PDA

View Full Version : How do i stop picons getting overwritten when software updating.

warajoker
14-12-12, 00:44
basically as the title says. is there anything i can do so i dont lose my picons when updating vix

judge
14-12-12, 00:49
Install them manually, not from the feeds.

Mr. Mister
14-12-12, 01:00
Are you talking about the lcd picons.. ??

If yes.. then you can add the 2 xml files to etc/enigma2

Then reboot..

warajoker
14-12-12, 01:14
yes im on about the lcd screen. currentley i have theese xml files installed into usr/share/enigma 2 skin_display220_picon skin_display220_no_picon what else do i need and could you please link me to them?
Are you talking about the lcd picons.. ??

If yes.. then you can add the 2 xml files to etc/enigma2

Then reboot..

judge
14-12-12, 01:24
ah, sorry, presumed you were talking about osd picons.
Mr. Mister will help you out a lot better than I can with lcd picons.

Mr. Mister
14-12-12, 02:27
Link here for the picins.. and the 2 xml files..

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?23682-Vix-Team-Gigablue-Quad-amp-800UE-Full-Set-LCD-Picons

Rob van der Does
14-12-12, 05:41
More in general: everything that has been installed is known as such by OPKG and will be overwritten during an online update (if the feeds also contain that package).
If you do want to update, but you have packages that you would like to exclude from an update, you must take care to fool OPKG (i.e. 'install' them manually without OPKG knowing about it. This is not a real 'install' (otherwise OPKG would know) but you need to FTP files to the correct location).

warajoker
14-12-12, 11:02
those are the 2 i already have installed

Rob van der Does
14-12-12, 11:07
those are the 2 i already have installed
You can e.g. act as follows:
1- Install a plugin (from the feeds or from whatever which source; let's say install picons from the feeds);
2- Rename the folder of the plugin (so change 'picon' into 'piconss' or so);
3- Deinstall the plugin via the official way (from this moment on opkg thinks it to be uninstalled);
4- Rename the folder to it's original name.

From now on the plugin won't be overwritten anymore (but of course it won't be updated either)

XabiX
18-12-12, 09:32
What would be much better is to have the OSD picons provided within the OpenVix image so we don't have to do manual installs and take care of such issues when they are upgrades.

In my case, my current OSD display (the default one that comes with OpenVix) is not usefull as it's too small to be read. Ideally I would like to have only the picon to be shown in the LCD screen.

Would it be possible to ask OpenVix team to consider in building one package that provides the LCD screen filled with picons?

thanks

Rob van der Does
18-12-12, 09:43
What would be much better is to have the OSD picons provided within the OpenVix image so we don't have to do manual installs and take care of such issues when they are upgrades.

In my case, my current OSD display (the default one that comes with OpenVix) is not usefull as it's too small to be read. Ideally I would like to have only the picon to be shown in the LCD screen.

Would it be possible to ask OpenVix team to consider in building one package that provides the LCD screen filled with picons?
First of all, as with all picons, they are to be to your taste. A plugin offers you the freedom to make your own choice. And many people (like me) wouldn't want to use them at all.
Secondly, we have users all over the world. So we would have to embed a huge amount of picons.

Please, be happy you can make the image to your personal liking!

XabiX
18-12-12, 11:02
No I don't speak about the picons. What I was trying to say is that I would like to be able to chose what gets displayed in the QUAD LCD screen. Currently there are many lines and I can't read if from where I seat. So I was looking to be able to configure the OpenVix so it displays the picon that is used on the TV side into the QUAD LCD screen as well.