PDA

View Full Version : Auto timer recording on VIX image intermittently working.

ianh1066
18-09-10, 13:46
Hi guys,

Got my vu+ duo up & running.

Got a 1tb hard drive installed and working.

When I use the auto timer function it hasn't been recording for some reason.

Tried a normal timer recording last night and it worked fine.
Left the box to record something overnight and it said it had done it but I can't find the recording.

Tried recording again this morning and still got nothing but just tried another and it worked no problem!!!!

Anyone any ideas what could be causing this?

TIA

Ian

t.ph
18-09-10, 18:28
Check your Recording Paths

Menu>Setup>System>Recording Paths

There are different locations available for Instant Record & Timer Record

andyblac
18-09-10, 19:50
also try a different channel ie ITV HD there is 4 of them, sometimes not all of them work with autotimer and epg

paul362
19-09-10, 07:59
I noticed last night that my auto-timer set for Merlin on bbc1 did not record either ? But last weeks Merlin did record from the auto-timer ?? doesn't make sense any suggestions welcome.

ianh1066
19-09-10, 09:09
well after last night, i set a few recordings by the standard timer and it worked perfectly every time!

i think there may be a bit of an issue on the auto timer.

i can live with that for now though! ;-)

pooface
19-09-10, 20:56
It could all be down to the way you have your autotimer configured?! Maybe it wasn't in the correct timespan... Maybe you wanted a different info field (can't remember the correct name, sorry), and it had the same info in that field. Maybe the filename has a space (" " withouth quotes :p) in front of the name in one, but not the other. Maybe you specified to be case sensitive, but the titles were not the same case... Lots of different reasons why... Especially with crossepg or satmate epg data...

andyblac
21-09-10, 19:22
It could all be down to the way you have your autotimer configured?! Maybe it wasn't in the correct timespan... Maybe you wanted a different info field (can't remember the correct name, sorry), and it had the same info in that field. Maybe the filename has a space (" " withouth quotes :p) in front of the name in one, but not the other. Maybe you specified to be case sensitive, but the titles were not the same case... Lots of different reasons why... Especially with crossepg or satmate epg data...

yeah, i might include the version of CrossEPG, i have that i have tweak to get rid of those pesky spaces in the tiles :), i have Zero problems with AutoTimer