins, I feel the need to use a control device such as my phone.

As I see it there's the option of something like MPD that has its own controller software or something that will act as a DLNA renderer so I can use any DLNA controller. I could use djmount with MPD to access media files on the network (haven't tested this). My media files will probably not be local.

Installing MPD gets me these errors:

root@gbquad:/etc# mpd
Failed to stat directory "/media/content": No such file or directory
Failed to load database: Failed to open database file "/var/lib/mpd/mpd.db": No such file or directory
output: No "audio_output" defined in config file
output: Attempt to detect audio output device
output: Attempting to detect a alsa audio device
ALSA lib confmisc.c:768:(parse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392:(snd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251:(snd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4241:(_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4720:(snd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2217:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM dmix
alsa: Error opening default ALSA device: No such file or directory
output: Attempting to detect a oss audio device
oss: Error opening OSS device "/dev/dsp": No such file or directory
oss: Error opening OSS device "/dev/sound/dsp": No such device
output: Unable to detect an audio device

This is a fresh install (after removing some lines in the config that don't seem to be supported in the current mips version), but I've played with both the alsa and oss options before without any success.

Has anybody got alsa/oss/mpd working on this device (or any gigablue mips box) or have an alternate suggestion for me?

XabiX
18-12-12, 09:35
Hello,

I have no solution for you as I never played with this MPD stuff.
Have you checked all possibilities? I would be surprised that there is no music player pluging available within OpenVIX that allows remote control either by the web or specifc clients.

Are there any folks using their OpenVIX image to be a music player without the use of the remote control which is a pain in the a... to manage it's playlist etc...

thundering
20-12-12, 15:30
I haven't been through "all" the plugins yet, although none of them jumped out at me when I was originally looking. I know people have used MPD with other MIPS based satellite receivers so it's probably a driver issue. I haven't investigated more since I started this thread but I'll certainly update it if I work out a solution.