PDA

View Full Version : [ET9x00] cant access windows 7 shares to play movies...

manikm
13-12-12, 01:12
hi guys,

ive disabled firewall (for testing purposes) on my laptop - ive shared a folder to everyone.

but when i do a scan - it shows my machine, but not the shares....currently im having to copy to usb disk first.

any ideas?

(other pcs can see the shares fine)

ta

judge
13-12-12, 01:22
Have you set up any network services on the box?
You probably need Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Samba or NTFS or AFP depending on your lappy.

manikm
13-12-12, 01:28
Have you set up any network services on the box?
You probably need Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Samba or NTFS or AFP depending on your lappy.

thanks for all your quick replies mate, nah its not that - it sees my old windows xp laptop, and expands the shares....with my win7 laptop it wont expand the shares....

ive just installed the samba service as u mentioned, but no joy.

did a rescan too, same result.
:(

judge
13-12-12, 01:36
Restart the box after installing samba? I've no issues here but don't have that box.
Doubt it's box specific though or an image issue, more like a network problem only you can fix...

manikm
13-12-12, 01:38
trying now

manikm
13-12-12, 02:17
nothing...

Delagroov
13-12-12, 08:10
thanks for all your quick replies mate, nah its not that - it sees my old windows xp laptop, and expands the shares....with my win7 laptop it wont expand the shares....

ive just installed the samba service as u mentioned, but no joy.

did a rescan too, same result.
:(

That a common problem of Win7, somehow it has to much security.

I have the same here. When using XP on same laptop it finds the shares.

So you have manually add the location to share directory on Win7 Laptop and that will work..

jason04r
15-12-12, 13:37
Disable any antivirus/firewalls you have and try again.

Maxwell
15-12-12, 13:56
did you try following the guide here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share&highlight=how+access+windows)

marty
15-12-12, 14:02
did you try following the guide here (http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?15974-How-To-Setting-up-Windows-Network-Share&highlight=how+access+windows)

I set mine up EXACTLY like this (did it ages ago on the DUO) and I can confirm this works with no problems :)

copex
16-12-12, 10:03
dose you windows 7 pc have a password, if the answer is no try setting one.