PDA

View Full Version : ViX and Unibox HD3 does not read cards with OScam

bobi
14-12-12, 15:08
As title says it.
I have installed the yesterdays ViX image on my Venton HD3 box.
I have one Conax card and one NDS card.
Have installed OScam as card reader and CCcam as emulator.

My problem is that OSCAM does not read the cards, i have Mara M9 and Vu+ Ultimo on top of this.
My ultimo with the same setup , configuration and files works OK with the cards, but Unibox and Mara M9 boxes does not work.

I will like to ask, is there any driver diference betwen Ultimo Image and images made for Venton or Mara ?

Is there any pakage with lates OScam and CCcam that i can install manualy.

maybe there is some difeences that i do not know or cant see, anyone here using this boxes can help with some ipk or tar file to manulay install OScam and CCcam

Stanman
14-12-12, 15:10
Used Oscam and ViX on Et9, DUO, Et5, Gigablue and Ultimo never had any issues, you have the conf file pointing at the rigth slot?

Sounds silly but got the card the rigth way up?

bobi
15-12-12, 19:28
Yes mate, i have cheek and recheeked my cards and my configs.
As i say the same configs with the same image work perfectly on Ultimo, but on Unibox HD3 and on Mara M9 same image from ViX and same config from Ultimo does not read the card.
I will like to use HD3 and the M9 from now on and sell my Ultimo as i will then buy the new DUO2 when is out, but if my cards not working on Unibox or Mara then im lost.

I do not know what im doing wrong here, i use same image, i have used same IPK for OSCAM and CCcam install on all boxes but still cards works only on Ultimo

any more suggestion plz

Stanman
16-12-12, 22:29
I don't have either of those boxes and don't think any one else I know has them, if you have tested the config and it works in other boxes but not these than the only thing I can think of is the card reader is not reading the card?

Perhaps some one with these boxes can confirm

bobi
18-12-12, 14:48
I have tested again today, box works OK with CCcam and reads Conax card. But since i have NDS card here i need and must use OScam as card reader.
As soon as i start OScam the conax card gives this output

14:42:41 5CxxxC0 r ERROR: 0 characters found in ATR
14:42:41 5xxxC0 r Error activating card.
14:42:42 5xxxC0 r ERROR in IO_Serial_WaitToRead: fd is in error fds, (errno=0 Success)
14:42:42 5xxxC0 r ERROR: 0 characters found in ATR
14:42:42 5xxxC0 r Error activating card.
14:42:42 5CE9C0 r card initializing error

So OScam does not read any card with either Mara M9 or Venton Unibox HD3 that i have.
the strangest thing is that with Ultimo this works perfectly , same CCcam version, same OSCAM VERSION, same Image,

I do not know if this is a problem with drivers or OScam for this boxes

thanks for the help so far

pooface
18-12-12, 16:56
I have tested again today, box works OK with CCcam and reads Conax card. But since i have NDS card here i need and must use OScam as card reader.
As soon as i start OScam the conax card gives this output

14:42:42 5xxxC0 r ERROR in IO_Serial_WaitToRead: fd is in error fds, (errno=0 Success)

So OScam does not read any card with either Mara M9 or Venton Unibox HD3 that i have.
the strangest thing is that with Ultimo this works perfectly , same CCcam version, same OSCAM VERSION, same Image,

I do not know if this is a problem with drivers or OScam for this boxes

thanks for the help so far

This is likely dependant on the way you started the cams up...

If cccam is already running when you start oscam, oscam will not be able to read the cards, since cccam is already trying to read them. You need to ensure oscam starts before cccam.

What you should do. Stop all cams. Disable startup on all cams. Then, enable startup for oscam. Start oscam. Enable startup for cccam, start cccam. You should find that the box then reads the cards in oscam...

Sent from my iPad using that Tapatalk thingy

bobi
18-12-12, 19:36
Pooface thanks for the replay.
Yes i have donne like this.
First start OSCAM manualy , while there is no other camd installed, but still OSCAM does not read my cards, im testing only with Conax card now just to make sure OScam reads it.

I i re-install new image today from ViX from here openvix-3.0.521-ventonhdx_usb.zip , after that i download OSCAM from here enigma2-plugin-cams-oscam.1.00.5953_1.0_mipsel.ipk
manual installed OScam, then added my card to the reader and start OScam manualy and this is where i see the card is not init as i get messages like below

Now i know card works on the Venton Unibox hd3 and Mara M9 becouse conax card works OK with CCcam alone, but as i told before i have NDS cards and must use OScam for this cards

I have realy seen all i can but still cant find out why OScam does not read the card , while same config files works perfectly on Ultimo box

If you have any oscam&cccam IPK pakage for Unibox HD3 or mara m9 plz add it here or to the download page

pooface
18-12-12, 19:50
Easiest thing to do, is go to the cccam main download site, and download latest nightly binary. Then, upload just the binary to /usr/ softcams/ and chmod to 755. Will work fine. Don't need ipk. Might be because you're using an old binary?!

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2

bobi
18-12-12, 21:18
i have now flashed with Egami image just to test, and still here is the same problem sadly.
The conax card from digitalb works just fine with CCcam, my problem is the Baltic Viasat card and UK card, both uses NDS system and this is why i need OScam to work acctualy.

You mean OScam nightly build right ?

thanks for the replay and help from all

danop
18-12-12, 22:20
I have ad well a conax and a NDS card, but is only using ccam on 2 GB Quad. There is only 1 card reader on the box, and I tried with both Conax and NDS in the card reader. Both are working fine.
As second card reader I use Smargo readers, which work fine, so I dont understand, why you need Oscam?

bobi
19-12-12, 11:10
Danop thanks for replay, but i will like to use OScam and not CCam, my Viasat Baltic card cannot be readed with CCcam nor can the UK nds card.
For me is importand to use OSCAM or perhaps maybe there is another card reader out there that works

bobi
19-12-12, 11:16
Just an update the Unibox
From Egami image site i see there is given an answer

(Quote )

Driver for OSCAM will be fixed in January. SmartCard reader driver needs improvments.

(Quote End )

seems i have used my time for nothing as there is a know problem with this box.

Larry-G
19-12-12, 16:42
seems i have used my time for nothing as there is a know problem with this box.

I would not say that. After all now you have a definitive answer to your queries and others who have the same issues will know too thanks to this thread.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2